BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Budget Over the Past 10 Years

AndyC

Jack backed Roy Hodgson, he then backed Kidd, even when we got relegated. He had a right go at the players after Kidd (finally) went.

Even a hardnosed businessman like Jack made mistakes, football is an emotional business.

So imagine 2008 and Hughes getting 10 million to spend and not having to sell.

By 2009/2010 our biggest signing was Grella.

We have all known that if Blackburn were to become club winning things we needed investment.

I'm assuming that the difference between me and many others is I want to win things, I'd even take a risk to get there.

Right now finishing one season 10th and the next 9th is very appealing but when you are there is natural to want more.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So imagine 2008 and Hughes getting 10 million to spend and not having to sell.

By 2009/2010 our biggest signing was Grella.

We have all known that if Blackburn were to become club winning things we needed investment.

I'm assuming that the difference between me and many others is I want to win things, I'd even take a risk to get there.

Right now finishing one season 10th and the next 9th is very appealing but when you are there is natural to want more.

I want to win things, we all want to things. We used to win things. However, without BILLIONS you won't win league titles, domestic cups? Well we've been close these last few years.

But, as a club we were spending 90% of turnover on wages, yes NINETY PER CENT, the club couldn't take a bigger risk than that. If we go down with our wagebill we could very quickly end up in admininstration, is that not enough of a risk?

You seem to have little knowlege of how football finance works.

I want to win things, we all want to things. We used to win things. However, without BILLIONS you won't win league titles, domestic cups? Well we've been close these last few years.

But, as a club we were spending 90% of turnover on wages, yes NINETY PER CENT, the club couldn't take a bigger risk than that. If we go down with our wagebill we could very quickly end up in admininstration, is that not enough of a risk?

You seem to have little knowlege of how football finance works.

what you on about, you pointed out we were running on empty using up all our finance on wages.

Every club lives in risk, you acting like its just Blackburn.

But many clubs risk more to be more.

I was willing to risk a new investor.

At the end of the day, you are just happy being Joe Average and we probably would have become a yoyo club and you'd still be happy.

I would be willing to take a risk with a new investor if it meant we can start climbing the league and not have to sell star players and show ambition.

Sadly Kean is saying all this but is deluded.

We can only hang on a faint hope that Venkys get it right.

what you on about, you pointed out we were running on empty using up all our finance on wages.

Every club lives in risk, you acting like its just Blackburn.

But many clubs risk more to be more.

I was willing to risk a new investor.

At the end of the day, you are just happy being Joe Average and we probably would have become a yoyo club and you'd still be happy.

I would be willing to take a risk with a new investor if it meant we can start climbing the league and not have to sell star players and show ambition.

Sadly Kean is saying all this but is deluded.

We can only hang on a faint hope that Venkys get it right.

We ARE running on empty, it is no differnt now under Venky's. BRFC can pay good wages, we need a rich benfactor to provide transfer fees, if the Walker's had sold us to such a person, than fantastic, but they didn't!

I want nothing but the best for BRFC, but if the owners arent going to put the money in, there's nothing you or I and our ambitions can do about it!

Outside the Manchester clubs and Chelsea ALL clubs have to sell their players, it's not 1995 anymore chris.

Some anomalies. We have produced several £20m players. Duff, Bentley, RSC, Jones, though we only got half the £17m for Bentley. Other selling clubs would be where we are had they produced that talent.

Rovers have subsidised wages from these receipts rather than other transfers. We are about 10th in wages last time I looked.

My own personal view is we overpay poor players and stretch our wage budget and have been doing since Souey left. His policy was small squad, quality players, big wages. We now have a policy of big squad, even bigger wages and bad buys since Hughes left. RSC and Jones sold subsequently.

The important number missing is what each club has spent gross.

Interesting stuff.

Venky's get slated for not reinvesting the Phil Jones money, but are probably sitting on around £9m - £10m net.

Two previous years, Rovers didn't reinvest £33.6m of sales. Hmm, wasn't the amount the Trust were asking a few years back about £25m more than they eventually sold the club for? So they end up with more money by lack of investment.

Maybe Vinjay was right all along!!!

EDIT: it is also worth noting the date on the article... well before the window shut.

Can categorically assure you that you are completely wrong in your supposition.

Totally disagree.

You need to get real.

And I totally disagree with your initial comment that Rovers do not deserve to be in the Premier League.

Yes we all want the best and further investment - but that is a different matter.

Only one person here needs to get real and your continuous posts since show this and throw your original post out the window.

Just because Rovers have not spent/wasted invested millions doesn't mean they don't deserve premier league status... bizarre :blink: and you are beginning to sound just like those who are all starry eyed by the P/L razzmatazz and the media who clearly don't want the likes of us /notlob/ Fulham/ Wolves in it.

And I totally disagree with your initial comment that Rovers do not deserve to be in the Premier League.

Yes we all want the best and further investment - but that is a different matter.

Only one person here needs to get real and your continuous posts since show this and throw your original post out the window.

Just because Rovers have not spent/wasted invested millions doesn't mean they don't deserve premier league status... bizarre :blink: and you are beginning to sound just like those who are all starry eyed by the P/L razzmatazz and the media who clearly don't want the likes of us /notlob/ Fulham/ Wolves in it.

To be honest don't know what you going on about and I don't really care either.

You win, well done, be happy, thank you and good night.

Archived