BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Sleeping

I find that all hayfever tablets send me to sleep - including the non-drowsy ones - which is a pain since I suffer from hayfever.

I find it amazing something so tiny has such an effect, and so quickly after taking.

On the bus up from Dublin, even though I was shattered, I still couldn't drift off to sleep. The more I try, the more conscious I become of trying to get to sleep and not being able which makes things worse!

Exactly how I feel. Booked in to see the Doctor at 10:30 tomorrow, as 2 weeks for 4 hours a night is not enough. I cant live like this any more. The time is now 03:05 and finally I am starting to be tired.

Cheers

BKR

Exactly how I feel. Booked in to see the Doctor at 10:30 tomorrow, as 2 weeks for 4 hours a night is not enough. I cant live like this any more. The time is now 03:05 and finally I am starting to be tired.

Cheers

BKR

What's your routine just before bed-time?

Are you watching telly just before bed, surfing the web, doing something active? Ideally you shouldn't be doing anything that engages your brain too much. Some quiet reading, maybe just laying down relaxing doing some deep breathing 30 minutes before bed will get you in the right mood.

Or going for a 20 minute walk, getting some fresh air is good.

Are you drinking coffee or consuming things with caffeine like coke or dark chocolate?

Taking a supplement with valerian in it can really make you sleepy and send you off, works for me.

Good luck, hope you get it sorted without using pharmaceuticals.

Does anyone have any advice to help me get some sleep? Since I came back from the UK Monday I have been struggling to get any sleep at all. Normally I have no problem sleeping but currently I am living off 4 hours a night.

Cheers

BKR

Stop thinking about it. The more you think, the less a person will relax, hence no sleep.

As you have been in the UK, different climate, different time zone. The body will eventually catch up.

Failing the above. Become a dingle and wait for promotion to the prem - it will be a long long long time waiting. Problem being, if you do become a dingle - please stay out of the UK, it is a serious disease.

Archived