BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Keith Barker On His Time At Rovers

Strangely enough I was wondering what happened with him just the other day. He'll be one of those sickening blokes who's good at whatever sport he turns his hand too.

He has a brother who played Lancs League as well. There's a tale of when the brothers and dad turned out for Enfield at Dill Hall Lane and the match was interrupted by a canine pitch invader which prompted on of the obligatory old blokes on the boundary to shout ' get yon dog off t'pitch, there's enough Barkers on theer'.

anyone go to his dads testimonial at Great Harwood were the whole touring west indies team turned out,i was still at school maybe 75/76.my mate caught Greenidge on the boundray and he walked.He said the pain off the catch was worse than the cane.

I went to the same primary school as Keith Barker Peel Park in Accrington.

He was 2 years younger than me. Was very good in both football and Cricket.

You must be joking!!! That puts you in the same year as me haha. He played against all my teams also, got moved up due go being good. For instance, I played for an u12s team that he was playing against, he turned me like I was nothing on the wing (I was playing Rb) and caught me on the nose with his arm (nearly 6 foot tall at 10 year old?) and I sold that like id been shot. A reprieve off the ref haha.

I played against him as a GK up ossy also a few years later, needless to say, he smashed 4 in me! Haha

Archived