BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Modern Music (Ok I'm old but good grief)

I take it the obvious jokes are off limits.

I tried to keep a straight face but when he started throwing some shapes towards the end I lost it a bit.

But you just know it's going to go viral and end up with a remixed version a la. £1 fish.

WTF was that ??

I love it ..mmmm haha

I so hope that was a suicide note or some sort of @#/? take that has gone over my head .

The theme of we will rock you is of how real music has been replaced by computer manufactured rubbish, and how groups of singers are referred to as bands when they don't play any instruments.

This garbage proves that point for me !

If people can get over there opinions of Liam Gallagher, beady eyes new album is very very good, It sounds different from most oasis/beady/gallagher esque stuff, much more experimental and Liams voice has been stripped of all the usual effects and sounds great.

Been to 'We Will Rock You' tonight, great fun. Someone sent me this link, speaks for itself, (Abbey loves it)

http://youtu.be/6Dmlqjzu7Sg

I seem to remember a rovers fan post a very similar anti-venky video that was equally as cringe worthy(if not more so as the guy was clearly a lot older and taking it a lot more serious), don't remember that getting much stick,

This is just a young lad having some harmless fun and letting of some steam without the aid of alcohol,etc.., it is funny though, but I'm sure he's very aware of that(if not im sure his mates have set him straight haha)

p.s, it would oficialy be the most depressing thing ever though, if it did turn out to be his suicide note!

Been to 'We Will Rock You' tonight, great fun. Someone sent me this link, speaks for itself, (Abbey loves it)

http://youtu.be/6Dmlqjzu7Sg

how odd. we were in the same audience. Absolutely hated the show - one of the worst acted things and worst scripts I've ever seen. We'd gone along because we'd promised a friend of my daughter that we would take her to see it, so it ended up with 8 of us going. The girl we took loved it, but the rest of us were less convinced. And to top it all we almost ran over Kevin Kennedy at the bottom of Cheetham Hill road.

I enjoyed the first half better than the second. I'm a huge Queen fan so I can forgive anything.

What I didn't like (and my daughter agreed) was how leery the gags were. I'm no prude but it was near the knuckle considering there were a lot of kids there

Said exactly the same to my husband. The deliberately sexual references were tediously unnecessary and totally unfunny. My son likes Queen's music, so,like you, could forgive a lot and I wasn't bored but just felt it really wasn't very good. The leads were quite good especially the girl but I felt sorry for them trying to deliver some of the lines.

Coldplay = suicide music

TJ you really really don't get this ignore ABBEY lark do you .

I think thats an unfair stereotype personally, usually used by people who haven't actually heard that many of their songs. There's barely any downbeat songs on their latest album, Charlie Brown always cheers me up. The album previous to that there was Strawberry Swing, Life in Technicolour and Viva La Vida. And from their earlier days Speed of Sound, Don't Panic, Yellow and Shiver were fairly upbeat (in lyrics or sound). This is just the singles as well, there's a lot of album songs that are upbeat.

Maybe they have a bit more than the average amount of downbeat songs but I hardly think that qualifies them as crap on an objective level. They all play instruments, don't rely on music videos with half-naked women gyrating to add entertainment, and have intelligent and varied lyrics. To me that gives them far more objective worth than most modern garbage, even if they weren't my taste in music. Then there's their phenomenal level of success in an age where tweenies downloading X-factor rubbish off the internet is squeezing out the whole rock/indie genre. Very good band in my opinion.

XX

Coldplays 1st two albums are great albums no denying, its everything they done prior tha is just to wet for my liking(as for being depressing music though, that's clearly the comment of a musicus ignoramus as their pretty much the total opposite of that, melancholy at times but that's not the same as depressing'suicide music').

Archived