BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] iPad

Found out something terrible today! All my iMessages have not only been coming to my iPhone and iPad but they have also been going to all 4 iPads at school which were at the heads house all Xmas! This means he has accessed all my messages all holiday! He seems to think he has deleted them all and denies reading them but I want to make sure that they aren't still syncing with my phone and iPad. Is there anyway to do it from my phone or iPad not using the school ones? I'm mortified that he could have read the messages I sent all Xmas!

I had to download apps on each iPad for work do downloaded them on to each iPad using my email address, yes! But then I logged out of iTunes on each iPad so I don't know why it has happened... Help!!!!

I had to download apps on each iPad for work do downloaded them on to each iPad using my email address, yes! But then I logged out of iTunes on each iPad so I don't know why it has happened... Help!!!!

I guess you must have left email accounts logged in on each iPad. The only thing I can think to do would be to change the email address logged in to the iPad you actually use yourself, then I would guess all future iMessages would only go to that.

I'm not sure what you have done here Hannah.

From the sounds of it, you used your iTunes details to download apps onto the iPad but that doesn't explain why your E-mail would be on each device? Are you signed up to the Cloud? That may have resulted in all the other iPads syncing with your mail but it is still odd. I would just go into the settings tab on the iPads and manually delete the mail account out from there.

I had a similar situation because I have an IPhone and an IPad.

Both were registered under the same email address (apple id) so whenever I sent or received an IMessage they appeared on both devices (sent and received messages).

I didn't want my messages appearing on the IPad so I just disabled IMessages on the IPad and now they just appear on my IPhone now.

I am guessing I would need to use a separate apple id for my IPad and IPhone if I wanted to keep my IMessages separate.

Turning off iMessage on each iPad would be the easiest way, but I'm assuming Hannah can't access them? Even if she did someone could turn them back on again at a later date. I think you either need to log out of each iPad individually, or set up another account to send iMessages from on your own devices.

You would think that logging out of Itunes would work I have just tried this on my IPhone but I was still able to send IMessages.

What you need to do is go into message settings and then under the "Receive At" section there is an option to log out of the IMessage account.

I think T4E is right though, if you don't have access to the other devices I think you would have to create a new apple account for your own device.

You would think that logging out of Itunes would work I have just tried this on my IPhone but I was still able to send IMessages.

What you need to do is go into message settings and then under the "Receive At" section there is an option to log out of the IMessage account.

I think T4E is right though, if you don't have access to the other devices I think you would have to create a new apple account for your own device.

Yeah, I'd go along with that, just checked on my iPhone and my number and email are both listed.

Now on to more important matters - what did the messages say?!

If you look on the Apple website they sell this as a benefit to using iMessage.

Under Settings / Messages / Receive At you have the option to remove the email address to which the messages are delivered - I don't have an iPad so I presume that is how they get sent to the iPad?

To be sure you've stopped this I think you need to get into those iPads and remove the email address which it looks to me is automatically saved the first time you log in to iTunes.

Just switching of iMessage leaves you vulnerable to it being switched on again.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived