BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Lancashire County 2016

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gord, you are wrong on Slade plenty of young uns are buying/downloading Slade stuff.

Yep, vinyl is making an impressive comeback,

A good example for the Rovers to follow when a new executive and management team is in place,

constructive enough for you Theno ?

Anyway bit of lateral thinking for you...... just imagine being married for 30 years to some tired, wrinkly and dried up old woman whose reached the 'leathery' stage and then having the chance of trading in the old model for a brand new vivacious 25 year old. That'd perk you up a bit I'd wager! :tu:

I'm not married myself but I would like to think I would stay with the wife that I love rather than run out on her. Although maybe I'm old-fashioned like that.

Don't Lancashire County already play cricket anyway?

So what do you think would happen then? Half a dozen clubs or so would amalgamate to form one "super club", and with the new massive attendances of 50-60k we could maybe challenge Newcastle for mid-table superiority?

The top clubs wouldn't let this team be a threat, they would do what will continue to happen to Southampton which is take their best players off them every summer. Their actual best players I meant, not Liverpool's version of their best players.

Gord, you are wrong on Slade plenty of young uns are buying/downloading Slade stuff.

Best live good time band that I've ever seen but only with Noddy Holder.

I'm not married myself but I would like to think I would stay with the wife that I love rather than run out on her.

Obviously. ^_^

Least important issue. What colour do you want it to be? How about our own version of Harlequins strip? We could maybe use existing home strips on a variable rota (to suit the opposition colours) for away fixtures?

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=harlequins+strip&biw=1195&bih=520&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=0QYwVaXeA4Ppatf8gMgJ&ved=0CAgQ_AUoAw

Least important issue. What colour do you want it to be? How about our own version of Harlequins strip? We could maybe use existing home strips on a variable rota (to suit the opposition colours) for away fixtures?

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=harlequins+strip&biw=1195&bih=520&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=0QYwVaXeA4Ppatf8gMgJ&ved=0CAgQ_AUoAw

So you're saying you'd throw away all this:

-all our FA Cup wins

-all our league titles

-all our Europa and Champions League appearances

-our record 3 FA Cup wins in a row

-our great derby with those 6 fingered lot up the road to become like Bolton

-our 11th most successful club status of all time, in English football

-our ability to still make Burnley, Bolton, Preston & Leeds etc., all envious about our trophy cabinet, even after the past few years

-our ability to get 1/5 of Blackburn's population, to attend a football match, which Norwich, Leeds & Wolves etc. could only dream of

-our fantastic training facilities which are still world-class

-our fairy tale with story with Jack

-our 'small town in Europe' status, that will one day come back, whilst hammering big city teams like City and United

-our famous blue & white shirts

-every wonder goal scored by Garner & Shearer

-every appearance by Bob Crompton & Derek Fazackerley

You'd throw all that away, just to make something that's slightly more economically viable?

So you're saying you'd throw away all this:

-all our FA Cup wins

-all our league titles

-all our Europa and Champions League appearances

-our record 3 FA Cup wins in a row

-our great derby with those 6 fingered lot up the road to become like Bolton

-our 11th most successful club status of all time, in English football

-our ability to still make Burnley, Bolton, Preston & Leeds etc., all envious about our trophy cabinet, even after the past few years

-our ability to get 1/5 of Blackburn's population, to attend a football match, which Norwich, Leeds & Wolves etc. could only dream of

-our fantastic training facilities which are still world-class

-our fairy tale with story with Jack

-our 'small town in Europe' status, that will one day come back, whilst hammering big city teams like City and United

-our famous blue & white shirts

-every wonder goal scored by Garner & Shearer

-every appearance by Bob Crompton & Derek Fazackerley

You'd throw all that away, just to make something that's slightly more economically viable?

Theno thinks it's not relevant in this day and age

If anything, it's what keeps me going! The past gives me hope that we will one day rise to the top of English football again.

The most successful town team ever and the 11th most successful club in Britain...

Gordon the golfer would throw all that away..

People really think that Lancashire County is Gordon's preferred option? Sheesh.

It's out of necessity not desire. People don't want a BRFC in the lower leagues and don't want a Lancs team in the PL.

Let's hope Venkys pockets are unlimited then and we can continue the current misery indefinitely.

People really think that Lancashire County is Gordon's preferred option? Sheesh.

It's out of necessity not desire. People don't want a BRFC in the lower leagues and don't want a Lancs team in the PL.

Let's hope Venkys pockets are unlimited then and we can continue the current misery indefinitely.

There's no guarantee that Franchise FC would work though. Derby County, essentially what you're promoting, only get about 33,000 per week, and that's only when it's going well. Considering there's population of 1 million people in Derbyshire, that's a pretty poor return. Then you look at Franchise FC supposedly being more financially viable. Compare it again to Derby. They were in all sorts of difficulties not so long back.

Archived