BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] £42,107.060

Tidy sum but could have been a whole lot better or worse but the last game. :D

Where the money went, sportingintelligence.

For those who didn't keep last years.

Here

Circa 1m up allowing for the increased payments, those mid season changes really did cost the club a packet.

Quick edit, up not down as in tgm quote. :blush:

Tidy sum but could have been a whole lot better or worse but the last game. :D

Where the money went, sportingintelligence.

For those who didn't keep last years.

Here

Circa 1m down even allowing for the increased payments, those mid season changes really did cost the club a packet.

Well, Sunderland in 10th (where we could have easily finished without those mid season changes) picked up an extra £4m in merit payments.

God I hate Venky's.

What a stupid question.

I can understand your annoyance that we could've finished 10th.

Otherwise, as a supporter, the 4m is, imo, none of your concern, unless of course you have bona fide reason to believe that the 4m would have been reinvested into the club or used to reduce debt.

Interesting that we actually received MORE money for 10/11 than we did for 09/10, even allowing for finishing 5 places lower and being on the TV 3 times fewer as well.

Not really relevant though. As football is direct competition our revenue only means something when its compared to the clubs we're competing against. In 09-10 we made more than 11 clubs including Birmingham who finished above us (Sky musn't have minded "hoofball"), gaining an advantage over them for the following season. In 10-11 we made more than 5 clubs, falling behind everyone except Wigan, Wolves and the promoted clubs.

The Venksters "ROI" maybe?

Well then both of those scenarios would be big causes for concern then wouldn't they?

Either the club loses £4m through idiotic mismanagement that could have been spent reinvesting in the team/servicing debt, or the club lost £4m which would have been pocketed by the Raos anyway.

Surely any fan would be angry about either?

Well then both of those scenarios would be big causes for concern then wouldn't they?

Either the club loses £4m through idiotic mismanagement that could have been spent reinvesting in the team/servicing debt, or the club lost £4m which would have been pocketed by the Raos anyway.

Surely any fan would be angry about either?

Well, until I see big Bazza's bank statement rather than several speculations of the Venky's not having any money, then I'm not going to panic about the size of the McWallet.

Well, until I see big Bazza's bank statement rather than several speculations of the Venky's not having any money, then I'm not going to panic about the size of the McWallet.

Well, I'd say the fact we sold Phil Jones yet still had a sizeable negative net transfer spend this summer is proof that the Venky's transfer wallet isn't all that big.

Well, one of the considerations for which games Sky will cover in the first half of the season is the placings from last year. They say they base it partly on that, and so we often see a bit of an up-kick after a top ten finish.

The more popular teams are likely to be less bothered by this, but the bottom 12 or so are.

Archived