BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

JUDGEMENT DAY

ABBEY

imy, how can this POSSIBLY be a good window? we have kept a very unhappy samba, who no doubt will not show the same level of commitment as he has in the past, we have replaced roberts with an equally mediocre striker and brought in a championship standard rightback, on top of that as hoillet will be looking for a big move in the summer, can you honestly see him wanting to take any chance injury wise from now until the summer?

imy, how can this POSSIBLY be a good window? we have kept a very unhappy samba, who no doubt will not show the same level of commitment as he has in the past, we have replaced roberts with an equally mediocre striker and brought in a championship standard rightback, on top of that as hoillet will be looking for a big move in the summer, can you honestly see him wanting to take any chance injury wise from now until the summer?

Because most of that is just your opinion. Modeste has been highley rated in the past, and we havent seen orr or olsson play yet.

And who is to say samba wont step up, he has done this moaning way before venkys and each time he has kicked up more and more of a fuss, I just see his 100% comment as his latest attempt to force a move, im sure like before he will step up and carry on.

Because most of that is just your opinion. Modeste has been highley rated in the past, and we havent seen orr or olsson play yet.

And who is to say samba wont step up, he has done this moaning way before venkys and each time he has kicked up more and more of a fuss, I just see his 100% comment as his latest attempt to force a move, im sure like before he will step up and carry on.

Nasty stutter you've got there.

:lol:

I Live about 2 mins from Ewood, My house is frequently used by friends for parking for the game as is the street at the bottom of my road.

I could only live Closer by Building a shed on the pitch

your the dingle thats lives on ewood then.

That doesn't make sense if they wanted to line their pockets then surely selling Samba for anywhere near 10 million would be acceptable, sell Junior, Olsson, Nzonzi etc, they have done three windows now and aside from Jones have not.

they wont sell because of very low offers and are greedy that they will wait til summer in the hope of an extra 3 or 4 million.

Fair point.

We still haven't signed anyone though. Net transfer spending is about evens I think?

IN

Formica 3.5m

Yakubu 2m

Rochina 2m (including agent fees)

Goodwillie 2.5m,

Petrovic 1m

Vukcevic 3.5m

Dann 7m

OUT

Jones 16m

Actually looking at that we might have actually spent more money than we have taken in since Venky's arrival?

Main issue is the promise of vast expenditure on Rovers at some points, interspersed with more modest statments of around 5m a window. Neither has happened and that's what ###### people off.

If Venky's had said they were going to keep Rovers as a trading club then that would have been a bit better. And not sacked Allardyce for Kean and dingied John Williams

Transfers fees for players OUT have been greater than just 'Jones 16m'. Venky's bragged that the fee for Jones was bumped up to 20m. So more like -

Jones 20

Kalanic 6

Fielding 0.4

Roberts ?

Andrews ?

Transfers fees for players OUT have been greater than just 'Jones 16m'. Venky's bragged that the fee for Jones was bumped up to 20m. So more like -

Jones 20

Kalanic 6

Fielding 0.4

Roberts ?

Andrews ?

The further 4m for Jones is dependent on appearences etc.

However as said before I forgot about Kalinc. With that taken into account it seems they have taken four or five million in transfer fees. But then I suppose this is balanced against the various loans we got, including J Jones and RSC both of whom we outlayed a lot of cash on.

The level of investment is not much different to the Walker Trust. The issue is

*Stupidly raising expectations and then not even attempting to meet them

*Buying the wrong sorts of players (buying Formica, Rochina and Vukcevic seems really really stupid now. One of them would have done)

*Jettisoning good management personnel for inexperienced ones

I think more than likely about the same amount of cash has come in as out in terms of aquisitions and losses.

Abs is right they should never have raised expectations without fulfilling them joey you state if venkys had stated that we were going to be a trading club they would never have got through the front door & it would not have been better because even JW stated at the time when venkys came in it was an opportunity to progress the club forward so right from the start they have lied repeatedly I wonder what BS business plan they presented to the owners and prem. Lge because as of today it is total lies. Also looking at this transfer window to strengthen the squad it would not have cost much 3M Pogrebnyak.5M Jelavic even the loan deals corluka,Frimpong etc would have made this team stronger & given us a better chance of staying up.

The further 4m for Jones is dependent on appearences etc.

However as said before I forgot about Kalinc. With that taken into account it seems they have taken four or five million in transfer fees. But then I suppose this is balanced against the various loans we got, including J Jones and RSC both of whom we outlayed a lot of cash on.

The level of investment is not much different to the Walker Trust. The issue is

*Stupidly raising expectations and then not even attempting to meet them

*Buying the wrong sorts of players (buying Formica, Rochina and Vukcevic seems really really stupid now. One of them would have done)

*Jettisoning good management personnel for inexperienced ones

I think more than likely about the same amount of cash has come in as out in terms of aquisitions and losses.

The issue is-----we've been bottom 3 virtually all season.

That doesn't make sense if they wanted to line their pockets then surely selling Samba for anywhere near 10 million would be acceptable, sell Junior, Olsson, Nzonzi etc, they have done three windows now and aside from Jones have not.

Where is the evidence that any club actually made any bids for the players.

QPR did bid upto 7m - why sell to a relegation rival when they think he is worth more - give mrs D some credit!!

Where is the evidence that any club actually made any bids for the players.

QPR did bid upto 7m - why sell to a relegation rival when they think he is worth more - give mrs D some credit!!

Give her credit?! What for ? Do you really think Mrs D knows anything about how to negotiate transfers in the Premier League? The only thing she can be credited with is destroying our club.

The issue is-----we've been bottom 3 virtually all season.

The issue for me is ..It was so obvious we were going to be in the bottom 3 all season ..I think Mercerman covered this after the Wolves game ..

We are signing championship players at best , and did so in the summer ..There is only one outcome in that scenario (especially with Kean in charge) ..

Venkys are letting BRFC down big style ..If they want Kean as manager , then for gods sake give him some tools to do the job ..

Buy him some Premier quality players ..But no , we ended with 2nd rate players with a third rate manager...

Archived