BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Lancashire County 2016

:lol: You'd think with there being nearly 5 pages, with the majority against, it'd go in that this isn't a good idea, instead telling people they're thick. Obviously they didn't do counting at grammar school. It's no wonder they got scrapped all those years ago! :rolleyes::lol:

Seems you are the living reason that binning off Grammar schools was fatally flawed.

Good points.

One of the things which would doom a Lancashire merger would be where the matches were played. If you need to site is where all the people are, Blackburn is only (just) second to Blackpool although slightly ahead of Lancaster and then Preston. It suggests a ground would need to be in Leyland or the Ribble Valley would probably be best but it isn't in the middle of a city like the larger clubs. It would also annex Wigan and Bolton from a home game travel perspective. Burnley could do it at a pinch.

It would be interesting to see which Conference teams would benefit as a result - although he real end game for such a merger is probably only a real proposition as part of an enforced drive (a la FFP) to reduce clubs from 92 to about 80, possibly even 60, as the football family really cannot sustain so many professional clubs in two-thirds empty stadia.

In reality, I think the future lies with a completely out of bounds top division - maybe through the franchise model - and the Football league take custody of the League Cup (if not the FA Cup) and "First Division title". A further step would be the European Super League model - effectively the current Champions League teams across Europe become a separate group with their own league and cup competitions. The football league would be free to have their own TV deals with terrestrial TV to further bring the average football fan a greater affinity with their local teams. Arm chair fans wouldn't see much difference and fans of the "top clubs" who would be priced out and would need to adopt a second team to get a live football fix.

The purists (who have bothered to read this far) will be up in arms about "the death of football" but football is already dead as we know it, it just doesn't know it yet.

'purists' eh? I dont think I would have used that adjective to describe them. Football luddites would be more accurate.

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pretentious? I seriously doubt that. You don't think I'm a qegs boy do you?

Ever more nonsense. questioning a 'Like' hardly constitutes an English test. More like an intellect test.

Just a general query, why do some people just love to embarrass themselves?

Can I take it from that that you were one who wimped out of protest action in 2011? Shame on you if so.

You have previously told me which school you went to, memory failing ?

You love playing the martyr so stop trying to say people are embarrassing them selves, this idea of yours in it's different guises has always been shot down on this MB, bit of a clue in that would you not say.

:lol: You'd think with there being nearly 5 pages, with the majority against, it'd go in that this isn't a good idea, instead telling people they're thick. Obviously they didn't do counting at grammar school. It's no wonder they got scrapped all those years ago! :rolleyes::lol:

Quite right 'counting' was completed in Year 2 of Primary school, just before we moved on to tables. Six or seven tops I'd be when we did 'counting'. It seems you are quite happy to lay bare your educational standard and intellect for all to see.

I need add nothing more to your post.

You have previously told me which school you went to, memory failing ?

You love playing the martyr so stop trying to say people are embarrassing them selves, this idea of yours in it's different guises has always been shot down on this MB, bit of a clue in that would you not say.

Sorry? Has the club ever been in this position before? If it has I must have misssed it. Maybe you can enlighten me.

How on earth can Darren be pretentious?

Good points.

One of the things which would doom a Lancashire merger would be where the matches were played. If you need to site is where all the people are, Blackburn is only (just) second to Blackpool although slightly ahead of Lancaster and then Preston. It suggests a ground would need to be in Leyland or the Ribble Valley would probably be best but it isn't in the middle of a city like the larger clubs. It would also annex Wigan and Bolton from a home game travel perspective. Burnley could do it at a pinch.

It would be interesting to see which Conference teams would benefit as a result - although he real end game for such a merger is probably only a real proposition as part of an enforced drive (a la FFP) to reduce clubs from 92 to about 80, possibly even 60, as the football family really cannot sustain so many professional clubs in two-thirds empty stadia.

In reality, I think the future lies with a completely out of bounds top division - maybe through the franchise model - and the Football league take custody of the League Cup (if not the FA Cup) and "First Division title". A further step would be the European Super League model - effectively the current Champions League teams across Europe become a separate group with their own league and cup competitions. The football league would be free to have their own TV deals with terrestrial TV to further bring the average football fan a greater affinity with their local teams. Arm chair fans wouldn't see much difference and fans of the "top clubs" who would be priced out and would need to adopt a second team to get a live football fix.

The purists (who have bothered to read this far) will be up in arms about "the death of football" but football is already dead as we know it, it just doesn't know it yet.

The NW Motorway network is the key and more important than which town is biggest.

https://maps.google.co.uk/maps?biw=1195&bih=520&q=lancashire+motorway+map&bav=on.2,or.r_cp.&bvm=bv.91071109,bs.1,d.ZWU&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=X&ei=IuIuVaGBBdHhaPr8gLAH&ved=0CAYQ_AUoAQ&output=classic&dg=brw

5 miles from Bamber Bridge / Walton Summit would be the obvious location imo.

Apologies if it feels your being ganged up on, but its your baby your fire-fighting and random quotes posted with certainty like they actually mean something, doesn't really cut it.

Uncle Jack (rip) waxed an arm and a leg building us up. A kings ransom. In his shoes I'd also have been hoping for a speedy end to my debit card coming out. He didn't get rich being frivolous. The spend at Rovers would have hurt him in many more ways than one.

Do you seriously think he grew his steel empire by initially chucking 30 million on premises and 30 million on employees? Or do you think he grew by retained cash flow and continuous investment? His business line for football was sustainability, survival and self financing. In his own work he flourished making bundles of profit through austere times. Pure coin. You notice any similarity at all between his business lines?

Jack knew it was an industry like no other. But he was cute with his customary impeccable timing. I'd wager Jack enjoyed buying and building the stadium, and certain players, but other aspects of his investment must have sickened a normal Northern bloke who knew what life is really like round here for many.

Lancs United is not happening for the foreseeable so maybe best discussed nearer the time. Bit like Xmas.

1,. Exactly right. We are currently none of those things nor are ever likely to be the way things are shaping up.

2. Maybe not but the end of BRFC might be.

Quite right 'counting' was completed in Year 2 of Primary school, just before we moved on to tables. Six or seven tops I'd be when we did 'counting'. It seems you are quite happy to lay bare your educational standard and intellect for all to see.

I need add nothing more to your post.

Sorry? Has the club ever been in this position before? If it has I must have misssed it. Maybe you can enlighten me.

How on earth can Darren be pretentious?

You do realise I'm a teacher Gordon? Therefore, I won't be taking lectures about my intelligence! If anything, your understanding of the text has been appalling on this part of the forum. You're only picking out parts of the text, which you can use to put together disrespectful attacks with, whilst ignoring meaningful points.

http://www.brfcc.com/mb/index.php/topic/29305-lancashire-united-pros-and-cons

Could this thread not have just been bumped to save the aggro of a new thread with the same Gordon Vs The World nonsense being posted all over again? :closedeyes:

Yes probably DE. 2013 and the 2nd post down was rather prophetic eh? Yet some simpletons on here still can't see it and prefer to adopt the argumentative style of a mob. Lots of posts on here but I can count on both hands the number of people who have even afforded some thought and posted serious comment. The rest are just what I expected.

You do realise I'm a teacher Gordon? Therefore, I won't be taking lectures about my intelligence! If anything, your understanding of the text has been appalling on this part of the forum. You're only picking out parts of the text, which you can use to put together disrespectful attacks with, whilst ignoring meaningful points.

Sorry but from what I see todays crop of teachers are somewhat less than impressive. You might of course be one of the better ones but you aren't showing it. So Primary? Secondary or Further education?

Yes probably DE. 2013 and the 2nd post down was rather prophetic eh? Yet some simpletons on here still can't see it and prefer to adopt the argumentative style of a mob. Lots of posts on here but I can count on both hands the number of people who have even afforded some thought and posted serious comment. The rest are just what I expected.

Why the snipes at other posters in almost every post? "Intellectual pygmies" "simpletons" etc. I don't get it. Some sort of self-gratifying compulsion to put people down.

I have no doubt that many fellow posters are also well-educated yet don't feel the need to point-score and ridicule. If they aren't, then so what? Doesn't make their opinion any less pertinent than your own.

Just an exercise in retaliation mustard. Read the thread through, see the unwarranted stick that I get and you will see why I bite back. Maybe I shouldn't but thats just me. Like all this 'here we go again' stuff.

The situation we find ourselves in has never been in place in the past so today's thread is set against a very different background than could ever have been envisaged even just a couple of years ago, but so many can't grasp that and just choose to snipe and retort with the same dull argument that they used when we were in the Prem under the Walker Trust..

I have responded in proper fashion to any well thought out and reasoned posts. Check it out if you like.

Just an exrcise in retaliation mustard. Read the thread through, see the unwarranted stick that I get and you will see why I bite back. I've responded in proper fashion to any well thought out and reasoned posts. Check it out if you like.

You bring it on yourself at least some of the time though. Responding to a personal remark is one thing, condescending mockery of someone who simply has a differing opinion to you is another. I'm not suggesting you're the only one guilty of insulting/immature jabs by the way, I just think you're one of the prime culprits.

All the land over the road from St Catherine's Hospice from the end of the M65 to Leyland Motors is earmarked for industrial redevelopment so get your spade Gordon

Ewood Park is only 8 miles from Walton Summit...........perfick!

• Moderation Lead

This idea is just a non-starter because of tribalism, whilst in principle there might be a bit of logic behind it, I absolutely will not surrender 30 years of support for some merger.

You bring it on yourself at least some of the time though. Responding to a personal remark is one thing, condescending mockery of someone who simply has a differing opinion to you is another. I'm not suggesting you're the only one guilty of insulting/immature jabs by the way, I just think you're one of the prime culprits.

The debate is open. If people have something constructive or even destructive so long as it's well thought out to say then post. If not don't post. Insulting and disparaging one liners with not an ounce of thought behind them bring nothing to the table do they?

given Gords legendery golfing prowess ,the new ground could be in Parbold.

Parbold? sounds more like your hairstyle Abbey. :P

All the land over the road from St Catherine's Hospice from the end of the M65 to Leyland Motors is earmarked for industrial redevelopment so get your spade Gordon

Ewood Park is only 8 miles from Walton Summit...........perfick!

Please inform us who lives at Ewood Park shaun? :huh:

When the notion to form local town teams was instigated in the late 19th century there were no MWays, no cars and no buses. Grounds were in or around the centre of towns because people walked to them. The basic transport infrastructure is much different now.

I've already outlined the MWay hub centering on Lostock Hall / Brig area now check out the railway links. http://www.northernrail.org/pdfs/network_map/NR_NetworkMap_2014.pdf

As you say 'perfick'.

This idea is just a non-starter because of tribalism, whilst in principle there might be a bit of logic behind it, I absolutely will not surrender 30 years of support for some merger.

I understand tribalism (Paul once informed me that he doesn't believe it exists btw). Have you ever considered that there may be nothing to support before too long? I'm suggesting a Plan B K-Hod, a survival option. It appears like many more on here that you don't have one.

Anyway bit of lateral thinking for you...... just imagine being married for 30 years to some tired, wrinkly and dried up old woman whose reached the 'leathery' stage and then having the chance of trading in the old model for a brand new vivacious 25 year old. That'd perk you up a bit I'd wager! :tu:

Oh tee hee... thats a gud un. :wstu: better not give up your day job to pursue a career in comedy just yet eh Athlete.

Again I refer you to my response to mustard in post 92. If you have nothing to add to the debate don't clutter it up with mindless comment.

• Moderation Lead

The debate is open. If people have something constructive or even destructive so long as it's well thought out to say then post. If not don't post. Insulting and disparaging one liners with not an ounce of thought behind them bring nothing to the table do they?

Parbold? sounds more like your hairstyle Abbey. :P

Please inform us who lives at Ewood Park shaun? :huh:

When the notion to form local town teams was instigated in the late 19th century there were no MWays, no cars and no buses. Grounds were in or around the centre of towns because people walked to them. The basic transport infrastructure is much different now.

I've already outlined the MWay hub centering on Lostock Hall / Brig area now check out the railway links. http://www.northernrail.org/pdfs/network_map/NR_NetworkMap_2014.pdf

As you say 'perfick'.

I understand tribalism (Paul once informed me that he doesn't believe it exists btw). Have you ever considered that there may be nothing to support before too long? I'm suggesting a Plan B K-Hod, a survival option. It appears like many more on here that you don't have one.

Anyway bit of lateral thinking for you...... just imagine being married for 30 years to some tired, wrinkly and dried up old woman whose reached the 'leathery' stage and then having the chance of trading in the old model for a brand new vivacious 25 year old. That'd perk you up a bit I'd wager! :tu:

It's Rovers or nowt for me I'm afraid. Always nice to think of alternatives, but like I said, there isn't one for me!

It's Rovers or nowt for me I'm afraid. Always nice to think of alternatives, but like I said, there isn't one for me!

OK. Your kids won't care though. They'll love it. It's why kids don't buy music from Slade and Abba anymore.

Ref: Post 37

Topic Lock

Rather a lame duck than a lame brain.

.... oops I'm falling into my own trap! I'm turning into an empty head posting single lines of vacuous and unfunny comment! :unsure:

Archived