BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] E-Cigarettes/PV-Yea OR Naa?

I just don't see it as an issue, as people using them are so few and far between(especially in public), I think to an extent they get some peoples backs up because they don't know what they are exactly and as is usually the case around here, peoples 1st reactions to new things is to be negative and cynical.

But yes those using them should be aware that there still not really appropriate things to be using in enclosed public spaces(mainly restaurants), though unless the vapour really is foul smelling I don't think theres anything wrong with them being used in the stands, theyre no more annoying(to me anyway) than people sat close by you fiddling about with flasks and other food&drink items Or having some loud mouth lurdo sat close to you shouting mindless inappropriate, senseless things out every 2 minutes.

again you clearly have no idea what you are talking about, in regards to this subject.

Its a shame that somebody that has the ability to write such well worded posts wastes that ability by having such a arrogant, self righteous, ignorant and bigoted online persona(though I'm sure your actually a real affable gent in person)

I am... but disregarding that go on and tell me why I have to drink a pint / eat a meal enveloped in an obnoxious sickly haze of putrefying strawberries?

I must say that few things are more pitiable than addicts putting up with public humiliation and condemnation in order to feed their hopeless addiction..... if I had any pity to spare that is.

I just don't see it as an issue, as people using them are so few and far between(especially in public), I think to an extent they get some peoples backs up because they don't know what they are exactly and as is usually the case around here, peoples 1st reactions to new things is to be negative and cynical.

I get the distinct impression that some are doing it inside premises simply to thumb their nose at the level of authority that had the temerity to make them stand outside public places for their nicotine fix.

Thanks for posting the links TJ, an interesting read

Interesting to see the tobacco companies getting in on the act, that could set the do gooders case back, as they (tobacco companies) are a very powerful lobby group and not adverse to paying "expenses" for "fact finding trips" for politicians.

As for them being banned in public in France, yeah right the French will do what the hell they want , like they do with every EU and government directive.

In some respects I understand the argument of them containing nicotine and possibly turning non smokers on to proper fags, thats the argument they use in Aus (real reason is they can't tax them) hence you can not legally sell the liquid's containing nicotine, but can sell the ones that don't.

As a smoker these e-cigs have almost (will be off totally in a couple of weeks) made me lay off the real fags but I couldn't have done it if I hadn't imported (which is legal to do here ) my own nicotine liquid to mix my own juices. Next step reducing the amount of nicotine in my juices.

I actually do enjoy vaping, so once i eventually get to zero nicotine don't know if i will stop doing it. Now if only somebody came up with a recipie that tasted like flamming hot monster munch would save a fortune on having to buy the real things imported :)

I actually do enjoy vaping, so once i eventually get to zero nicotine don't know if i will stop doing it. Now if only somebody came up with a recipie that tasted like flamming hot monster munch would save a fortune on having to buy the real things imported :)

I'm sure you do and I hope it helps you kick the habit but to the casual observer you look either very silly or simply pathetic. Bit like seeing adults sucking their thumbs.

I'm sure you do and I hope it helps you kick the habit but to the casual Nosy&ignorant observer you look either very silly or simply pathetic. Bit like seeing adults sucking their thumbs.

The casual observer being you of course,

You really are an arrogant, judgemental, miserable bitter old man.

p.s. I took the liberty of editing your post, hope you don't mind.

• Backroom

I'm sure you do and I hope it helps you kick the habit but to the casual observer you look either very silly or simply pathetic. Bit like seeing adults sucking their thumbs.

No more silly than a pipe-smoker imo.

I am pretty sure that you or the casual observer wouldn't even notice the one that I use in public , as well as the fact that I do not use one where smoking is not allowed but thanks for your concern, I'm quite happy to look silly after almost finally kicking the fags into touch after 30 years and even happier that my ex cig money is in part paying for my new car.

It also helps that I now live in a part of the world that considers walking about in a supermarket or going out in a vest , brightly coloured board shorts with either nothing or flip flops on your feet, and having a freezing cold beer (i use the term loosely) at every opportunity as normal so sucking on a piece of metal doesn't raise many eyebrows :). If you ever visit over here nodrog give me a shout and we can go for a coffee on the cappuccino strip and tut loudly at the passers-by whilst saying "look at the state of that"

The casual observer being you of course,

You really are an arrogant, judgemental, miserable bitter old man.

p.s. I took the liberty of editing your post, hope you don't mind.

I don't have any choice I suppose. I must say your weakness and inability to kick a hopeless addiction to nicotine into touch does seem to make you rather grumpy. Why can't you just say no T.J.? You know it makes sense. :tu:

What the Hell are you on about, I don't smoke(I quit 10 years ago and ive probably smoked no more than a couple of packs worth in the meantime) and i'm not even slightly addicted to anything(though I do spend way to much time on this site than is healthy!).

p.s. blahhh!!!!!!!

............................................................................................................................................................................................................................

I'm currently vaping Columbian Coffee flavoured liquid, its a lot nicer than you may think.

• 7 months later...

Bumped this up again...... Might not be too long before these 'safe' vapourisers are declared dangerous and banned altogether as the logic of declaring them unsafe for U18's does not stack up for 19 year olds plus. I'm not surprised cos tax revenue from smokers must have bombed considerably. Personally if I were an adult who still needs a dummy tit to get myself through life I'd use them for what they were intended as an aid to quitting ...... whilst I can before they're gone and I'd have to return to the hook of proper fags.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-25900542

I suppose there is always snuff. :tu:

What the Hell are you on about, I don't smoke(I quit 10 years ago and ive probably smoked no more than a couple of packs worth in the meantime) and i'm not even slightly addicted to anything(though I do spend way to much time on this site than is healthy!).

p.s. blahhh!!!!!!!

............................................................................................................................................................................................................................

I'm currently vaping Columbian Coffee flavoured liquid, its a lot nicer than you may think.

So you quit 10 years ago, but you have smoked since, mmmmmmmm

My dad used to say it was easy to stop smoking and he proved it,

he gave up hundreds of times

I've smoked about the equivalent of 2/3 packs of cigarettes in what is now at least 12 years and I haven't smoked a single cigarette for about 2 years, nice to know you care though.

theno dragging this thread back up just to make some more arrogant comments, with the daily mail and other biased agenda driven trash seemingly being his on research sources, what a surprise.

I've smoked about the equivalent of 2/3 packs of cigarettes in what is now at least 12 years and I haven't smoked a single cigarette for about 2 years, nice to know you care though.

theno dragging this thread back up just to make some more arrogant comments, with the daily mail and other biased agenda driven trash seemingly being his on research sources, what a surprise.

Well there are a few senior health officials now questioning the safety of the vapors, some ministers are pushing for them to be classed as food,

Maybe they see a tax opportunity, all in all it looks like they are going to be regulated in some way in the very near future (under 18's is just the start)

obviously politicians see it as a tax opportunity, but I think most politicians & health officials are protecting their pals at the big pharma's as their 'stop smoking aids' are a billion £/$ industry(and they sell a lot of their stuff to patients through the nhs) and then there's your theno types that are just miserable so and so's that don't like new things that their ignorant brains can't/won't understand.

the main problem with vaporizers is that there are a lot of poor quality devises and questionable liquids being sold in backstreet stores, etc.. you should really stick to quality brands like totally wicked that only sell well made items and liquids that have been well tried and tested.

I have to say though, the tv ads for various e-cigs that have started showing recently are terrible(in every way) they undermine and contradict what most regular vapers think of vaporizers.

the main problem with vaporizers is that there are a lot of poor quality devises and questionable liquids being sold in backstreet stores, etc.. you should really stick to quality brands like totally wicked that only sell well made items and liquids that have been well tried and tested.

I have to say though, the tv ads for various e-cigs that have started showing recently are terrible(in every way) they undermine and contradict what most regular vapours users think of vaporizers.

Totally Wicked might be tried and tested but would they stand up to the FSA tests?

no one knows as yet, you will see a mad scramble if they are classified as food

obviously politicians see it as a tax opportunity, but I think most politicians & health officials are protecting their pals at the big pharma's as their 'stop smoking aids' are a billion £/$ industry(and they sell a lot of their stuff to patients through the nhs) and then there's your theno types that are just miserable so and so's that don't like new things that their ignorant brains can't/won't understand.

I have to say though, the tv ads for various e-cigs that have started showing recently are terrible(in every way) they undermine and contradict what most regular vapours users think of vaporizers.

You criticise me and then proceed to validate my point. :blink: Either you are the intellectual pygmy most suspect or you must be vaping rather more than coffee this afternoon.

Archived