BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Spooks

I have watched every series and I am gutted it will be ending!

I imagine either Harry or Ruth will be killed off, but it may leave it open to a "spin off", which hopefully will be better than the Body Farm (spin off Waking the Dead) has been.

I really dont care.

The series has been on a rapid downward slope since the series that Ros came into it(Although this series has been a bit better)

The plots were daft, the special effects were awful(that building explosion where Ros died was so cheap looking) and the characters so thin they might have well not been there.

The only saving grace is the interplay between Harry, Ruth and the Home Secretary.

As for how it ends, Ruth having to choose between saving Harry's life or saving the country from disaster, or vica versa?

It used to be great. But with all the killing off of main stars and cuts affecting quality, it has gone a bit crap.

But between this and Waking the Dead getting killed off is a shame. I really love these types of British shows. Even the last series of Silent Witness we had over here was ordinary.

I really dont care.

The series has been on a rapid downward slope since the series that Ros came into it(Although this series has been a bit better)

The plots were daft, the special effects were awful(that building explosion where Ros died was so cheap looking) and the characters so thin they might have well not been there.

The only saving grace is the interplay between Harry, Ruth and the Home Secretary.

As for how it ends, Ruth having to choose between saving Harry's life or saving the country from disaster, or vica versa?

I agree about the special effects but that hasnt been helped by the fact Kudos had there budget halved for the last 2 series

I have a feeling that the russians are playing Harry and are setting him up to Kill Coaver

Still think it is a decent show. Not as good as it was, but entertaining and a good way to get through an hour. Shows where main characters are regularly killed off always struggle a bit in the long-run, it is very difficult to consistently come up with the same quality of character and find the same quality of actor. All-in-all it's been a very good show and a shame to see it end.

I love it! :D

Mind you, I only found it in about Series 6, when I was in Oz and friends [Rovers' fans, of course!] introduced me to it on ABC out there. I accept everything everyone else is saying about how it's not what it used to be, but I still enjoy it.

Guess I'm only really watching the last few episodes to see what happens to Harry & Ruth [which I guess makes the point that it's only a high-class soap these days]. Odds against a happy ending there, I guess. Have to say Simon Russell Beale's brilliant as the Home Secretary.

Going off-topic; but what about "The Killing", though? Why did the Beeb keep scheduling 2 episodes consecutively? As I kept falling asleep during the second episode week after week, that Box Set's going to be my Xmas present to me!! :D

I agree about the special effects but that hasnt been helped by the fact Kudos had there budget halved for the last 2 series

I have a feeling that the russians are playing Harry and are setting him up to Kill Coaver

Looks like you were spot on here Pancini.

I think this series is really good, but the series between Adam Carter and the truth that comes out about Lucas past were poor.

I only started watching spooks from series 3 onwards till now.

Archived