BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers fans, fickle, fallible, or knowledgeable and discerning and the Loon factor?

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gav you really are as thick as a bar top! :wstu: Can I repeat what I've told you time and again that I NEVER play golf on a Saturday! tbh my membership is 5 day only and doesn't allow me to play on Saturdays so your opinion is totally invalid as per usual. Please do try and retain that information for future reference will you? It should hopefully deter you from making continual playground insults.

As for deciding not to buy a ST that was because I was uncertain about the Indians motives BUT totally certain about the motives of Kean and Anderson. I simply couldn't give that my backing and my money. Seems you could and you did so you need to back off.

Also you would have replaced Allardyce with just about anybody! You had well and truly painted yourself in a corner with your comments on him and his sacking offered you a way out.

The search facility is a bit iffy but here's a post you made in support of Steve Kean at exactly the same time that I had decided enough was enough (May 11) because it was obvious to me that those two were simply 'on the rob'. Here.....http://www.brfcc.com/mb/index.php/topic/24454-sam-allardyce-messiah-or-simply-a-good-manager/?p=1060239

The fact you went into the search facility is sad, the fact you're trying to rewrite history is pathetic.

We all know what you posted, it's not even in dispute despite your remonstrations, move on gordon.

You had to Fire into reverse gear, swallow that pride, ditch the golf clubs/3pm tee times, and buy that season ticket. All credit to you, it must be hard to say you'll never go again under 'The slum dogs' then actually go again.

Wish we had more like you.

Thenodrog

Not giving up until you name a number of other clubs in the Prem that are as self sufficient and as successful as Swansea. Otherwise Swansea are simply an exception that proves a rule.

Does this help? (probably not because I know you’re always right :-) )

http://www.transferleague.co.uk/premier-league-last-five-seasons/transfer-league-tables/premier-league-table-last-five-seasons

Gav you really are as thick as a bar top! :wstu:Can I repeat what I've told you time and again that I NEVER play golf on a Saturday! tbh my membership is 5 day only and doesn't allow me to play on Saturdays so your opinion is totally invalid as per usual. Please do try and retain that information for future reference will you? It should hopefully deter you from making continual playground insults.

As for deciding not to buy a ST that was because I was uncertain about the Indians motives BUT totally certain about the motives of Kean and Anderson. I simply couldn't give that my backing and my money. Seems you could and you did so you need to back off.

Also you would have replaced Allardyce with just about anybody! You had well and truly painted yourself in a corner with your comments on him and his sacking offered you a way out.

The search facility is a bit iffy but here's a post you made in support of Steve Kean at exactly the same time that I had decided enough was enough (May 11) because it was obvious to me that those two were simply 'on the rob'. Here.....http://www.brfcc.com/mb/index.php/topic/24454-sam-allardyce-messiah-or-simply-a-good-manager/?p=1060239

Highlighted a few bits where you really don't help yourself.

Seem to recall you saying that you were doing golf instead of Raos, but regardless, there's a lot of man-pride to not even seem a tiny bit wrong/infallible. And you wonder why it grates on people?

Heck I've been wrong on a load of things on this forum, and right about a fair few things too - that's part of the joy of football! Let's not try spoiling it by trying to paint a picture of infallibility and arrogance.

• 1 month later...

i caught up with a few old faces in bburn town centre yesterday,now ive only had the word off the pro venkys brigade and ABBEY over the last few yrs,first gang i bump into we talk about this and that, then footie comes to the table,Iask if any off them go to ewood anymore,not one said YES,one lad had took his grandson aged 10 for a couple off months till he got the bug.

i asked who they blamed all said venkys but everyone said it was THE WALKERS TRUST FAULT FOR SELLING THE CLUB TO THEM,now these lads have been going ewood for centuries,not spoilt premiership boys,i said whats it like on match days in town,and the reply was everyone of them is glued to the telly,strange but true.

i caught up with a few old faces in bburn town centre yesterday,now ive only had the word off the pro venkys brigade and ABBEY over the last few yrs,first gang i bump into we talk about this and that, then footie comes to the table,Iask if any off them go to ewood anymore,not one said YES,one lad had took his grandson aged 10 for a couple off months till he got the bug.

i asked who they blamed all said venkys but everyone said it was THE WALKERS TRUST FAULT FOR SELLING THE CLUB TO THEM,now these lads have been going ewood for centuries,not spoilt premiership boys,i said whats it like on match days in town,and the reply was everyone of them is glued to the telly,strange but true.

I don't blame the Walker Trust. They clearly did not share Jack's love for the club and didn't want to own a football club. The didn't sell to the first, or even second chancer. We could have been goners by now under Al Sayed.

I blame Venkys to an extent for making themselves an easy target to exploit. I also blame Venkys for their on-going indecision and ignorance. I blame their committee mentality of a likely prudent chairwoman trying to make the club wash its own face on one side and a seemingly passionate if grossly naive Fernandes-wannabe on the other, brokered in the middle by the Confused of Pune.

But most of all - and your friends comments show that there is still a lot of ignorance about amongst the non-messageboarders - I blame the real villains of the piece: the sharks who saw both parties coming and took money out of our club whilst watching our club slide down the rankings. All along having their puppet lie to all and sundry about big plans - plans presumably that Venkys had little sight or knowledge of - whilst the die yards to us to get behind him and his team.

"We are where we are" being the excuse for inaction at every opportunity. Sorry but this still grates.

I don't blame the Trust either, they sold to the first buyers that passed all the checks and paid the valuation, just like we've all done selling a house or a car.

Venkys on paper had the potential to be great owners, sadly due to lack of 'grey matter' they're bloody useless.

I don't blame the Trust either, they sold to the first buyers that passed all the checks and paid the valuation, just like we've all done selling a house or a car.

Venkys on paper had the potential to be great owners, sadly due to lack of 'grey matter' they're bloody useless.

Was it lack of Grey matter or a plan that went wrong though?

Was it lack of Grey matter or a plan that went wrong though?

They're thick as 2 short planks, that's where they went wrong.

If you have a plan that's not working change it! After 5yrs we're still on the original 'plan' so that means they're just THICK in my eyes.

If you research them individually as well as others in their corporation then when it comes to business most of them appear far from thick, especially the head lady honcho. I think arrogant and pig ignorant is the best way to describe them, also far far too cosy and loyal to the wrong people.

If you research them individually as well as others in their corporation then when it comes to business most of them appear far from thick, especially the head lady honcho. I think arrogant and pig ignorant is the best way to describe them, also far far too cosy and loyal to the wrong people.

Sorry tomphil but I just don't buy it.

You don't spend 5yrs making bad decision after bad decision and more importantly in our case losing money hand over fist, if you're intelligent with good business acumen.

I will accept ignorance and loyalty being in the mix, but not over the period of time we've been mismanaged.

You don't spend 5yrs making bad decision after bad decision and more importantly in our case losing money hand over fist, if you're intelligent with good business acumen.

I will accept ignorance and loyalty being in the mix, but not over the period of time we've been mismanaged.

this good business acumen..........it points to something untoward as bad decision after bad decision being made doesn't add up not in corporate business as anyone making mistake after mistake wouldn't last very long !

Sorry gav the walkers trust sold to a bunch of chancers, destroying the legacy there mentor had built, as for the money angle I sold my own home to a person not offering the most money but to the p3rson who I thought would fit into the area the best, cash is king if your money driven or a tory.

Sorry gav the walkers trust sold to a bunch of chancers, destroying the legacy there mentor had built, as for the money angle I sold my own home to a person not offering the most money but to the p3rson who I thought would fit into the area the best, cash is king if your money driven or a tory.

I think Venkys were the only serious bidders, paid the asking price and passed the fit and proper persons I don't see any issue.

That other crook Syed? Didn't prove funds and didn't pass the tests so never got the club.

On paper Venkys looked a great fit, so I don't blame the trust one bit, they had rules to abide by and followed them to the letter.

Just how stupid would you have to be though, it's damn near impossible to be that pig thick when you are surrounded by business, finance advisers and lawyers etc. No doubt they've been shafted along the way as well but I don't buy the totally dense thing, more like a whiff from the beginning that unwittingly turned into a stink.

Anyway we'll probably never know but i'll accept the naivety on the football side of things but nowt else.

I think Venkys were the only serious bidders, paid the asking price and passed the fit and proper persons I don't see any issue.

That other crook Syed? Didn't prove funds and didn't pass the tests so never got the club.

On paper Venkys looked a great fit, so I don't blame the trust one bit, they had rules to abide by and followed them to the letter.

Actually somewhat amazingly Syed did prove funds and got through the door enough to do due diligence before the trust pulled the plug on that one.

All that sentence says is that they paid the money Gav. I mean, that's obvious.

As for their being no issues with the trust selling to them, - well there is. One big one. The trustees where appointed to carry out Jacks wishes and we all know, he would never, ever have sold to them. The Trustees let Jack down badly there.

You are absolutely right Den. Jack never intended for the trust to shaft Rovers like they did. They obviously found a way around the wording of the will. We could do with their lawyers looking at FPP for us.

All that sentence says is that they paid the money Gav. I mean, that's obvious.

As for their being no issues with the trust selling to them, - well there is. One big one. The trustees where appointed to carry out Jacks wishes and we all know, he would never, ever have sold to them. The Trustees let Jack down badly there.

They past all the pre-requisites den, Syed didn’t, so its more than just money clearly :rock:

They carried out their duty, sadly the crystal ball was in the ‘menders’ or they’d have been able to predict the future, timings eh......

Wasn't Jerome Anderson involved in finding a buyer for the club before Venky's even bought it?

Sure was, they had probably already met previously in Zurich,

handy having offices in the same city.

Sure was, they had probably already met previously in Zurich,

handy having offices in the same city.

So, was it:-

a) Tantric wanted to run a club and Venksters were just 'useful idiots' who would provide the legit front to let him do it, so he approached them on behalf of the Trust in his role as adviser/buyer-finder, sold them a fantasy of Champions League on an investment of £5m a year and then royally shafted them and the Trust?

B) Venky's wanted to own a football club as a vanity project and a way of expanding their business over here and sought out the help of Anderson?

Not that it really matters as the end result would always have been the same but I've always thought it was 'option a' myself which makes my hatred for the Vensksters not as strong as some on here*

*this does not translate into being a 'Venky Lover' before anyone pipes up. ;)

Archived