BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] the heavy metal rock thread.

Let's keep the good music away from the rubbish in the music thread!

just getting into the black stone cherries..I know in 6 years late.But what a bloody good band.Think I need to see em live now.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

just getting into the black stone cherries..I know in 6 years late.But what a bloody good band.Think I need to see em live now.

I saw them in thier first london show. They were awesome then and are awesome now. I can't recommemd their live show highly enough.

Another band I can recommend is Rival Sons.

http://www.rivalsons.com/

I do like early Queen and the 2011 remasters are very good. I'm picking up the vinyl editions as I see them, got Shear Heart Attack the other day and it's so much better than the original release. One album that seems to never get a mention is 'Truth' by Jeff Beck which features amongst others Rod Stewart and Ronnie Wood. Truth is probably the first true heavy metal albums and you can hear so many riffs that are used by countless bands ever since, recommended. There are so many to choose from though!

I saw them in thier first london show. They were awesome then and are awesome now. I can't recommemd their live show highly enough.

Another band I can recommend is Rival Sons.

http://www.rivalsons.com/

would they have played on the roadstar/the answer gig at thecacadamy about 4 years ago? Just had a feeling they may have filled in for someone ? Not sure tho.

I'd loved to have seen queen or led zep or skynard when all where in their pomp.

I saw Skynard, well the remaining ones and the new additions last year. Still a fantastic show.

I would have loved to see Queen live, Mercury was such a showman. Pink Floyd to me would be my ultimate wish though. My father in law saw them live and still hasn't come down from the acid trip.

I met Kidd Rock a while ago, he came aboard the USS Ross for a tour and I had to show him the engine room. Couldn't believe how nice a guy he was. He signed our SCU and swapped hats with the Captain, the captain looked very odd in that Pimp hat. I believe he then wore that hat in a music video.

Saw Queen at roundhey park in leeds in 86. Freddie in full flow, best gig ever second only to the tribute with metallica, g&r, bowie etc

You lucky lucky man.

Was that not the Magic tour, and the Wembly concert where they had those large inflatable ladies from the Kind of Magic music video?

Yes it is and I'm pretty sure they didn't play at anywhere in Leeds. Seem to remember St James Park, Wembley & Maine Road before doing Knebworth at the end of the tour.

Love Black Stone Cherry!

I'd give quite a few internal organs to go back in time to see Zeppelin at their peak. Best band ever as far as I'm concerned.

Archived