BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Chorley V Matlock Town..............

Just a reminder that Chorley are playing at home tomorrow, Saturday, 18th February, against Matlock Town.

Following several weeks without a game, the Magpies will be looking forward to getting back to winning ways, and gaining revenge over Matlock who hammered us 4-0 at the start of the season. I think we have come a long way since then and tomorrow should be a much more closely contested game.

The game kicks off at 3:00pm and, once again, Rovers season ticket holders will be admitted for only £5.00 on production of a current season ticket at the turnstile. Normal admission prices are Adults - £9.00, concessions (including children)£5.00.

Rovers supporters have added colour and atmosphere to recent games at Victory Park and I hope a few of you will come down tomorrow and help us achieve another 1,000+ attendance. Our financial situation is improving, but we still have quite a way to go before we can say, "The Magpies are saved!"

Thanks for any support you can offer us.

I'll be there... thoroughly enjoyed it last time.

Prices now only £4.00 then? Bargain!

Woooops!!!!

It seems that long since we had a home game, I've forgotten what the admission price is!!!

Adults £9.00, Concessions - senior citizens, children and Rovers' season ticket holders with a current season ticket £5.00.

I have a season ticket for Victory Park so I don't pay at the turnstile.

Original post now edited.

Woooops!!!!

It seems that long since we had a home game, I've forgotten what the admission price is!!!

Adults £9.00, Concessions - senior citizens, children and Rovers' season ticket holders with a current season ticket £5.00.k

I have a season ticket for Victory Park so I don't pay at the turnstile.

Original post now edited.

Can you explain why brfc season ticket holders can get in for almost half the price of someone who actually lives in chorley(your target market). Its too dear considering I will be taking my lads to leyland on monday to watch rovers v notlob reserves for a fiver for us all to get in?

£9.00 is too expensive.

Well they know those people have already spent £225 at another club, so will have a lot less money to spend on Chorley than the locals.

Correct! Having paid for one season ticket already, the offer is to encourage season ticket holders to come along to Victory Park when your team is playing away or without a game. We encourage Chorley locals to purchase a Chorley season ticket at the start of the season so that they can attend all league games for discounted admission.

Children can become members of the Junior Magpies for only £10.00 for the whole season and are admitted free of charge. The reason we have had to introduce a higher admission charge for children is that our league opponents charge more and therefore increase their revenue. If we are to compete with the likes of Chester, Northwich and Hednesford we need to match them in terms of income.

The rain has finally stopped and the clouds appear to be lifting!

The weather forecast is for brighter and sunnier this afternoon, with temperatures about 6 degrees Celsius.

Therefore, there are no doubts about this afternoon's game, given the super drainage at Victory Park.

Wear your blue and white, or your yellow and black, and enjoy an afternoon of local non-league football at its best!!!

Come on the Magpies!!!!!!!!!

Chorley won 1-0 if anyone's interested.

£9.00 is too expensive.

Maybe it is and I agree with you, but that is the going rate for that level of footy (I have paid more at some teams, I think £12 at FC Halifax). I'm pretty certain that Chorley will make less than £1 profit from that £9, probably not even that much. There's players to pay, floodlights to turn on, stewards to pay etc. It's quite sad, but that is how is.

Whenever Rovers fans complain about the prices at other clubs, I hope it makes them think about how lucky we have it. Prices like £9 for Chorley seem expensive compared to £12 (with a ST) for Rovers, but thats got a lot more to do with our phenomenal cheap prices than their expensive ones. We live in a little bubble of incredible value for money while the rest of the football world continues to get ripped off. Its the one thing Venkys (so far) haven't messed up.

Archived