BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Lancashire County 2016

With regards to the word fickle, are you still boycotting like your profile says?

No. I seem unable to change it.... or at least I was before the recent melt down. tbh Haven't tried since.

patient sigh........ I boycotted cos imo Kean and Anderson had their hands in the till and were hell bent on personal profit and the venkymob were too thick to see it.

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh Gordon, if there's no viable future to the club, why don't you go and watch someone else?

Can you imagine saying this to the Dingles right now. The club has got how many millions in the bank? Their financial manager would laugh your out the room, let alone the fans!

Clubs in this area are all viable, or else they wouldn't have survived the past 100 years or so. You're wrong Gordon, accept it!

With regards to the word fickle, are you still boycotting like your profile says?

I think I am correct in saying that the company in charge of Blackpool's assets now show 38 million deposited positively. Who says relegation doesn't pay?

PNE owe owner Trevor Hemmings 45+ million, but are debt free other than that. Bet they are excited to go up.

Rovers are anything from 70 to 100 million in the red to our owners.

Double that for Bolton.

No idea about Burnley, but would imagine they are trading profitably this last year or two.

There's no guarantee that Franchise FC would work though. Derby County, essentially what you're promoting, only get about 33,000 per week, and that's only when it's going well. Considering there's population of 1 million people in Derbyshire, that's a pretty poor return. Then you look at Franchise FC supposedly being more financially viable. Compare it again to Derby. They were in all sorts of difficulties not so long back.

DC only has a capacity of about 33,500 seats so that's pretty much a sell out, every week. I know they sell out of season tickets every year. At least they have actually got theirs on sale already.

And Derbyshire itself is rather a large sprawling county so quoting 1m catchment is a bit off. Derby City itself only has 258,000 ish so 33,000 ain't bad.

with regards to "Lancashire County" oddly my dad has talked about the merits himself many years ago (he is impartial to any Lancashire Club). He had some very good arguments for the idea just like Gordon to be fair. Personally though, it will never happen and should never happen.

This Lancashire County or previous Lancashire United needs closing down its a nonsensical idea

'Nonsensical' If that is the criteria follwed on here I look forward to your account being terminated. :P

But tell me Athlete why are you seemingly afraid of debating this subject? I notice you want it shutting but just checked and you have added 6 posts yourself! It's running 'Hot' so there's been plenty of response, some valid some not so valid and unfortunately some quite frankly infantile and pathetic from people who don't appear to be able to grasp the dire situation the club is in. Just as an aside which group do you place yourself in?

This Lancashire County or previous Lancashire United needs closing down its a nonsensical idea

Apparently Lancashire United folded as only one supporter turned up every week. A guy called Gordon.

A rebranding exercise has been undertaken and a new club, Lancashire County has risen from the ashes.

County have built a new stadium near Bamber Bridge with a capacity of 22k but to date have sold only one season ticket. Let's have a look, I have a name somewhere...ah, yes, here it is, a guy called Gordon.

Not one person (so far) from Blackpool, Preston or Burnley has been prepared to swear allegiance to County and indeed only one out of the 140,000 folk living in Blackburn & Darwen has given his backing. A guy called Gordon.

Such a well thought out venture as well. Surely there must be some mistake?

'Nonsensical' If that is the criteria follwed on here I look forward to your account being terminated. :P

But tell me Athlete why are you seemingly afraid of debating this subject? I notice you want it shutting but just checked and you have added 6 posts yourself! It's running 'Hot' so there's been plenty of response, some valid some not so valid and unfortunately some quite frankly infantile and pathetic from people who don't appear to be able to grasp the dire situation the club is in. Just as an aside which group do you place yourself in?

Why would any Rovers Burnley Preston or Blackpool fan even contemplate it... Never

Apparently Lancashire United folded as only one supporter turned up every week. A guy called Gordon.

A rebranding exercise has been undertaken and a new club, Lancashire County has risen from the ashes.

County have built a new stadium near Bamber Bridge with a capacity of 22k but to date have sold only one season ticket. Let's have a look, I have a name somewhere...ah, yes, here it is, a guy called Gordon.

Not one person (so far) from Blackpool, Preston or Burnley has been prepared to swear allegiance to County and indeed only one out of the 140,000 folk living in Blackburn & Darwen has given his backing. A guy called Gordon.

The same Gordon who went golfing in Rovers hour of need

The same Gordon who went golfing in Rovers hour of need

What hour of need was that? Could that have been the time that simpletons like yourself queued in line to chuck your money into the buckest for Steve Kean and Jerome Andersons retirement fund? :wstu:

How you can criticise someone for making a correct decision which time and events have clearly borne out I really have no idea. Not only that but you now have made yourself look a complete numpty (even with the benefit of 2 years hindsight) by coming out as a fully paid up supporter of that wicked regime.

Prediction............. Before you die I virtually guarantee that you will be telling that story a little differently. :tu:

Archived