BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

I've never noticed Lambert being particularly quick, maybe not as slow as Rhodes, but he's certainly not mobile. He's got skill, but Rhodes' hold up play isn't bad, and rarely gives it away when he's got full control. The point is that the goals he gets don't seem to be reliant on him being physical (apart from maybe the odd header) and more on him getting on the end of chances set up for him.

I agree about him having the skills which Sam likes, but he can't be the targetman (and he doesn't like playing 442 unless he has to, as we all know).

Becchio is a much better footballer than Rhodes.

He leads the front line, holds the ball up well with his back to goal, is aggressive, has pace, and he scores goals.

Rhodes is a goalscorer but outside the penalty area he might not even be on the pitch. He can't even run properly, It's why when he fails to score fans say he had a quiet game or didn't receive decent service. It's also why Rhodes would never be a success in the Premier League.

I think I agree with Jim, all around Becchio would be a better bet.
To be fair no one knows how much of an impact Best will have when he's back. I don't agree that he won't make a full recovery, these days a cruciate ligament injuries are well understood and as a result there shouldn't be an issue with his return. Having said that, he looked terrible for Newcastle! May be a decent Championship striker though.
I'm not saying he won't fully recover, I'm saying he MAY not. It's not all about what happens in your knee, a lot of it is what happens in your head. You can't rely on him having an impact this season.

Its all about scoring goals, Rhodes does that with ease.

Becchio does it with the same ease apparently, they both have 15 this year.

Also Becchio's all round game will resulted in goals for other players. Rhodes does absolutely nothing to contribute to the rest of the team's ability to score goals.

It's not enough to just hang around the penalty area waiting for team mates to set you up. Whenever Rhodes has a bad game (which is quite often) people just trot out the "lack of service" line. Good players make things happen.

I think Rhodes will eventually start contributing more because, on the odd occassions he does, he looks quite effective. I'm just worried that he's no more involved in games now than when he joined.

It's not enough to just hang around the penalty area waiting for team mates to set you up. Whenever Rhodes has a bad game (which is quite often) people just trot out the "lack of service" line. Good players make things happen.

Correct LeC. The same thing was said about Kalinic - and he's gone.

Archived