BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers fans, fickle, fallible, or knowledgeable and discerning and the Loon factor?

your friends comments show that there is still a lot of ignorance about amongst the non-messageboarders

This is a horrible comment. There were 10,991 season ticket holders at Ewood last season, you've just accused 95%+ of those loyal supporters of being ignorant.

Show me the evidence that the 20 or so regular posters on here - presumably the "messageboarders" as you have named them - are in any way more In The Know about our club than the 10,991 cash paying ST holders?

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't blame the Walker Trust. They clearly did not share Jack's love for the club and didn't want to own a football club. The didn't sell to the first, or even second chancer. We could have been goners by now under Al Sayed.

I blame Venkys to an extent for making themselves an easy target to exploit. I also blame Venkys for their on-going indecision and ignorance. I blame their committee mentality of a likely prudent chairwoman trying to make the club wash its own face on one side and a seemingly passionate if grossly naive Fernandes-wannabe on the other, brokered in the middle by the Confused of Pune.

But most of all - and your friends comments show that there is still a lot of ignorance about amongst the non-messageboarders - I blame the real villains of the piece: the sharks who saw both parties coming and took money out of our club whilst watching our club slide down the rankings. All along having their puppet lie to all and sundry about big plans - plans presumably that Venkys had little sight or knowledge of - whilst the die yards to us to get behind him and his team.

"We are where we are" being the excuse for inaction at every opportunity. Sorry but this still grates.

Surely JA is a guilty party. He mis represented things to both parties having seen an opportunity for huge personal gain Allegedly of course

This is a horrible comment. There were 10,991 season ticket holders at Ewood last season, you've just accused 95%+ of those loyal supporters of being ignorant.

Show me the evidence that the 20 or so regular posters on here - presumably the "messageboarders" as you have named them - are in any way more In The Know about our club than the 10,991 cash paying ST holders?

You've got to ask yourself which is the largest majority at Rovers the empty seats or the paying customers and which way is the trend going.

There are some messageboard members who seem to think that there views matter, ive argued for yrs that 300 active members does not represent the rovers fanbase, the stick I got on Saturday for having facebook wasnon ending.

There are some messageboard members who seem to think that there views matter, ive argued for yrs that 300 active members does not represent the rovers fanbase, the stick I got on Saturday for having facebook wasnon ending.

I thought all the supporters views mattered, just because some differ is that not life ?

Who are these '300 members'?

More like 30 to me. Do Admin have any statistics?

when i was active there were 300 members who voiced there concerns,now there are 30 wanna be journos,school ground bullies and russell hartys of the world,just mention ,not in the managers plans .and it upsets one of the w/bitches and your hounded

Archived