BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Stadium Rights

Peteb2014

I'd be surprised if we see anyone else placed under an embargo in the next few months. I think the intention now from all sides will be to try and wriggle out of it knowing what a mess it is becoming.

Thanks to QPR and their legal challenge (which is somehow still ongoing despite an outcome expected over the summer) we now have a situation whereby the whole system of FFP is being shown up in public for the farce it is, and the last thing the FL need is to open up more cans of worms and risk more litigation from other clubs.

The big problem they have is ourselves and Nottingham Forest, as we are 12 months into a transfer embargo despite substantial cost cutting and all the while QPR are carting on regardless. This situation is a travesty and undermines the whole FFP concept.

It now seems that somebody is giving Rovers the impression that the embargo is set to be lifted soon. Whether this amounts to a concrete decision or just confidence that it will remains to be seen. My belief is that Rovers have since the summer been able to evidence substantive attempts to comply, whilst not being below the threshold, as Bolton and Brighton were able to do previously. I think that is the very least we deserve after slashing our wage bill and bringing in £10 million through sales last summer is for us to be rewarded by being able to do what 22 of our rivals can do.

I think the suits at FL HQ are probably wanting to avoid embargoes if at all possible for risk of more challenges and trouble.

It also appears that Forest are confident of having their embargo lifted by next summer at the latest, and my prediction will be that once both of our embargoes are gone then no more clubs will go under one, regardless of spending.

I think it's going to be a legal loophole that will get us out. Think the advisor that came over is linked to us getting out of this as well.

If we do come out of the embargo then we can safely say this unknown/mystery figure is better than the last "camera shy" global advisor we had.

I think this would be a backward step as far as our owners are concerned. I wouldn't be that bothered but it wouldn't be played out like that in the media. I wouldn't want them to undo any of the good work they have over the last few days.

If they really wanted to get us out of embargo why not just have a pay what you want day at Ewood and Venkys could pay 5mil for a comfy seat in the Jack Walker. We could even stick in an old wooden seat for the nostalgic among us. We would get a full house as well with the majority paying a tiny amount.

I think it's going to be a legal loophole that will get us out. Think the advisor that came over is linked to us getting out of this as well.

If we do come out of the embargo then we can safely say this unknown/mystery figure is better than the last "camera shy" global advisor we had.

Maybe said advisor should be given an important role on the board. What about the PKEnders job?

What if it turns out to be him? :blink:

Archived