BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Lancashire County 2016

Why can so few understand it bucks? No I'm wrong why do so many refuse to face up to the situation as it is and instead find temporary comfort by referring back to the past? The past is gone.

I think some on here are so bogged down in the pointless enquiry into why we are screwed that they don't think about a way out of it.

Others are so angry with what has been done to the club that they almost need the club to continue on it's path to destruction so they can shout one allmighty I told you so. They need Rovers to die and for it to be the fault of those they see as responsible for where we are.

To be fair to them we have been through a hell of a lot. And I have found the hope I have had for our recovery has kept me going at times, but it also makes it more painful as it becomes aparent we are probably doomed. Easier to be angry than hopeful when things are going to s.... - less disappointment

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you gauged peoples reactions on here and from fans of other north west clubs, I suspect it would need to hold a lot less than 39,999 !!!

Appointing a manager when we still had the parachute payments was the best way out of this mess but you are right, what is done is done.

Your plan may be the only way that people in Lancashire can see a local team competing permanently at the 'top line'. However you are missing the point that all fans bar the similarly deluded would rather watch their team in the middle or bottom line than a team they have no affection for turning out against Liverpool or Man United.

If I had to move to, say, Southampton, I wouldn't suddenly start watching them at St Marys because it's top flight football. I wouldn't suddenly start following their results every minute whilst out on a Tuesday evening.

The only people that would do this for this new Lancashire club surely are the genuine "glory hunters' who have "only come to see United".

Going forward, if Venkys are not going to sustain any positive funding, we will need to cut our cloth accordingly, drastically reduce expenses and hope to get a genius, unproven, cheap manager in who can work wonders and dig out gems. Personally I think, for the money they have lost on BRFC, they might as well fund us at current levels for one more season and get Batman in as the manager instead of The Joker we currently have.

Should the debt be loaded onto us what do you think will be the interest on the debt (not counting repayments) compared to our gross income?

It'd be like performing a triple heart bypass on a 95 year old. There'd still be no viable future to look forward to.

No it wouldn't, humans get worn out, football clubs get rescued

Why don't you do a Vinjay and just support Man. City?

Seriously. If glory is all you're after, what's the difference between supporting Man. City and supporting some Frankenstein Lanky Utd? Neither of them are Rovers.

If you want a serious answer then ask properly and stop coming the clever @#/? with immature little jibes.

No it wouldn't, humans get worn out, football clubs get rescued

Bit of an irrelevant fact for you in order to add some perspective.

If you started counting continuously now with no sleep and no time off for meals, weekends etc it would take you until Mid summer 2017 to reach 70,000,000 million. And thats without adding any interest on. So can you tell me who you think is going to rescue us?

Should the debt be loaded onto us what do you think will be the interest on the debt (not counting repayments) compared to our gross income?

Significantly greater. I get that. That's not my point. My point is I would never, ever support a club that is not BRFC. Jusdging by SG194 above neither would he. Neither would many others.

There are still avenues where Blackburn Rovers exist competitively within the football league although many feature Venky's funding the debt and massive cost cutting. How long that could continue for, and what if/when the plug is pulled, is a completely different thread.

If that happened though, and the club folded, I would no longer 'support' or go and watch any club.

However your opening post states that you have "pushed the merger option for years (to much criticism) as the only way forward for skint, small town clubs with a skint depressed support base". You are not talking about clubs folding and then the support going to watch a new club.You have always been advocating clubs choosing to shut their own grounds, give up and merge to form one larger club. No supporter of any club accept for the most senile (or mischievous) would want that.

If you want a serious answer then ask properly and stop coming the clever @#/? with immature little jibes.

For once I was actually treating your idea with undue respect.

Lancashire Utd wouldn't even be an offshoot of Rovers. In essence, it would be no different to any pre-existing local club.

Seriously. If glory is all you're after, what's the difference between supporting Man. City and supporting some Frankenstein Lanky Utd? Neither of them are Rovers.

Look around. Blackburn children are already supporting City, United, even Liverpool. Teams that do not represent anything about our area.

Look around. Blackburn children are already supporting City, United, even Liverpool. Teams that do not represent anything about our area.

That's nothing new.

The Lancs United idea is also nothing new, yet it's talked about with reverence like its rocket science. Gordon won't know about Lancashire Lynx. Leave him to it. Burnley and Blackpool fans trailing to Bamber Bridge?

That's nothing new.

The Lancs United idea is also nothing new, yet it's talked about with reverence like its rocket science. Gordon won't know about Lancashire Lynx. Leave him to it. Burnley and Blackpool fans trailing to Bamber Bridge?

I can't ever see it happening either but if Rovers folded then I can see the sense in it.

We were very fortunate in terms of the timing of the Walker years. The spirit of FFP means that the Football League never again want to see any town clubs daring to dream. It's all about knowing your place and becoming cannon fodder for city clubs.

The only way to fight that mentality is to become a bigger entity or part of one. If anyone knows a way to make Blackburn Rovers as well supported as they were 100 years ago, nay, 20 years ago, please step forward.

As it stands, even if Rovers survive Venkys exit then there is still NOTHING to look forward to. I still don't see how it can be legal to restrict what a benefactor wants to do with his money. Banning toxic debt, I can, cash, I can't.

I can't ever see it happening either but if Rovers folded then I can see the sense in it.

We were very fortunate in terms of the timing of the Walker years. The spirit of FFP means that the Football League never again want to see any town clubs daring to dream. It's all about knowing your place and becoming cannon fodder for city clubs.

Awful isn't it,downright selfish.

We upset the Apple cart so much 20 years ago that the top footballing establishment probably swore it would never happen again...and then suddenly FFP is born!

We are so damn lucky to have witnessed the Walker 'miracle' years.

The only way to fight that mentality is to become a bigger entity or part of one. If anyone knows a way to make Blackburn Rovers as well supported as they were 100 years ago, nay, 20 years ago, please step forward.

Me! But it involves playing an FA Cup QF with Liverpool every fortnight!

Back to normal yesterday with the glory hunters traipsing dully around the regions shops and garden centres. The supporters are doing just as their parents did 40/50 years ago when we ended up down to 5000-6000 diehards. This club is dying on it's feet with our meagre and fickle support base..

Bit of an irrelevant fact for you in order to add some perspective.

If you started counting continuously now with no sleep and no time off for meals, weekends etc it would take you until Mid summer 2017 to reach 70,000,000 million. And thats without adding any interest on. So can you tell me who you think is going to rescue us?

Not in public I can't

Oh Gordon, if there's no viable future to the club, why don't you go and watch someone else?

Can you imagine saying this to the Dingles right now. The club has got how many millions in the bank? Their financial manager would laugh your out the room, let alone the fans!

Clubs in this area are all viable, or else they wouldn't have survived the past 100 years or so. You're wrong Gordon, accept it!

Me! But it involves playing an FA Cup QF with Liverpool every fortnight!

Back to normal yesterday with the glory hunters traipsing dully around the regions shops and garden centres. The supporters are doing just as their parents did 40/50 years ago when we ended up down to 5000-6000 diehards. This club is dying on it's feet with our meagre and fickle support base..

With regards to the word fickle, are you still boycotting like your profile says?

Archived