BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] All-in-One PC - suggestions

My brother has a Dell Inspiron.

I don't really like them but they seem to be good for browsing around and watching iplayer and that.

However it broke earlier on this year - hard drive was buggered - and it was a big faf to get it fixed. With a normal computer you can take it apart dead easily and swap it yourself, but we ended up getting the engineer out to fix it for us.

Just out of interest what is an All In One PC? As far as I can see every PC or laptop I've has does / did all the things in those links. I ask because I'm thinking about a new machine and wouldn't want to rule out something I haven't heard of.

However, if you might even possibly want to play games on it then dont bother. The graphics/soundcard packages are usually pretty naff and you cant upgrade anything like you can with a desktop.

I should have mentioned that, MS Office and Internet is more or less all we do with it.

Just out of interest what is an All In One PC? As far as I can see every PC or laptop I've has does / did all the things in those links. I ask because I'm thinking about a new machine and wouldn't want to rule out something I haven't heard of.

It's a PC with a big monitor, with all the gubbins built into the screen, including USB ports and DVD drive. The monitor is probably no thicker than 3 inches.

http://www.currys.co...381981-pdt.html

We bought this thing about 5 months ago. Does a job, big screen, nothing flash. Happy enough with it.

Spooky, I ended up buying this one before I'd checked back on the forum...should do the trick. My job doesn't require something with bells and whistles on - pain in the backside having to buy Microsoft Home & Business with it though.

If effect the tower is built into the screen/monitor, although unless you are buying a Mac you'd hardly notice...they also come with wireless keyboard and mouse and unlike a standard PC come wireless enabled. You can also get touch-screen ones as well if thats your thing...

Archived