BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Kidd in 99

I equate it to having a pub that you and your folks have visited for generations. One day it's taken over by new management. The landlord's a useless to$$er, the service has become cold and sterile, the beer leaves a nasty taste in your mouth, and menu's been cutback so much you'll be lucky to nab a packet of cheese n' onion. With all that, would you keep going? I sincerely doubt you would. It's not "your pub", it's just bricks and mortar that happen to have some good memories ascribed to it. It might look the same on the outside but the once welcoming, family-run establishment that you used to know and love is nowhere to be found.

Quite frankly, if you buy a season ticket next year, you have no right to complain about Venky's, Kean, Agnew or anyone else from the rogue's gallery that has ripped this club apart.

Even though I am still considering renewal - I completely agree with this post.

The hope is still that, by continuing to go, the next landlord/owners will come along before they level the pub and build a supermarket.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Of course I do, you can't hope for a successful football club without a team doing the business on the pitch.

My point was zac, it is the club I hold dear to my heart, not the players that happen to be wearing the shirt until they move on without a backward glance.

understood, Matty.

After Shearer's exit, I try not to get too attached to players - but it doesn't diminish the support I give them.

Its called supporting your team.....not the owners, not the players, or the manager - but the club from your local town that you have always supported, regardless of quality or what league we are in. Regardless of who owns us, or how they run us, its still my local team - the team that my Grandad took me to watch when I was about 6 or 7, the same team iv followed all over the country.

Thats why we dont support Man United, its not all about glory. Its got nothing to do with 'not having enough to do' - its because we feel as though we should never turn our back on the club.

It's called sticking by your husband, making it work - Domestic abuse victim

I'd admire your blind support, I really do. I'll always support and love Rovers. I don't have a choice, my tattoo just won't wash off.

However, unlike your good self Hughesy I can no longer walk the streets wearing blue and white face paint, I can no longer watch the club being torn apart and simply ignore it.

SUPPORT THE TEAM, BUY THE SHIRTS, BUY THE TICKETS, RAR RAR RAR! Surely you see the interesting question that is developing here. The question as to why? All of your points related to nostalgic reasons. You'll always have the memories and your family history will always be there. With that in mind, what impact does the past have on the future - very little in this case.

In love, everything has a breaking point:

Marriage

Pets

Even family....

All have their breaking points.

How far do you let it get? Do you have a breaking point?

We go down.....they invest nothing and keep Kean......STEVE KEAN'S BLUE AND WHITE ARMY

They change the name of the club......WALKING DOWN BOLTON ROAD TO SEE THE VENKYS ACES

They tear down the Walker Statue and put a big chicken there instead.....CHICK CHICK CHICK VENKYS....LAY A LITTLE EGG FOR ME.

The problem I have Hughesy is that I no longer see the Blackburn Rovers I have followed my entire life. I was always so proud to follow us. Everyone in football had a certain amount of respect for how professional we were and you always felt like we were well looked after, or at least would be kept out of serious trouble. I now go into matches and try and remain entirely ignorant of the fact that Kean is manager and that we are owned by presumably inbred chicken farmers. Each victory has a bitter undertone because I have to watch Steve Kean's round head crack egglike into a crooked smile. I hate not feeling the same about us.

I was going to write on Twitter that although I am an atheist...I'm still going to pray for a result on Saturday. In the past, I might have done. Not now though. Why would we want to put ourselves through this again next season? The club needs to rid itself of this disease and even if that means going to the brink of extinction, it needs to happen.

It's called sticking by your husband, making it work - Domestic abuse victim

The club needs to rid itself of this disease and even if that means going to the brink of extinction, it needs to happen.

There is no evidence, and quite a lot to the contrary, that how we are doing and Venky's willingness to sell are in any way correlated.

Imo, there is much more chance they will not care if we are about go into extinction than it will magically convince them to sell and equally magically find a buyer willing to board the sinking ship.

Extinction is extinction, no matter who is at the helm.

Even though I am still considering renewal - I completely agree with this post.

The hope is still that, by continuing to go, the next landlord/owners will come along before they level the pub and build a supermarket.

Excellent reposte to what was a pretty bloody good post in the first place

• 2 months later...

Like today, the 1999 relegation should not have happened and was down mainly to poor managerial choices by Jack Walker after the departure of Dalglish. Hodgson caused all sorts of rifts in the dressing room and Kidd was a disaster appointed by Jack to cock a snook at his hated Man United where Kidd was assistant manager. Kidd did however bring Jansen to the club, his one redeeming act.

This impending relegation feels more like 1966 than 1999, with the club in decline and disarray on and off the field. Rovers in fact almost won promotion straight back to the old first division the following year but were pipped at the post by Coventry, who then stayed in the top flight for 30 + years while Rovers declined further over the next 5 - 10 years hitting rock bottom in the lower reaches in the old third division. Don't be surprised if it happens again.

Yes I've said myself his hatred of United would have had something to do with it.

All his appointments had logic and none of them were condemned by fans at the time. Who would have thought Harford being such a good coach would take the club so low by the time he left? Hodgson snatched away from Internazionale and Kidd was linked to other clubs before he took power at Ewood. It was intended to hurt United AND be of immense benefit to Rovers. Best of both worlds as far as Jack was concerned.

I think it's great that you continue to want to post on a Rovers website, Vinjay, old son.

It proves you have Rovers in your blood. It's kind of endearing in a warped sort of way.

So don't be ashamed, stand proud of your glory hunting Man City peers, and shout those immortal epithets in a vociferous, lung-busting crescendo of glorious melancholy, and with tears in your blood-shot eyes:

# Rovers til I die #

Go on, you know you want to...

Quite frankly, if you buy a season ticket next year, you have no right to complain about Venky's, Kean, Agnew or anyone else from the rogue's gallery that has ripped this club apart.

Unless Glenn is successful with his dossier currently resting with the FA - how are you going to effect change at Rovers if you don't attend ?

You could argue that people that continue to attend have more right to complain than those that choose not to - as they are paying customers.

Archived