BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers fans, fickle, fallible, or knowledgeable and discerning and the Loon factor?

At best initially and try to build. The goal is always try to do the best you can. 29th isn't it.

So now it's not only sustaining a top flight team but a top top flight team? Do try to keep your anti-blackburn fan agenda goal posts in one place Gordon.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Besides we've not been doing anything for 20 years on our own. The Walkers were our safety net time and again. Jack threw money at Hodgson and Kidd, they topped up gate receipts every season to the tune of 3m pa until 2007 I think. They stumped up for Andy Cole to avoid relegation.

name a team that does anything on their own

Jack Walker was the catalyst for change and promotion. Savvy buys such as Le Saux, Sherwood, Shearer, Berg, Hendry, Sutton, Gallacher all helped bring success and their sales covered their expenditure. Those buys covered the cost of the ride! Only when we started to let Hodgson and Kidd blow millions on crud did things go awry...but regardless after then employing a better manager, promotion, increased TV money and selling on our excellent youth players got things on the straight and narrow again.

How can you pretend that this did not happen and we showed that a town team can be self-sufficient Gordon? Even right up towards the end of the Williams era, we had valuable players who could have been sold to pay off anything owed (e.g. Samba, N'Zonzi, Jones).

Now, if your arguement was a town team cannot be self-sufficient with poor management, poor player recruitment and idiotic ownership then I'd have your back entirely.

"We've done well to bring the right quality in, but it becomes harder and harder to keep doing it." Mark Hughes

name a team that does anything on their own

BRFC if you get your way. :P

Plus you must know that FFP won't allow sugar daddies in future?

At best initially and try to build. The goal is always try to do the best you can. 29th isn't it.

So now it's not only sustaining a top flight team but a top top flight team? Do try to keep your anti-blackburn fan agenda goal posts in one place Gordon.

You are the one who just moved them. :rolleyes:

I'd give up if I was you Gordon, you've totally lost the argument, your response to the Swansea example was particularly pathetic.

Give up? We've got three classic BRFCS tactics left yet:

1) Bore you opposition to death

Best implemented by Jim, this tactic is often very successful. It involves constantly repeating the same argument until the person you are arguing with makes one tiny mistake which could, in some long winded way, prove your point to be correct. At that point, attack, and don't stop until the person you are arguing against gives in.

2) Repetitive abuse

Infamously used by ABBEY in the VENKYSCUM days, this tactic involves repeating the same word, in CAPS - then swearing at anybody that disagrees. Often ends in a ban, but you usually win the argument due to everybody else getting banned with you.

3) Confuse the non-believers

Best used by Chaddy and Vinjay, this classic approach can be used in two ways. The first, involves repeating the same arguement, with 'IMO' and sourcing Alan Nixon until people are so confused about the point they just abuse you - ending in their ban and your victory. If they don't bite and give you abuse, you simply question whether they are a real fan. Did they buy the 2001/02 away kit? If not, you did. Therefore you know more. Do they attend every home game despite living in Portugal? No? Then they don't have an opinion. The second involves making completely irrational threats and confusing the message board as they can no longer work out who is the bully. This second approach often leads in surreal lies about being sat in the board room and staging a starvation based lock in protest. It can also lead to you decided to support whoever are currently the best team in the world.

"We've done well to bring the right quality in, but it becomes harder and harder to keep doing it." Mark Hughes

BRFC if you get your way. :P

Plus you must know that FFP won't allow sugar daddies in future?

You are the one who just moved them. :rolleyes:

FFP will be dead and buried when QPR get relegated

Rover's catchment area is actually quite big, it doesn't end at the town line. It also overlaps with other catchment areas. The problem is that the further out you go the more fair weather then fan becomes (generally). The reason in my view is simple, they need to make more of an effort to get to the games, give up a greater proportion of their time and spend more money doing it. When things are good its worth it, when things are not good for many of them it isn't.

Let it be said this certainly doesn't apply to all who travel from outside the town but if your faced with 4 hours of travel, limited in the amount you can drink with only the prospect of poor football and depressing stands, it does make a difference.

The owners drove a lot of fans away, never has the frustration been higher in my 25 years of support, to ignore the obvious, to demonize the fan base, to humiliate the club in the way they did. That will cost us real stalwart fans for at least a generation, but if the good times come back then so will the fair weather fans.

Whilst forgiving the owners is not an option and no quick fixes are on the horizon, the club has arrested its decline and now the supporters have to help make coming to Ewood a better experience and the only way to do that is to get behind the team.

I realize you don't have a lot to sing about, but sing you must and perhaps this fair weather fan will get on a plane more often!

Does anyone have any idea of what the sanctions on QPR are going to be, if they are relegated? I believe it is a hefty fine they face, but what if they refuse to pay it?

i have heard this referred to before ...the cup final ticket fiasco but what exactly happened ? even at 40 i'm too young to know

. Yes quite right what everyone has said happened back in 1960,also in those days each club only got 15000 tickets each,with 70000 tickets distributed to all the different Fa amateur clubs etc,my. dad managed to get one,but a lot were disappointed with the distribution of the tickets,can't blame the Venkys,for that one can we,lol....

Does anyone have any idea of what the sanctions on QPR are going to be, if they are relegated? I believe it is a hefty fine they face, but what if they refuse to pay it?

£65 million fine,

Its about time the FA told the agents to do one, no club can be safe while all the money gets funnelled into the agents and players back sacks leaving sod all for the clubs to function.

Give up? We've got three classic BRFCS tactics left yet:

1) Bore you opposition to death

Best implemented by Jim, this tactic is often very successful. It involves constantly repeating the same argument until the person you are arguing with makes one tiny mistake which could, in some long winded way, prove your point to be correct. At that point, attack, and don't stop until the person you are arguing against gives in.

2) Repetitive abuse

Infamously used by ABBEY in the VENKYSCUM days, this tactic involves repeating the same word, in CAPS - then swearing at anybody that disagrees. Often ends in a ban, but you usually win the argument due to everybody else getting banned with you.

3) Confuse the non-believers

Best used by Chaddy and Vinjay, this classic approach can be used in two ways. The first, involves repeating the same arguement, with 'IMO' and sourcing Alan Nixon until people are so confused about the point they just abuse you - ending in their ban and your victory. If they don't bite and give you abuse, you simply question whether they are a real fan. Did they buy the 2001/02 away kit? If not, you did. Therefore you know more. Do they attend every home game despite living in Portugal? No? Then they don't have an opinion. The second involves making completely irrational threats and confusing the message board as they can no longer work out who is the bully. This second approach often leads in surreal lies about being sat in the board room and staging a starvation based lock in protest. It can also lead to you decided to support whoever are currently the best team in the world.

ITS STILL VENKYSCUM DAYS :(

£65 million fine,

Its about time the FA told the agents to do one, no club can be safe while all the money gets funnelled into the agents and players back sacks leaving sod all for the clubs to function.

Is it pure coincidence that Harry Redknapp was manager of Portsmouth when they signed loads of players that they could not afford and also it appears when the same happened at QPR? He quit QPR due to a bad leg stating it was so painful, he could hardly tale training. Is there something a miss with this man and does he still have a bank account in the name of his pet dog allegedly?

Is it pure coincidence that Harry Redknapp was manager of Portsmouth when they signed loads of players that they could not afford and also it appears when the same happened at QPR? He quit QPR due to a bad leg stating it was so painful, he could hardly tale training. Is there something a miss with this man and does he still have a bank account in the name of his pet dog allegedly?

Don't for one minute, believe he is in the singular !

• Backroom

the club has arrested its decline

In what sense? We're still losing money hand over fist, we're still losing fans, we're under a transfer embargo, we still have no experience in the boardroom or the dugout and we're once again looking at losing our best players over the summer. Oh, and Venky's are still here.

A couple of seasons of mid-table finishes in the Championship is not arresting the decline, and next season we may really see the consequences of Venky's mistakes in every sense.

FFP will be dead and buried when QPR get relegated

That is an interesting prospect. The Football League will be tested if they try and impose the massive fine they said they would or actually refuse to accept QPR into their league. I could see this ending up in court and if it drags on potentially delaying the start of next season.

If as you suggest FFP will be dead I wonder if the Indians could legally challenge the Football League on the grounds that maybe if we could have signed players we may have been promoted.

Either way they are both interesting prospects.

I'd give up if I was you Gordon, you've totally lost the argument, your response to the Swansea example was particularly pathetic.

Not giving up until you name a number of other clubs in the Prem that are as self sufficient and as successful as Swansea. Otherwise Swansea are simply an exception that proves a rule.

Didn't he leave Soton in a precarious financial state? Plus Levy binned him off for quite likely probably the same reason too.

That is an interesting prospect. The Football League will be tested if they try and impose the massive fine they said they would or actually refuse to accept QPR into their league. I could see this ending up in court and if it drags on potentially delaying the start of next season.

If as you suggest FFP will be dead I wonder if the Indians could legally challenge the Football League on the grounds that maybe if we could have signed players we may have been promoted.

Either way they are both interesting prospects.

They will do a deal

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/mar/02/qpr-football-league-ffp-negotiations

But the biggest irony of all is that for all the time he was here you were Big Sam's loudest and most vociferous critic! You were absolutely delighted when the venkmob replaced him with Steve Kean! I don't recall you ever admitting that you were way WRONG and Now you have the temerity to think that anyone will take notice of your opinions.

NOBODY was 'delighted' when **** took over, because nobody saw it coming.

You came on here, said you'll never go again whilst Venkys are in charge and took up refuge at the golf club. You now deny saying that and are backing them, and you deny playing golf instead of going to the football.

You'll be denying the holocaust next, oh hang on a minute.......

Bit overly personal that, Gav.

Gordon did say that he wouldn't give Venkys his money. Although more recently he has appended that with 'while Kean and co were here' to justify his return. But at least he has returned.

Bit overly personal that, Gav.

Gordon did say that he wouldn't give Venkys his money. Although more recently he has appended that with 'while Kean and co were here' to justify his return. But at least he has returned.

In other words he changed what he was saying when he was caught out! Think people wouldn't mind quite so much IMO if he didn't come across so arrogant with it and admit when he was mistaken.

In other words he changed what he was saying when he was caught out! Think people wouldn't mind quite so much IMO if he didn't come across so arrogant with it and admit when he was mistaken.

I agree. He has changed his tune, yes. But Gav's last sentence was unnecessary.

I agree. He has changed his tune, yes. But Gav's last sentence was unnecessary.

Quite probably, I agree with you, but the main point still stands. I can see why people get irritated with him, for reasons as stated above, and perhaps go a bit too far. Had to edit my own post as it's not always easy to get it right on a message board.

Btw not having a go at you at all, just trying to add a bit of perspective as to why people may get upset with him.

NOBODY was 'delighted' when **** took over, because nobody saw it coming.

You came on here, said you'll never go again whilst Venkys are in charge and took up refuge at the golf club. You now deny saying that and are backing them, and you deny playing golf instead of going to the football.

You'll be denying the holocaust next, oh hang on a minute.......

Gav you really are as thick as a bar top! :wstu: Can I repeat what I've told you time and again that I NEVER play golf on a Saturday! tbh my membership is 5 day only and doesn't allow me to play on Saturdays so your opinion is totally invalid as per usual. Please do try and retain that information for future reference will you? It should hopefully deter you from making continual playground insults.

As for deciding not to buy a ST that was because I was uncertain about the Indians motives BUT totally certain about the motives of Kean and Anderson. I simply couldn't give that my backing and my money. Seems you could and you did so you need to back off.

Also you would have replaced Allardyce with just about anybody! You had well and truly painted yourself in a corner with your comments on him and his sacking offered you a way out.

The search facility is a bit iffy but here's a post you made in support of Steve Kean at exactly the same time that I had decided enough was enough (May 11) because it was obvious to me that those two were simply 'on the rob'. Here.....http://www.brfcc.com/mb/index.php/topic/24454-sam-allardyce-messiah-or-simply-a-good-manager/?p=1060239

Archived