BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Bangaly Fode Koita

Tom

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What wazzock agreed to pay him that inflated figure!

For goodness sake, he should have been paying us.

You were bang on in your prediction on the first page of this thread!

Whoever sanctioned 10k pwk to that guy should be sacked (if they haven't already). Utterly ridiculous when we were in an embargo gambling that money on someone like that. Established players fair enough, anyway it sounds like his new club just bought out the contract so we've probably broken even in terms of costs.

On the subject of agents fees we'll be amongst the highest in the league, we always are :blink:

The LET confirm that this lummox was on £10,000 a week!!!!

So no profit but no loss.

TEN GRAND A WEEK!!??

I'm sorry but whoever sanctioned that deal needs to be dealt with. Even in today's ridiculously inflated football salary market that is truly outrageous. The only reason I cut the guy a bit of slack for being sheeeyite is because I assumed he would be on the professional football equivalent of the minimum wage.

Bloody Hell, I can't get my head around that!

TEN GRAND A WEEK!!??

I'm sorry but whoever sanctioned that deal needs to be dealt with. Even in today's ridiculously inflated football salary market that is truly outrageous. The only reason I cut the guy a bit of slack for being sheeeyite is because I assumed he would be on the professional football equivalent of the minimum wage.

The problems is OJF that professional footballers DO see £10K as low pay. They live in a bubble we can only dream about!

But yes, shocking.

The problems is OJF that professional footballers DO see £10K as low pay. They live in a bubble we can only dream about!

But yes, shocking.

French second division footballers BM? I could understand it if he'd come from a league that pays high wages, but he didn't.

Has the lunacy ever left Ewood. The stupidity of paying Koita that much is up there with the inflated wages paid to Murphy, Best and the others who did their best to bleed this club dry.

Especially when you consider that we had a limited number of squad places and were under a financial embargo.

The mind boggles, it really does.

French second division footballers BM? I could understand it if he'd come from a league that pays high wages, but he didn't.

Especially when you consider that we had a limited number of squad places and were under a financial embargo.

Particularly when they had him on trial first. Surely one of the then coaching staff could see he was useless. And the same applies to Petchi.

No, to be fair I was just referring to English league, but football can be very hierarchical with footballers very aware of who earns more and who earns less.

If rumours are true this was an issue with Rhodes salary being so out of kilter.

Koita must definitely have thought he'd won the Jackpot

No, to be fair I was just referring to English league, but football can be very hierarchical with footballers very aware of who earns more and who earns less.

If rumours are true this was an issue with Rhodes salary being so out of kilter.

Koita must definitely have thought he'd won the Jackpot

Indeed. Thankfully Lambert seems to be sorting all these issues out. I've been reluctant to get drawn into any Bowyer bashing in the past, but Koita and Peschi have not exactly enhanced his reputation as having 'an eye for a player'.......

Indeed. Thankfully Lambert seems to be sorting all these issues out. I've been reluctant to get drawn into any Bowyer bashing in the past, but Koita and Peschi have not exactly enhanced his reputation as having 'an eye for a player'.......

Im no Bowyer cheerleader either, but in fairness, how much say would he have had on contractual matters. I'm sure Venkys and their 'special advisors' would have kept control over that, with Bowyer being a yes man. I even suspect that some players were brought in over his head.

But we need to put Bowyer to bed, he's yesterdays news.

Im no Bowyer cheerleader either, but in fairness, how much say would he have had on contractual matters. I'm sure Venkys and their 'special advisors' would have kept control over that, with Bowyer being a yes man. I even suspect that some players were brought in over his head.

But we need to put Bowyer to bed, he's yesterdays news.

We do, but as this thread is about a player he signed - or signed on his watch if not by him personally - he is relevant, and I bet I'm not the only person who has maybe had their judgement on him (GB) altered by the revelation of the salaries these two imposters were earning. And it isn't even just the salaries, it is the fact that they were signed at all tbh.

As arbitro says, Koita and the other fella were taken on trial first - and yet they were given two places in an extremely limited squad of 24, where every single member should have been suitable for first team duties immediately - and if he didn't personally allocate them a squad place then how can he be called a manager with so little control over the football side? Either way, he doesn't come out of it looking very well at all.

You've already nailed you're flag to the "waste of time" opinion for these lads.

That's before even seeing them play. To me, that basically sums up your content Shaun.

No. My stance was "absolute fking waste of shagging time"

Oooh I was right.....on both French lads.:D

TEN GRAND A WEEK!!??

2wclmc1_th.jpg

Derek_Shaw.jpg

TEN GRAND A WEEK!!??

Was about to post similar. That is appalling bad management of finances and a decision up there with murphy et al for financial stupidity - at least they had previous in the top flight. 10 grand having done nothing and shown little is baffling.

Why don't the journalists around here ever report who the agent was and the agency he was running or from. It's a question I've asked Kamy on here and it seems they run scared of daring to do a comprehensive piece on how football runs behind the scenes especially when we have so many football clubs in unsustainable debt today.

If you know the answer, why don't you say JAL? I'm not having a dig at you but I don't understand your fascination with who's the agent of x, y and z player? You just seem to leave it hanging cryptically. All players have agents, all teams have their fare share of well paid, no-mark squad fillers. N'Zonzi and Samba had agents, they worked out very well for us but were gambles.

*I can see in some follow up posts you've partly explained your fascination.

TEN GRAND A WEEK!!??

Crikey, I seem to exert more influence over matters at Ewood Park than I do over my own organisation ha ha.

Might have been mentioned on the other thread but the people primarily at blame here are the footballing people, "team GB." What Bowyer was thinking about god only knows. Even more baffling to me was the signing of Petshi. GB signed him and promptly announced he wouldn't be up to first team standards for some considerable time if at all. True to form he never got within a million miles of the first team. What's that all about.

As a general rule you don't want your Chief Executive refusing to sign off a deal for a player because they think he isn't worth it. It's up to the manager to find the players and the Chief Exec to set an overall budget and fit them in within those constraints.

Might have been mentioned on the other thread but the people primarily at blame here are the footballing people, "team GB." What Bowyer was thinking about god only knows. Even more baffling to me was the signing of Petshi. GB signed him and promptly announced he wouldn't be up to first team standards for some considerable time if at all. True to form he never got within a million miles of the first team. What's that all about.

As a general rule you don't want your Chief Executive refusing to sign off a deal for a player because they think he isn't worth it. It's up to the manager to find the players and the Chief Exec to set an overall budget and fit them in within those constraints.

We haven't always agreed in the past Rev but you are spot on here

Archived