BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Goals goals goals

Just a little topic here addressing probably the most pressing question of who the hell is going to score the goals that keep Rovers up. At the end of the transfer windown the consensus was that we have very good attacking midfield options but a poor selection of strikers. So I thought we could play a little prediction game seeing who we think will score the goals for Rovers this season. I'll try and work out a method by which we can compare who has the best target at the end of the season.

For the game - if I figure it out - we're only talking about PREM goals. Cup goals depend too much on how far we get/how lucky we are with draws etc.

For comparison here are the last three year's scorers lists:-

2010/2011 - 46 Prem Goals

David Hoilett 5 Mame Diouf 3 Nikola Kalinic 5 Jason Roberts 5 Christopher Samba 4 Brett Emerton 4 Morten Gamst Pedersen 4 Ryan Nelsen 3 Benjani Mwaruwari 3 Martin Olsson 2 David Dunn 2 Gael Givet 1 Steven Nzonzi 1

2009/2010 - 41 Prem Goals

David Dunn 9 Nikola Kalinic 2 Jason Roberts 5 Morten Gamst Pedersen 3 Christopher Samba 4 Benni McCarthy 1 Ryan Nelsen 4 El-Hadji Diouf 3 Gael Givet 2 Martin Olsson 1 Steven Nzonzi 2 Pascal Chimbonda 1 Keith Andrews 1 Franco Di Santo 1

2008/2009 - 40 Prem Goals

Benni McCarthy 10 Jason Roberts 7 Roque Santa Cruz 4 Matt Derbyshire 2 Keith Andrews 4 Stephen Warnock 3 Christopher Samba 2 Brett Emerton 1 Andre Ooijer 2 David Dunn 1 El-Hadji Diouf 1 Ryan Nelsen 1 Tugay Kerimoglu 1 Morten Gamst Pedersen 1

Just post below. Also will give an insight into who the supporters are excited about in the attacking department. As it stands Pedersen and Formica have scored one each in the prem (Rochina has scored two cup goals and Goodwillie one cup goal but these don't count for the game).

Hoilett 7

Goodwillie 5

Yakubu 5

Formica 5

Vukcevic 4

Rochina 3

Samba 3

Roberts 3

Nzonzi 2

Petrovic2

Pedersen 2

Dann 2

Olsson 2

Dunn 1

Hmmm. This gives us a total of 46 goals. A tad optimistic?! Providing we defended well that should be enough to keep us up.

ps - I have realised that if we make major January singings this completely screws the game up. Bah! But its still interesting to see the totals that people come up with.

well we dont, nobody thinks we dont, we all know it. That was why it was imperitive to address that problem in the window. We didnt do that and now we are wondering who is capable of putting them away, none of our strikers are capable in my opinion and do we have anyone in midifeld who can provide enough goals? i dont think so. Dunn would have been the prime candidate but with his injury problems, you have to wonder if he will play enough games. Just hope our defence is strong enough because that will be our only saving grace.

Shows the difference between Kean and Allardyce.

One defends and tries to win 1-0. One tries to attack and win 3-0.

I predict...

Goodwillie - 8

Roberts - 7

Yakubu - 5

Pedersen - 3

Samba - 5

Dunn - 4 (all pen)

Formica - 4

Rochina - 4

Olsson - 2

Dann - 2

Total 44.

I think it is very likely that Nzonzi, Petrovic and Vukcevic will chip in with at least 5 goals between them if the likes of Pedersen/Dunn do not perform.

We need to defend well though, it doesn't matter if we score 100 if we lose 6-5 every week.

Total: 44

Hoilett 11

Goodwillie 10

Yakubu 8

Formica 7

Vukcevic 4

Rochina 7

Samba 4

Roberts 3

Nzonzi 2

Petrovic2

Pedersen 2

Dann 2

Olsson 2

Dunn 2

Nelson 1

Givet 1

67 goals

Looks pretty good to me

I think Holiett is the key this season and think he will be used mainly up front or just behing the main striker

Play him in the hole or upfront and I can see Junior hitting 10 - the boy is special and if we can use him to the best of his ability then he is a MAJOR threat.

Goodwillie is capable of 7-10, as is Yakubu. Roberts will be lucky to get 5 as normal. Id be hoping both Vukcevic & Formica can both put at least 5 away, and it wouldnt suprise me to see Formica to score many more than that.

Archived