BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Bangaly Fode Koita

Tom

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm glad he's come out and said it, not insulting our intelligence as has been done with other managers, its been plain to see Koita is garbage. I know we've all tried to give him the benefit of the doubt and praised him for trying and looking raw, but what we really wanted to say was he had a first touch like a baby elephant and couldn't hit a barn door from 2 paces.

• Moderation Lead

I kept hoping he would come good, but it just never happened for him. Pleasantly surprised we managed to get a fee for him to be honest, thought he'd be one of those that left 'by mutual consent' with a golden handshake.....

I disagree on Koita, there was the old moment of quality here and there. He played most of his time in France as an attacking wide player not a target man but even though he missed a couple of good chances I thought he played decently more often than not. He was rubbish in his last match though. I think he's the wrong kind of player for PL too so no surprise to see him go. I'm not saying he was great, just not 'garbage' and I'm not convinced that Simeon Jackson is better, we will see though.

Ramires going to China is mad, I know that Drogba and Anelka hated it, the league not just the country. It is a crap standard and it will be a good few years before the local players get decent. There's also a hefty stench of corruption hanging around most clubs and the league. Most Chinese people I know think it's rubbish and are far more interested in following Barca, Real, Man U, Man C, Chelsea or whoever happens to be winning.

If he was on 5k for 6 months that's still some profit which is mental when you consider that he's not made any impact at all.

I echo the sentiments above, he was likely more of a left sided forward as opposed to a target man - he did have some attributes but obviously not up to standard.

Like the comments - the important thing is replacing him though.

• Moderation Lead

On Lambert's comments, he seemed genuinely unimpressed with Lawrence and his agent.

Lawrence has shown flashes of quality, but his attitude could be a lot better, I can see why Man United cut him loose. It needs to improve dramatically if he wants to carve out a good career for himself at the highest level imo.

Lawrence has shown flashes of quality, but his attitude could be a lot better, I can see why Man United cut him loose. It needs to improve dramatically if he wants to carve out a good career for himself at the highest level imo.

Aside from Leeds away and the Charlton cameo I can't think of anything else he has done. Granted I haven't been to every away game this season, it also doesn't help that our defence knock it up in the air to him (and Rhodes) 95% of the time, but still.

The LET confirm that this lummox was on £10,000 a week!!!!

So no profit but no loss.

Why don't the journalists around here ever report who the agent was and the agency he was running or from. It's a question I've asked Kamy on here and it seems they run scared of daring to do a comprehensive piece on how football runs behind the scenes especially when we have so many football clubs in unsustainable debt today.

Why don't the journalists around here ever report who the agent was and the agency he was running or from. It's a question I've asked Kamy on here and it seems they run scared of daring to do a comprehensive piece on how football runs behind the scenes especially when we have so many football clubs in unsustainable debt today.

2 min Google search:

His agency is Mondial Promotion. The main name that seems to be attached is Pierre Frelot.They have people like Bafetimbi Gomis, Chamakh and Gallas on their books. But, they also have ex-Rover Anthony Modeste on there too.

I assume you already knew that though.

• Moderation Lead

I really don't want it to seem like I'm speaking out of turn here, or sniping at you, but you don't need to question journos or people on here, if you want to know who anyone's agent is, a quick google search will tell you. It really isn't difficult or time consuming.

• Backroom

Probably 10k a week.

I'm hoping that since Koita was signed to be in and around the first team, whereas Petschi was clearly destined to be the second coming of Dabo, we would have paid the latter less. But if Gaz saw fit to pay Koita £10k a week, then who knows.

I really don't want it to seem like I'm speaking out of turn here, or sniping at you, but you don't need to question journos or people on here, if you want to know who anyone's agent is, a quick google search will tell you. It really isn't difficult or time consuming.

Why isn't it put in every player move for greater transparency what with the ever increasing world of football inflation surely it should be made standard on all reporting that it's included.

Why not include all fees and bonuses paid out to all parties that are linked from any player movement including extended contracts.

• Moderation Lead

Why isn't it put in every player move for greater transparency what with the ever increasing world of football inflation surely it should be made standard on all reporting that it's included.

Why not put the managers fee as well as anybody else who could receive money from any player movement plus extended contracts.

I'd guess that it just isn't really relevant to the fans or the media, only to the buying and selling clubs. Clubs publish agents' fees every year in any case don't they?

So, with that information already in the public domain, it only takes a short time on google....

I'd guess that it just isn't really relevant to the fans or the media, only to the buying and selling clubs. Clubs publish agents' fees every year in any case don't they?

So, with that information already in the public domain, it only takes a short time on google....

Do they quote the actual amount per contract ?

Do they quote the actual amount per contract ?

No but are most fans ever bother to want to know?

Plus you do have players/agents/Clubs who will want to keep their wages private and dont want in the public domain.

People are entitled to have private life even if you are footballer or involved in Football

Archived