BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] happy st george's day

The question has been answered. St George is the patron saint of England, my country, and represents all that is good about England in the same way as the patron saints of Scotland, Wales and Ireland represent their countries. St George is a symbol and it does not matter where he comes from or that he is also the patron saint of other countries. Jeru the Judas has still not responded to queries about why he has a big chip on his shoulder about this country to the extent he has emigrated to the growing superpower of Tanzania.

You're right, I should be ashamed of myself. How dare I express an opinion that doesn't fall in line with the majority view? How dare I remember the crimes against humanity that made Britain great?

I should really have the decency to at least pretend Britain is the most marvellous country of the face of the Earth and wholeheartedly embrace St. George's Christian values the way you have. If only I could be so arrogant that I could sneer at a weak country that wasn't strong enough to commit war crimes around the globe for centuries. That's exactly what St. George's beloved Bible teaches, right? The noble virtues of intolerance and arrogance. :rolleyes:

Each time a conversation has degenerated into this same tiresome saga it has started with me explaining my point of view, only to be met with an irrational representation of the opposite stance. Then you've made assumptions about me and tried to prove that Britain is superior to Tanzania without taking into account the criteria I used to make my decision.

I have actually explained the problems I have with taking pride in English history and the (unconnected) reason why I decided to leave. The strange thing is that the same people who told me I should leave because my opinion was different to the majority then switched to telling me my opinion was irrelevant if I wasn't in Britain, and now despite the irrelevance of my opinion you seem to feel the need to respond to every view I've espoused in the past 2 months. Is it an ego thing or do you just have an erection for me?

Don't answer, I don't care, I'm out of this thread.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't answer, I don't care, I'm out of this thread.

I doubt you will be out of this thread because you cannot help yourself.

It has been explained to you many times that despite Britain's so-called "war crimes" this country has probably contributed far more to the world than any other nation.

As long as you keep running this country down you will get a response.

From what I understand of Jeru's decision to move, it has nothing to do with the main religion(and I dispite that Christianity is the majority religion now in the UK/Britian) of this country.

can you re write the bit in brackets please? The meaning is unclear.

Except if you look back far enough he's not our original patron saint. St Edmund's day - 20th November.

http://whitedragonflagofengland.com/englands-patron-saint.php

Bit of a poor do that Edmund. Instead of slaying Saladin the dragon or whatever he meekly told his Viking captors that God would surely protect him from their arrows. :rolleyes:

My house is actually in a majority Muslim area. You'll find that the Muslim areas (largely the mainland's northern coast as well as Zanzibar) have their own culture and Zanzibar is also semi-autonomous. As for any Christian influences in the legal system, the tenets of the Abrahamic faiths that make their way into law are much alike unless you live under absolute sharia.

Religion had nothing to do with the move, but people can be happy being part of a minority.

I think you are being naive in believing that religion will have nothing to do with it. If you are married your wife will be expected to cover up all exposed skin? Your kids will be brought up in Islamic schools with all the associated primitive indoctrination and brainwashing? They will not have a choice about celebrating Holy days cos adherence to them will be expected and demanded. Your children will be brought up with intransigently facist views regarding the role of women in society, homosexuallity, adultery, invalidity? And remember you will not be protected by British or even European law.

Pardon me asking but why on earth would you want to immerse and subject you and yours in that retrograde medieval bilge? It seems so at odds with your current liberal(ish) viewpoint?.

Jeru is one of those self hating Englishman.

'The Empire was evil, the people are all racist xenophonbes, St George wasn't even English'

Even BAE gets slagged off by him, bugger the jobs!

As England has a Christian heritage, it's national day is linked to a Saint, not a difficult concept.

Archived