BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Bangaly Fode Koita

Tom

• Backroom

Might have been mentioned on the other thread but the people primarily at blame here are the footballing people, "team GB." What Bowyer was thinking about god only knows. Even more baffling to me was the signing of Petshi. GB signed him and promptly announced he wouldn't be up to first team standards for some considerable time if at all. True to form he never got within a million miles of the first team. What's that all about.

As a general rule you don't want your Chief Executive refusing to sign off a deal for a player because they think he isn't worth it. It's up to the manager to find the players and the Chief Exec to set an overall budget and fit them in within those constraints.

I agree to an extent, but a competent Chief Exec with any remote form of authority would put his foot down at giving the likes of Koita £10k pw. It suggests that either Shaw was totally incompetent or that Bowyer had almost total control over the running of the club.

I dread to think what the likes of Lowe, Williamson, Henley and Taylor are on, if Koita was £10k pw?

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What did Shaw do to be so hated? I was a bit out of the loop for those few years around the time he joined.

Mostly his PNE connections and his blithering incompetence over the Berg affair.
I would be surprised if our management structure changes drastically with Shaw's dismissal. In Venky's business model, the MD appears to be little more than a nominal role, just someone to dot the Is and cross the Ts (and ignore the small print!)

Mostly his PNE connections and his blithering incompetence over the Berg affair.

I would be surprised if our management structure changes drastically with Shaw's dismissal. In Venky's business model, the MD appears to be little more than a nominal role, just someone to dot the Is and cross the Ts (and ignore the small print!)

Cheers.

I also noticed I posted this in the wrong place! I think reading about Shaw in the post before mine was enough to confuse me. Doesn't take much in the morning.

What did Shaw do to be so hated? I was a bit out of the loop for those few years around the time he joined.

You can add in signing off criminal contracts like the Best one and his sole interaction with fans being "it's not my fault, I was new".

Might have been mentioned on the other thread but the people primarily at blame here are the footballing people, "team GB." What Bowyer was thinking about god only knows. Even more baffling to me was the signing of Petshi. GB signed him and promptly announced he wouldn't be up to first team standards for some considerable time if at all. True to form he never got within a million miles of the first team. What's that all about.

As a general rule you don't want your Chief Executive refusing to sign off a deal for a player because they think he isn't worth it. It's up to the manager to find the players and the Chief Exec to set an overall budget and fit them in within those constraints.

Yes, although a chief executive who had doubts about the manager's financial competence would surely report this to the owners/powers that be? Or at Ewood, keep quiet and not upset the applecart.

Crikey, I seem to exert more influence over matters at Ewood Park than I do over my own organisation ha ha.

You might want to make a few predictions along the lines of Brown finding a new club and Marshall rediscovering his form...

Archived