BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Bargain!

For people who collect memorabilia for whatever reason I think this is a bargain.

There may not be many like it around. If it gives you pleasure, good on ya!

Would you like to buy a Keith Andrews signed paper serviette?

I imagine this was completely off the radar. Plus it's a signature on a shirt from a year he wasn't at the club.

A 94/95 shirt with the signature is probably a lot more valuable.

This one went for £41 - unsigned

Although I think the description is wrong. It's embroidered with the Premier League Champions 94/95 so that would make it the 95/96 shirt, no?

Just a tip to anyone who is looking to buy shirts like these, or even get them signed to sell off...I am a bit of a snob when it comes to my Rovers collectibles and have a number of signed shirts, including the 94-95 home and away fully signed.

I look out for shirts on ebay now and then and it always confuses me as to why anyone would want a shirt signed by a player that never wore it, as Jisty said? (Has anyone seen the scene from Will Ferrell's Stepbrothers, where he has a Samurai sword, signed by Randy Jackson?...reminded me of that lol!)

Apologies to the seller whoever they maybe as I haven't checked, but generally a lot of these type of signed shirts are sold by non-Rovers fans who probably don't have the same eye for authenticity (in terms of players who wore what shirt etc)as many on this site would have.

That said it is definitely the way to pickup a bargain, as long as resale value doesn't bother you, and to be fair, why should it?

Just a tip to anyone who is looking to buy shirts like these, or even get them signed to sell off...I am a bit of a snob when it comes to my Rovers collectibles and have a number of signed shirts, including the 94-95 home and away fully signed.

I look out for shirts on ebay now and then and it always confuses me as to why anyone would want a shirt signed by a player that never wore it, as Jisty said? (Has anyone seen the scene from Will Ferrell's Stepbrothers, where he has a Samurai sword, signed by Randy Jackson?...reminded me of that lol!)

Apologies to the seller whoever they maybe as I haven't checked, but generally a lot of these type of signed shirts are sold by non-Rovers fans who probably don't have the same eye for authenticity (in terms of players who wore what shirt etc)as many on this site would have.

That said it is definitely the way to pickup a bargain, as long as resale value doesn't bother you, and to be fair, why should it?

so what you're sayin is ya dont think i will get my money back?

so what you're sayin is ya dont think i will get my money back?

Possible, but only if the person you sell to isn't bothered about the issues I highlighted either. Anything can happen on ebay.

Everyone has their different views on what is and what isn't good memorabilia, and to be fair, as long as you are happy with it that is all that matters...I am just pointing out there may be a reason why lots of others didn't bid on it.

At the end of the day a signed Rovers shirt is always going to look good. Pick up a nice frame for £15 tops and some backing card and it will look great on your wall. (If I have time I will stick some pics of mine up on here - you don't need to pay a framer a lot of money to make them look good).

Archived