BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

DJ Campbell

budha

Sky Sports sources understand Wigan and Blackburn have joined the race to sign QPR striker DJ Campbell.

The marksman, who will be 31 years old in November, has already been the subject of an enquiry from Watford.

QPR are prepared to let the former non-league striker go as he is now deemed surplus to requirements.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11676/7946275

mediocre player, campbell, never a championship striker in a millions years

Considering I've just seen you suggest Bellamy on another thread, I'd suggest your expectations are completely off.

DJ Campbell would be a very good signing, he would guarantee goals. He just wouldn't fill the gap left by Best because he's a very different kind of striker.

mediocre player, campbell, never a championship striker in a millions years

His 13 goals for Blackpool in the PL prove otherwise, along with scoring 11 in 18 games for them in the Championship. You really are a clown

Didn't Campbell score 13 goals for Blackpool in the Prem a couple of seasons ago? What's he like in the C'ship does anyone know? We do need to lower our expectations a bit though....not everyone obviously.

Suppose I could just do it myself although statistics never tell the whole story, but a striker's goal record is an important one I suppose.....2008/09 he scored 9 in 20 for Blackpool on loan......then 3 in 8 on loan for Derby the next season before 11 in 18 on loan for Blackpool later that same season......all of those were in the C'ship.

Very respectable....I have to say I was impressed when I saw him for Blackpool in the Prem although I can't remember him for QPR last season.

Archived