BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Full Back

McRovers

All I see is people rattling on about our strike force when we've had no trouble scoring goals this season, but we've been leaking them like no tomorrow and the problem lies with our full backs.

Recently we've played Lowe and Henley. I like Lowe and Henley and I think in time to come they can be decent players but relying on a pair with no experience whatsoever when you're 20th in the league?

That said i'd say that even our starting fullbacks are weak though. Salgado was brilliant last season but you can really see age catching up on him now. I think Givets a more natural centre back, and when hes played in the centre he is consistently good whereas his positioning at left back is occasionally questionable. Olsson is a half decent left back but hes a far better left midfielder and when we play him at left back we sacrifice his speed and creativity going forward. So what I really really want this January, even more than a zig-a-zig ah, is one really good double sided full back or a pair of decent ones.

AJW - Good point, but its surely quite likely that Hoilett will be off?

We need a right back - Gunter or Clynne would be good, both young and both highly rated.

A central midfielder of the Joey Barton type mould

A striker partner for Yak

And personally if we can get say £8m for NZonzi (rumoured Spartak interest) - id sell him and replace him with someone like Huddlestone

i think its very likely Hoillet will be off and Pedersen apart i dont think any of our other widemen Rochina or Vuckevic are very good defensively so maybe we'll need 2 new wingers :wacko:

i think its very likely Hoillet will be off and Pedersen apart i dont think any of our other widemen Rochina or Vuckevic are very good defensively so maybe we'll need 2 new wingers :wacko:

Depends what we do. Olsson at left back allows us to play an attacking left winger, aslong as he stays back. Given his pace, it shouldnt be an issue for him.

Clyne is also quick so again would be good at right back

Archived