BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] the heavy metal rock thread.

Got Iron Maiden at the MEN in few weeks time. Seen them 5 times before, but 23yrs since my last outing to see them :tu:

Saw Diamond Dave Lee Roth at the gmex years back. I managed to get a good spot leaning against a barrier just infront of the mixing/lighting desk. During an instrumental bit of the show, i looked round & Dave was stood right behind me watching the show. I got to shake his hand before the rest of the crowd turned & half crushed me to death! He performed 'Jump' from a mini stage behind the mixing desk & i was front row for it.

I also saw Magnum shopping in tesco in Blackburn :lol:

ROCK N ROLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

....anybody remember Girlschool? :huh:

We supported them in Manchester a good few years ago. Nice girls, although the rope had set in :unsure:

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Girlschool..Only Please dont touch with Lemmy...In my day,Peepers was the place to go for a head bang in Blackburn.Lots of girls went there too .The records from there still live with me today.Not many rock venues around nowadays esp in Blackburn but The Witchwood (Ashton)and Mose Gate(Bolton) are still going strong

Let's keep the good music away from the rubbish in the music thread!

just getting into the black stone cherries..I know in 6 years late.But what a bloody good band.Think I need to see em live now.

Seen em twice. Once supporting Def Leppard and at Download last month. Get yerself some tickets for the co headlining tour with Alter Bridge in November..

I saw the Floyd in Manchester in 1988, alas it was the Waters-less version, but even so it was an incredible concert. I recall there was pink smoke rising from the stadium (Maine Rd) as we approached the ground beforehand, the flying pig above the crowd, surround sound, and a fantastic light show. It was awesome, in the true sense of the word.

Last week I paid throught he nose to see Waters' The Wall show at the MEN, and it too left me utterly astounded, another concert I could only describe as awesome.

But a time machine trip back to the heady days of the early 70s is something I'd really want to do - rock music was really at its peak then.

Anyone who likes Metallica should check out Volbeat, a Danish metal band. Saw them at a festival in Luxembourg a couple weekends back and they blew me away - by far the highlight of the day.

On Friday Iron Maiden played at Ullevi here in Gothenburg. On Sunday it was Slayer, Anthrax, Megadeth and Metallica. Odd to have two huge acts like that here almost at the same time when there's no festival or other real reason for it. Coldplay and Glasvegas were here last week as well, although they're obviously not heavy metal ;)

Anyone who likes Metallica should check out Volbeat, a Danish metal band. Saw them at a festival in Luxembourg a couple weekends back and they blew me away - by far the highlight of the day.

I'll see your Volbeat, and raise you with Headcat. Its Lemmys side project.

Currently looking forward to hearing this band's upcoming debut album consisting of Dream Theater's ex-drummer Mike Portnoy and Symphony X's Russell Allen (one of my favourite drummers and singers respectively). The rest of the band is excellent as well.

This one's a cover of Sabbath's Mob Rules, originally written and sung by Dio, who has and always will be my favourite singer and was my idol as I was growing up. It was fantastic to see this, as I reckon it's an excellent cover.

Just got my Rammstein ticket for March :) Seen them once before and they were ace, glad I wasn't near the front though too much fire for my liking!!

Have to say whilst their music sounds pretty badass being pumped out of an M1A2, their concert involving the fake penis and tons of liquid threw me off a little.

Welders mask and three layers of clothing are required.

Another bloody good guitarist gone wurzel burston RIP!

Sad day. Miker calls it right - along with the immortal Killed By Death, Steal Your Face, Snaggletooth, Locomotive and Under the Knife. Happy days. RIP Wurz.

Saw Judas Priest at Manchester Apollo on Saturday night - fantastic. Had never seen them live before and wasn't sure it would be any good, but happy to be corrected - was a great show.

On that note, may have two spare tickets for Iron Maiden at the MEN next Thursday night. Anyone interested, drop me a pm.

Archived