BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Freddy Adu

Philly13

I spent all of last year watching Adu. He is the most maddening player I've ever seen. He would take on four defenders and beat them all, and easily show he was the most talented player on the pitch, then he would just disappear. I don't get it. In so many ways it was a relief that the Union wanted to get rid of him. Now having him linked with Rovers, I don't even know.. There's like a 3% he'll rediscover his talent and be one of the best players on the team, but odds are he won't be very good. Anyway, thoughts?

* I meant to title this Freddy Adu, not Freddy.

In all fairness, the Philadelphia Union sucked ass. He created more for those low tactical awareness bums than anyone could in a lifetime. He was inconsistent but let's not act like Philly had the personnel either. I give respect to all team he's played for like Rize, Aris, Monaco, and Benfica but the Philly Union sucked ass.

I spent all of last year watching Adu. He is the most maddening player I've ever seen. He would take on four defenders and beat them all, and easily show he was the most talented player on the pitch, then he would just disappear. I don't get it. In so many ways it was a relief that the Union wanted to get rid of him. Now having him linked with Rovers, I don't even know.. There's like a 3% he'll rediscover his talent and be one of the best players on the team, but odds are he won't be very good. Anyway, thoughts?

* I meant to title this Freddy Adu, not Freddy.

Amended Title

• Backroom

Looking at the above video some of his balls into the box are immense. The players around him were just awful finishers, although with Jordan Rhodes in the box we could have a goalfest. It is MLS though...

Archived