BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Google Street View

Just incase anyone uses it or finds it interesting - East Lancs has finally been added to Google street view.

You can now see the religious theatre that is 'Ewood Park'.

Its a very useful tool if your going somewhere but cant quite picture where it is...

Massive coincidence Hughesy, as I was just looking at Chorley on Street View whilst eating my butty (Which didn't show up). Bloody great stuff, my house /street looks like it was taken during last summer, judging by the front garden.

Quite amazing really just how much information google maps now holds.

As from today they reckon they have 99% of the UK mapped for street view.

It is also very useful for work things. I've just done a pilot at work in Manchester whereby all our properties have been given a google maps street view reference, so that maintenance teams can have a quick look at what type of property they are going to before they go.

It is also very useful for work things. I've just done a pilot at work in Manchester whereby all our properties have been given a google maps street view reference, so that maintenance teams can have a quick look at what type of property they are going to before they go.

Lucky you, what airline does he fly with!! :D;)

My gf often comments on how good my memory is at times. I can remember small trivial things but often forget important stuff i should remember.

When i read this thread the other day, i mentioned it to her & said i can remember the exact place where i saw the google mapping car passing my car........so last night i looked on google maps & voila!!! you can see me (well my car to be precise :unsure: ) pulling out of a junction, waitiong for traffic to pass (amongst them the google car)

Infact i saw the google-car twice & my car appears in both scenes. The 2nd time was outside my house. I was crossing the road to get to my car & saw it going past. For some reason i don`t appear on the photo but my car does. Can anyone explain this?? :blink:

My gf often comments on how good my memory is at times. I can remember small trivial things but often forget important stuff i should remember.

When i read this thread the other day, i mentioned it to her & said i can remember the exact place where i saw the google mapping car passing my car........so last night i looked on google maps & voila!!! you can see me (well my car to be precise :unsure: ) pulling out of a junction, waitiong for traffic to pass (amongst them the google car)

Infact i saw the google-car twice & my car appears in both scenes. The 2nd time was outside my house. I was crossing the road to get to my car & saw it going past. For some reason i don`t appear on the photo but my car does. Can anyone explain this?? :blink:

I think what Google did was remove most people in the local streets or blurred their faces. It was on the news a few months back when it was first launched, a man was caught having a wee in the bushes in America. They also received plenty of complaints regarding people not wanting to be on the image, so they may have took the safety precaution and not included as many people.

Archived