BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Baby Names

AS, Briliant spot!

Driftpeasant,

Me & the Missus each wrote down ten boys' names & ten girls' names. Then we swapped lists and we each crossed off five boys' names & five girls' names off each other's lists.

Out popped a girl so the boys' names got binned.

Three days later, she "looked like" a Catherine, rather than an Angela or a Laura or a Susan or a Joanne. Although I cannot explain why a five day old baby looks like a Catherine. She just did.

Maybe you'll get the same feeling, if so, just go with the flow & don't get too prepared.

As much as I Iove the game, footballers are in the main immoral money grabbing cretins, and the furthest thing from idols/ role models I can think of.

Personally, to grow up and find out I was named after one would annoy me; maybe something to consider when naming your child.

As much as I Iove the game, footballers are in the main immoral money grabbing cretins, and the furthest thing from idols/ role models I can think of.

Personally, to grow up and find out I was named after one would annoy me; maybe something to consider when naming your child.

Well, due to an unfortunate clause in my home mortgage contract, I have to name him after a Rover or after David Prowse. So... Rovers it is. ;)

Sadly, Tugay Hoffman has been shot down. Right now the leader in the clubhouse is Thomas Mitchell Hoffman, after Rovers' first secretary (and some say manager).

At the end of the day, your wife/partner will end up with name she wants (it's true whatever you think!)

Just make sure you don't give the child a ridiculous made up name that people seem so fond of. Remember its a name for life so make sure it's one that will stand the test of time.

Jack would make a good middle name though.

Totally - plus if you pick a name that doesn't work based on a passing liking for a particular player, your kid will probably not thank you for it when he's stuck with it. Do you know if it's a boy?

• Backroom

I would also look to use traditional well established names. Kids are stuck with the name for 80-90 years. Classical names stand the test of time - Michael, Sara, Charlotte, James etc. How many 90 year olds will enjoy being Kylie???

We went for somewhere in the middle with our son Arlo. It is by no means a common name but it is an old English and italian name (variant of charles) which is what we wanted due to family reasons. Middle name John after both our dads.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

My first child was born yesterday. Named him Jenson Lewis. I picked the first name, wanted something different and I'm a big f1 fan so picked Jenson. Preferred Sebastian (unrelated to the german bugger). But we agreed on it, she picked Lewis as she liked it.

Archived