BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] What's eating Damien Duff

Torgeir

I thought he deliberately muted his celebration

Same here, not sure why this topic started on the back of that goal celebration.

We can't expect him to hold much feeling for us nine years after he left. You don't (or a least, hopefully you don't) stay in love with exes from relationships you had nine years ago.

We all moved on long ago, he doesn't owe us anything.

I thought it was a low-key celebration, done out of respect for Rovers, don't know what people are moaning about.

And also Duff was one of the best players we've had in the post-95 era, and a fans' favourite too, no need to give him any abuse.

Same here, not sure why this topic started on the back of that goal celebration.

We can't expect him to hold much feeling for us nine years after he left. You don't (or a least, hopefully you don't) stay in love with exes from relationships you had nine years ago.

I only saw his celebration and saw him padding the Fulham crest, at the club where he came through. Considering the fact that he did something similar only weeks into his Chelsea career I thought I'd start a topic. You're right though, he doesn't owe us anything and we were handsomely paid for his services - but a part of me always hoped he would come back. Still a tidy little player.

i dont but my ex's do with me :D

Impossible once they hit his minimum fee clause though, surely?

Not really, I doubt there was another clause starting he had to be sold once the minimum fee was agreed. The agreed fees normally just allow a player to begin talks, if said player doesn't want to talk then there is no deal to be made.

His house was in Hurst Green actually across from the Bailey Arms he moved there with his girlfriend after living in Whalley with his mate Mark Benson who was a right or left back for us at the same time. :)

I was in the pub when he had his 21st and they got a stripper in for him. :)

Quiet lad and his family were awesome, the guy loved the club and loved the fans and i think he was quite reserved in his celebration.

When he was a youth team player he stayed with a family in Old Langho. His parents became friendly with the family. They loved the Ribble Valley.

I'll have nothing bad said about Duff. He was brilliant for the Rovers and for Ireland.

To me, his transfer to Chelsea was the start of the misuse of his talents.

He would have done better moving to Italy or Spain, or better still staying at Ewood.

Agree entirely. Thought Duff stood out for Fulham - he'd certainly walk into our team. In fact any of Duff, Dempsey, Zamora or Dembele would.

Yet we beat a Fulham team that included Duff, Dempsey, Zamora and Dembele with just 10 men. And 3-1, no less. :P

Makes you grin when thinking about that, eh? :D

Archived