BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] How many games would u be willing to lose for kean to be sacked?

riggers77

I read it this way:

Walkers (never forget it) employed Kentaro to look for new owners. They found Venkys and convinced them that, at 43M Rovers were a great buy. After all, the assets are obvious-------valuable players (Kean keeps stressing this as a sign of success), the best crop of future valuable players in years, a ground that needs nothing doing to it, thanks to Jack,---saving 500M cf Everton, state of the art facilities at Brockhall, and ,above all, a guaranteed 50+M every year from the Premier League. I think its notable that the only time Venkys have got off their arse and done anything is when Jones was sold to United for too small a sum. We assumed they were fighting for the club but it was really about their own take, I'm quite convinced of that.

Kentaro introduced them to one of their clients, Steve Kean, who convinced them that, with Kentaro's help, he could build a squad of younger payers who could be bought for very little. He would train them and keep them in the Premier League, while they endlessly got big fees for players sold and Kentaro advised on new ones. Since none of the family knew anything about running any football club, let alone an English Premier League one, this would be of great appeal. Kentaro would benefit from the agency fees and Kean would be rewarded for "developing' them (as he has been).

The final icing on the cake------Venkys would automatically get massive exposure for their brand at a time when they were seeking to expand their business into Europe. Oh and Balaji got something to play with.

That's the plan. It couldn't be carried out with existing senior staff so they had to go, as had the auditors. Nothing to do with football success.

The fallacy in the scheme is that Kentaros would have to identify the right players----(they haven't) and Kean would have to keep us in the Premiership for the scheme to work for any period of time (he won't), and a decent admin structure would be needed to run the ship (there isn't one).

So, from the beginning the Raos were different from other would-be owners in that they wanted to own a football club without football being relevant to their aims except in a very indirect way. Explains why they are never here and never bothered to set up a management structure to replace the one they dismantled. A waste of money from their point of view and could threaten the way they wanted to benefit.

So its all going wrong now points-wise but there is no corrective action from the owners because there is no Plan B. If (when?) we are relegated Venkys will simply weigh up the financial implications--their lives will not be changed dramatically like our's will be, if at all.

They would get 30M (easily) from the sale of players, a significant sum for Brockhall and some sort of fee for a Championshp club with a great ground and a wonderful history from somebody. And we will never hear from them again. Kean will be paid off according to his new contract and Kentaro's will benefit from the sale of players.

Only BRFC and the fans will be left with nothing.

I stress that this is only my opinion. If true, Venkys have no connection to the club other than what they can gouge out of it, have no long-term interest in us despite their often-expressed views to the contrary and cannot be swayed other than by fear of financial loss.We simply do not count.

(I know nothing about Glasgow gangsters money laundering by the way and someone would have to work hard to convince me on that one. I'm open to suggestions though!)

Good post and believable.

It is unfortunate that the Walkers used Kentaro as Kentaro had an already existing friendly relationship with the Raos.

To quote from January 2011 : So why did the family buy a football club? And why Blackburn? Mrs Desai takes up the story. ‘It was Balaji,’ she says. ‘He’s really crazy about football and he started looking about a year ago, initially for a regional Pune club, though it was clear they were only small. ’We have friends at Kentaro, the sports agency, and they suggested we looked in England.’

JA must have thought he discovered Captain Kidd's lost treasure map.

Will the Raos sell Rovers?, to quote Venky Rao from January 2011: ‘You have to be allowed to think freely and act freely in this world,’ he says. ‘We will try to become one of the best clubs. That doesn’t mean we promise to finish top four but why would we set an aim to finish 15th to 20th? That only demoralises yourself. We should think big, aim high. ‘One thing is sure. If we go into this with the intention of getting publicity as a motivation, it’s going to fail. If I buy as the first Indian and fail, that is a huge embarrassment. We’re not at Blackburn for profit or publicity, we’re at Blackburn because we’ll enjoy it, and to create a legacy.’

Rovers were unfortunately in the wrong place at the wrong time and have been taken to the cleaners.

Above quotes from:

Venkys Rovers

Will the Raos sell Rovers?, to quote Venky Rao from January 2011: ‘You have to be allowed to think freely and act freely in this world,’ he says. ‘We will try to become one of the best clubs. That doesn’t mean we promise to finish top four but why would we set an aim to finish 15th to 20th? That only demoralises yourself. We should think big, aim high. ‘One thing is sure. If we go into this with the intention of getting publicity as a motivation, it’s going to fail. If I buy as the first Indian and fail, that is a huge embarrassment. We’re not at Blackburn for profit or publicity, we’re at Blackburn because we’ll enjoy it, and to create a legacy.’

I think the Rs should prepare themselves to be hugely embarrassed.

The only legacy they are creating in football is one of failure.

I think my son summed up my feelings perfectly when we we watching the Wigan game - "Dad, you don't celebrate Rovers goals like you used to." He doesn't fully understand whats going on but he knows Kean needs to go.

He still cheers when we score and that's someone not letting the politics of football cloud his judgment. Some days l wish l was the same, ignorant to the long term effects and not let whats going on spoil what is supposed to be entertainment.

to be honest I don't care if we win or lose anymore, Kean has destoyyed this club for me, I don't enjoy anything, even he we score I know the first thing I think is whats that prat doing.

no point in losing anyway because it doesn't make a difference as said above.

It's not the same supporting Blackburn.

Why can;t Andy Cryer investigate what percentage of fans actually hate Kean, what does he want to do sit behind his desk.

Have you seen this? Its not Andy cryer but its a start...

www.shouldkeango.com

And in answer to the thread starter, I want and wish Rovers to lose, lose lose and badly as I still hold the belief that even Venkys could not see current form sustainable.

you will get abuse for saying that, to be honest, I think we are doomed now, and I think Kean will be our manager in the championship because he has the ability to live in his owe reality.

If Glen Mullan fights for thr truth, Kean still has a platform to make the lie bigger.

you will get abuse for saying that, to be honest, I think we are doomed now, and I think Kean will be our manager in the championship because he has the ability to live in his owe reality.

If Glen Mullan fights for thr truth, Kean still has a platform to make the lie bigger.

If I get abuse then the proactive mods on here should recognise that and ban those aiming abuse at me. Not that I care you understand.

I am willing to go through short term pain to get long term gain. I still refuse to beleive that Venkys will let this clown ruin their investment and take us down. Its a win win for me. If we lose game after game and he gets sacked - great. If we go on a roll of great results - great.

I will only dispair if we lose and they continue to back him beyond Christmas.

As far as I am concerned we need a minimum of 9 points from our next 4 league games to avoid being effectively relegated by the end of 2011. Bolton, West Brom and Swansea at home are all must win games and we could do with a point at Sunderland.

Now I am not daft enough to believe that we have any chance whatsoever of winning 3 of these 4. From our performances over the last 12 months I'd be surprised if we won one of them. Unless we are on 20 points or thereabouts by the new year we are going to be relegated. It's no use talking about making signings in January because unless you are going to be spending £20-£30 million and mind-blowing wages no player of any decent standard is going to join a club in chaos at the bottom of the league.

So it's either 9 points before Xmas or we might aswell start making preparations for tuesday nights in Barnsley and Peterborough. If Venky's had any sense they would start putting a 'Plan B' in place for what happens when we get relegated, as John Williams did 3 years ago. I somehow doubt that they will have the sense to do this, meaning the implications of relegation will be more severe because we will have failed to prepare for them adequately.

Also notice it is interesting that bookies have stopped taking bets on Steve Bruce to be sacked at Sunderland. Not a lot wrong at Sunderland FC - money to spend, stable boardroom, run by a man who loves the club, and yet as soon as supporters turn after a poor start to the season he will get axed. Compare to the 12 months of complete chaos at BRFC from the boardroom down to the team and the repeated protests from supporters and still Kean is in a job.

Yep he really is UNSACKABLE. Quite how this nonentity who used to do the brew round for Allardyce and McDonald has engineered such authority at a Premier League club should be investigated by the League. Nobody can say he has been employed on the basis of his coaching ability and nobody can say he has done anything good for BRFC (other than raise a substantial amount of cash for the owners without complaint). When you compare the speed with which they sacked Allardyce to the amount of time they have afforded Kean, even at the expense of their own reputation and investment, it starts to make the conspiracy theories look alarmingly accurate.

Maybe Venky's are the puppets and Kean is the puppetmaster?

Quite right jeh, I'm also at a loss to explain why one or two of the media aren't apparently interested in behind-the-scenes goings on.

On a related note (and apologies if this is in another thread that I haven't read yet), I had 5 live on about an hour ago and fairly briefly discussed were the situations at Sunderland and Rovers. Dennis Tueart talked about Sunderland and how once the fans had turned on a boss, there was rarely any way back. He was also keen to stress how at Man City (he's worked there for years), to avoid this type of situation they made an effort as a club to make sure club officials went to supporters' groups to explain what the club were doing when the club were on the slide down to Div 2 (as was then). The consequence was that whilst fans weren't overjoyed, they could see what was going on and they continued to respect and get behind the club. We know what happened.

Next up they spoke to Gally about Rovers. In some sort of fairness, he mentioned 6 wins in 30-odd and how fans had a right to be upset, but he seemed content that Kean should still be backed and is being by the owners.

Compare and contrast.

Archived