BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Current situation

So last season we were all agreed, for the club to begin to turn things around, the following needed to be done:

1) Run the club from here or sell it.

Status: The owners appointed Shebby Singh, Derek Shaw and Paul Agnew. Whatever you feel about any of them they have overseen the following.

2) Kean needed to go.

3) Not to replace him with one of his staff, scaremongering stories such as 'I half expect them to replace him with Brunskill' were common place.

Status: We are about to officially unveil a manager who is well respected in the game, at the club and most importantly loves the club.

4) Pride needed to be restored.

Status: Partially sorted by the exit of Kean, the club sit 5th in the table despite the start and with a real chance of a promotion push. Berg must take on the mantle with the team now and instill a pride back into their performances.

HOWEVER the supporters are still staying away despite 'I'll return when Kean goes'. 'We don't want McKinlay, we want a MANAGER'. You have got one, Holloway may have been a success, he may also have been entertaining but ultimately flawed. Anyone who watched them get torn apart at home 3-0 live on sky recently or beaten 1-0 away at manager less Burnley may want to consider that. Many are also choosing to BOO our OWN players, tremendous work. Now is the time to prove the '100% Rovers bit of those t-shirts'.

5) New signings needed.

Status: Singh arrived, he decided Kean wasn't up to selecting transfers and so took control, (who is he to decide that?? Many said). The facts are we needed experience and proven quality. We got:

Danny Murphy,

Dickson Etuhu,

Jordan Rhodes,

Leon Best,

Colin Kazim-Richards

Nuno Gomes

Plus squad/future talents of:

Fabio Nunes,

Diogo Rosado,

Edinho,

Paolo Jorge,

Gregorz Sandamierski,

Henrique,

Didn't do too badly did he?

6) The majority of the squad needs to be retained:

Status: Robinson, Givet, Dann, Olsson, Pedersen, Rochina are all still here. Only the unavoidable sale of Yakubu and the decision to sell Nzonzi left of note.

All in all the supporters have much of what they wanted, Singh, for all his criticism has overseen it all. Many wouldn't have dared to imagine we could be 5th in the table, the signings we have, Kean COMPLETELY out of the club and a new manager in by the end of OCTOBER.

Let's stop the infighting. Let's stop harping on about the past, about what could have been. Let's begin to support our club once again.

Are we supposed to believe that on a planet full of managers Henning Berg is the best man for the job who is available and interested?(if Berg is announced today)

The club is STILL a laughing stock. 13k gates with not much chance of that rising given the sheer underwhelming nature of the managerial appointment and bang averageness of the squad

Shebby, Shaw and Agnew are incompetent idiots who are not fit to run a hotdog stall let alone a football club.

After a summer of many poor signings on £££££££££ wages our future now rests on other teams being crap and letting us sneak promotion through the play offs.

Oh Dear!

Are we supposed to believe that on a planet full of managers Henning Berg is the best man for the job who is available and interested?(if Berg is announced today)

The club is STILL a laughing stock. 13k gates with not much chance of that rising given the sheer underwhelming nature of the managerial appointment and bang averageness of the squad

Shebby, Shaw and Agnew are incompetent idiots who are not fit to run a hotdog stall let alone a football club.

After a summer of many poor signings on £££££££££ wages our future now rests on other teams being crap and letting us sneak promotion through the play offs.

Oh Dear!

Wow. Some people really do have a glass fully empty.

Oh Dear!

I wonder whose fault it is that the club's attendance is still at 13k, even though Kean has left......

Well, I do have to argue that our squad is not average. It's brimming with talent and potential, and despite playing badly, we're not 5th and 2 points off automatic promotion places by coincidence. And I also think Berg might prove to be an excellent appointment, but no guarantees.

It is the owners fault for sticking with Kean AND STILL STICKING WITH HIM (he resigned remember) that has driven people away. A few came back for a match, then saw that the team was just as bad as ever and coupled with the shambolic managerial hunt they have chosen to continue doing the vast array of more interesting things on matchdays.

in reponse to the glass empty comment some people are naive to think anything will ever change under clueless owners. And that's without mentioning the incompetent fools in positions way above their lot in life at ewood. ShebbySingh is a prime example of that. The man is a total tool

Nobodt expected that but I'm sure some were reminded exactly of how the players were not deserving of their support, as are the clubs administrators. I've been to two since Kean left and almost fell asleep in both

I'll go for 15k at the next home game. A slight spike

Nobodt expected that but I'm sure some were reminded exactly of how the players were not deserving of their support, as are the clubs administrators. I've been to two since Kean left and almost fell asleep in both

I'll go for 15k at the next home game. A slight spike

The players are not deserving of support?

Which ones, specifically?

We are about to officially unveil a manager who is well respected in the game, at the club and most importantly loves the club.

Probably more important that he's a good manager. One point from his last eight games at Lillestrom, according to Wikipedia.

Probably more important that he's a good manager. One point from his last eight games at Lillestrom, according to Wikipedia.

The context of that being he had won 6 of the previous 8 before the owners sold his top 2 scorers and their best midfielder without replacing them.

The context of that being he had won 6 of the previous 8 before the owners sold his top 2 scorers and their best midfielder without replacing them.

Sounds like a good man to have around in a crisis. Fortunately Blackburn's owners are far too canny to undermine their manager like that.

Archived