BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

JUDGEMENT DAY

ABBEY

We were also told that we would be asset stripping/ selling our best players, if we get through this window having kept our best player and having added a couple of players I would say that is a good window, as opposed to Bolton selling their prized asset and signing an unknown on loan and an average MLS defender!

:blink:

..Yes it would seem so

No mate, Venkys spoke alot about marquee signings and nobody believed them but the signings we are making now are a backward step and it's made us look joke again to other clubs - he's mentioned Johnson, Caceres, Sutter, Snodgrass and Granero.

Who do we get Ollson inferior and Bradley Orr who apparently was QPR's weakest link in the championship - Salgado would be better :wacko:

there you go kean stating the owners looking to bring big names in.

what about the granada interview hesfromburnley ,suppose i dreamt them saying they would spend whats it take as well.

Yes Looking isnt promising, we all knew at the time this was stupidly unrealistic and naive.

Venkys have been so naive its untrue. I think a new word is needed to descrive their level of naivity

We were also told that we would be asset stripping/ selling our best players, if we get through this window having kept our best player and having added a couple of players I would say that is a good window, as opposed to Bolton selling their prized asset and signing an unknown on loan and an average MLS defender!

why? a captain that doesnt want to play? another def stalwart looking like hes leaving like emo did? orr? a winger who wants away still? an argy that wants away?

wow so much positive vibes juicing thru ewood tommorow .

why? a captain that doesnt want to play? another def stalwart looking like hes leaving like emo did? orr? a winger who wants away still? an argy that wants away?

wow so much positive vibes juicing thru ewood tommorow .

Captain has been wanting away since before Venkys took over. We let Emo as he wanted to go back to Australia, they did that in view of his loyalty to the club. The Argie wants to stay but the club feel that they could cash in him.

It ain't Rosy Abbey but IF we dont sell our key players then the apparent bank problems have clearly been exaggerated and Venkys whilst not adding much to the squad are not selling prized assets which was a hallmark of the trust.

Jones had a clause inserted in his contract, they want top dollar for the players and have shown no inclination to waver from this even when our biggest asset has put in a transfer request and said he is not ready to play. If there are issues with the bank then it would be safe to assume that one of our biggest assets would be sold, we have time so may happen but if it doesn't then some of our ITK's have their wires mixed up.

That doesn't make sense if they wanted to line their pockets then surely selling Samba for anywhere near 10 million would be acceptable, sell Junior, Olsson, Nzonzi etc, they have done three windows now and aside from Jones have not.

That doesn't make sense if they wanted to line their pockets then surely selling Samba for anywhere near 10 million would be acceptable, sell Junior, Olsson, Nzonzi etc, they have done three windows now and aside from Jones have not.

I agree haha.

But I think you are fighting a losing battle.

Like talking to bricks

Fair point.

We still haven't signed anyone though. Net transfer spending is about evens I think?

IN

Formica 3.5m

Yakubu 2m

Rochina 2m (including agent fees)

Goodwillie 2.5m,

Petrovic 1m

Vukcevic 3.5m

Dann 7m

OUT

Jones 16m

Actually looking at that we might have actually spent more money than we have taken in since Venky's arrival?

Main issue is the promise of vast expenditure on Rovers at some points, interspersed with more modest statments of around 5m a window. Neither has happened and that's what ###### people off.

If Venky's had said they were going to keep Rovers as a trading club then that would have been a bit better. And not sacked Allardyce for Kean and dingied John Williams

I agree with the bloke above you might as well be talking to a brick wall. The situation at rovers I think isnt the best but i don't think it's as bad as people have made it out to be. Venkys have paid some money in this month. Having said that they are still awful owners and we still have the worst manager in the league. They don't communicate and most of their promises lack any substance. We are still a shambles and promising to sign players like Johnson and then only getting free players is a joke. Andrews and Roberts both bringing in fees. We just need Salgado and Grella out the door now.

Fair point.

We still haven't signed anyone though. Net transfer spending is about evens I think?

IN

Formica 3.5m

Yakubu 2m

Rochina 2m (including agent fees)

Goodwillie 2.5m,

Petrovic 1m

Vukcevic 3.5m

Dann 7m

OUT

Jones 16m

Actually looking at that we might have actually spent more money than we have taken in since Venky's arrival?

Main issue is the promise of vast expenditure on Rovers at some points, interspersed with more modest statments of around 5m a window. Neither has happened and that's what ###### people off.

If Venky's had said they were going to keep Rovers as a trading club then that would have been a bit better. And not sacked Allardyce for Kean and dingied John Williams

Don't forget Kalanic out.

Archived