BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] PS3 - Games advice

Hi guys

I just managed to pick up a cheap 80GB PS3(fat one), and was wondering if you could give me advice on games to get. Besides Fifa and PES of course, i dont mind whether its 1st, 3rd person shooters, RPG etc.

As ive never played much PS3, i dont mind if its old games of years gone by, which i can maybe pick up for cheap to get into it.

Ta

The Dead Space, Batman and Assassin's Creed games are not to be missed. The Uncharted games are hugely impressive and exciting but the combat blows for the most part. The two Killzone games on PS3 are really good FPS.

All that being said, God of War 3 is utterly essential.

I was't keen on Dead Space myself, found it very repetitive. Uncharted had some good elements but I did struggle with how thick the Hollywood cheese was layered in the voice acting and story.

I'm not keen on games that rely heavily on gun combat. Personally I'd recommend Little Big Planet 1 & 2, LA Noire, Heavy Rain, Red Dead Redemption & Portal 2. Should be able to pick them all up dirt cheap now.

Archived