BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Another new feature - Rovers Blogs

Glenn

BRFCS offering blogging facilities is nothing new, we've been doing it for years, but the software was cumbersome and needed lots of maintenance by us. We were essentially giving everyone a complete website of their own. It was technically great, but it was beyond a lot of our users.

So, instead we've launched BRFCS blogs, an easy to use system built right into the forum software that any registered member can use and makes writing your own Rovers blog as easy as making a forum post.

We were actually ready to launch this a few weeks ago but it coincided with the Shebby / Action Group "Bloggers Evening" being announced and we didn't want it to look like a cynical attempt to steamroller that with BRFCS members, so we held back for a while.

To generate a blog just click "Your own Blog" on the blogs menu above or follow this link, then click "Create Blog" (top right).

You can get back to your own blog at any time by selecting the "Manage Blogs" option under the top right menu that bares your name (above the advert, left of "Sign Out").

To view other people's Rovers blogs, just select "More BRFCS Hosted Blogs" under the Blogs menu at the top. You see FernhurstRover has already started the ball rolling with a blog piece about ITKs and Internet Rumours. Once we get a few more people using it, we'll start to promote some of the best ones.

Any questions, ask away.

Do you mean "blog this" ? Normal users can't use that I think.

Or do you mean creating and posting to a blog. Andy managed without my help, so it should be ok.

Or maybe I've given mods less rights that everyone else :s

• Backroom
Do you mean "blog this" ? Normal users can't use that I think.Or do you mean creating and posting to a blog. Andy managed without my help, so it should be ok.Or maybe I've given mods less rights that everyone else :s

Weird if I click on best of BRFCS or similar from the blog section I just get a message saying I don't have permission

Genuine (if possibly naive) question: what is it hoped that blogs will provide that creating a new thread doesn't?

Multiple reasons. Mainly it's personal control. With a forum topic you are forced to allow replies, you can't control if somebody takes those replies off topic or which replies are visible etc. It's also a chance to show all your decent content in one place or perhaps talk about something you don't think would be right on the main forum. Topics are very much a "free for all" and can be hijacked, blogs give the control very much back to the original poster.

Blogs also tend to generate a lot of pride in what people put together, it's their little space on the internet.

Weird if I click on best of BRFCS or similar from the blog section I just get a message saying I don't have permission

Anyone else get that, or just Tom (or other mods) ?

Archived