BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Dental Implants

Has anyone undertaken dental implant treatment ?

I am considering a dental implant due to the loss of a tooth and the fact that I dont consider a bridge/crown worthwhile.

I am seeking peoples views on the treatment and of course any recommendations.

thanks

I am considering a dental implant due to the loss of a tooth and the fact that I dont consider a bridge/crown worthwhile.

thanks

I would definitely recommend a crown. I've had one in for a number of years and has caused me no problems at all, and I presume it will be a lot cheaper than an implant too.

If you would like me to recommend you a dentist then PM me.

thanks

Why don't you consider a crown worthwhile? I have two and never have any trouble with them.

I've had four crowns but two have snapped off - one after about 12 years of useful service, the other after only a few months but I don't think this one had a sufficiently large base. The remaining two are long lasting, maybe 15 years old, and still OK as far as I know. At least if you have a crown you haven't burnt your bridges, if you know what I mean.

Thanks for the comments.

I have considered a crown but feel that as its a front tooth missing an implant may be the better option as they come with a lifetime guarantee nowadays. I have been told that crowns can often snap and cause damage to the other teeth they are linked to and as mine is a front upper tooth that is missing I dont want to run the risk of damaging the good tooth on either side.

I have a free consultation in Manchestger tomorrow and expect the quoted price to be around £1200-£1600.

Thanks again folks.

I have one on my upper front never heard of anyone having one snap. Loads of lads at Rugby have had plenty of dental work and I've never heard anything like that but I know a few have had implants. Still, lifetime warranty (presuming yours not the implant) is good because I some point mine will need re-doing no doubt and that wont be cheap.

Thanks for the comments.

I have considered a crown but feel that as its a front tooth missing an implant may be the better option as they come with a lifetime guarantee nowadays. I have been told that crowns can often snap and cause damage to the other teeth they are linked to and as mine is a front upper tooth that is missing I dont want to run the risk of damaging the good tooth on either side.

I have a free consultation in Manchestger tomorrow and expect the quoted price to be around £1200-£1600.

Thanks again folks.

Try Roger Hughlock in Hough Lane, Leyland.

I doubt there is a better dentist in the North of England. He will be totally honest in his appraisal and will not focus on how much £££ he can take you for.

He does loads of footballers, ruby players etc.....he is far cheaper, and better, that what you will get in Manchester.

Mention my name.....

Archived