BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Video Highlights on the web

AndyC

Hi all,

A quick bit or market research for me!

How many of you know that the Premier League highlights are available on Mondays for free on Yahoo! ?

If you do know - can you remember how you found out about it?

thanks for your replies and enjoy watching the goals v wigan!

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/08112010/58/premier-league-blackburn-beat-wigan.html

andy

Yes.

I work for Yahoo! and we recently bought the web highlights as a Premier League Broadcast Partner.

You can only view from the UK though Philip

Just had a look.

There seems to be highlights from 9 games, guess which game is missing? Are you in cahoots with the BBC?

Sorry, just found it, on a separate page from all the rest:blink:

Just had a look.

There seems to be highlights from 9 games, guess which game is missing? Are you in cahoots with the BBC?

Sorry, just found it, on a separate page from all the rest:blink:

thats the first time that has happened! Typical!

thats the first time that has happened! Typical!

G'day Mate. From what i've seen this season i'm not missing out on many Rovers highlights. ;) My days of staying up until 2am to watch Rovers are dwindling. Thank God for Foxtel iQ. Every game replayed "Live"....(and most games watched on fast forward)

I've known about the Yahoo! highlights since the start of the season as I used to watch them on Virgin Media's website last year. One thing I will say about the highlights on Yahoo! is that the video quality seems to be considerably poorer than when they were on Virgin. Any chance of hitting up the tech team about this Andy!?!?

Surely with broadband speeds being faster than ever there is no need to have such poor quality video streaming?

I've known about the Yahoo! highlights since the start of the season as I used to watch them on Virgin Media's website last year. One thing I will say about the highlights on Yahoo! is that the video quality seems to be considerably poorer than when they were on Virgin. Any chance of hitting up the tech team about this Andy!?!?

Surely with broadband speeds being faster than ever there is no need to have such poor quality video streaming?

thanks for the comments.

We have about 10 different settings which work by automatically detecting the speed of your connection and then giving you the version that matches it.

Although thas the first time Ive heard that the user experience is poorer now. Can you do me a favour and have a look at todays videos - are these still poor quality?

I knew about this a while ago, the highlights used to be on the Virgin Media site. I'm not 100% sure how I found out about it, maybe because I have all the Virgin Media Services and they told me about it. I'm sure there was an advert about it, maybe I found out that way.

thanks for the comments.

We have about 10 different settings which work by automatically detecting the speed of your connection and then giving you the version that matches it.

Although thas the first time Ive heard that the user experience is poorer now. Can you do me a favour and have a look at todays videos - are these still poor quality?

I've actually just had a look at the highlights from the weekend and the quality seems to be a lot better than the last time I watched them. My friend also thought the same and backed me up on this, just so you know it's not me being arsey!

As I have BT broadband and therefore a Yahoo account I would have expected to know about this. We also have BT Vision so do quite a lot with them. I have very vague memory of reading about this but have not received any info as a Yahoo customer. Till I saw this thread I'd forgotten about it.

I've actually just had a look at the highlights from the weekend and the quality seems to be a lot better than the last time I watched them. My friend also thought the same and backed me up on this, just so you know it's not me being arsey!

thanks for checking - really appreciate it.

Andy, as I didn't know about this despite BT Yahoo being my home page etc. can say where the highlights can be found?

here's the hub page, where all videos will be.

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/football/premier-league/video/

We get the highlights from 00.01 on Monday mornings from the weekend matches and the next morning after mid week matches.

We get to keep the videos up for 1 week.

Only downside, is that you have to sit through an ad before the highlights play - but that's the cost of providing a free service to people!

cheers

andy

• Guest featured and unfeatured this topic

Archived