BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Stadium Rights

Peteb2014

Just a question as to what everyone's thoughts would be if the way of exiting the embargo is selling the naming rights of Ewood

Wouldn't mind to be honest.

How many people call St James Park the sports direct arena anyway?

How many years was it the Walkersteel/RFS/FrazerEagle stand, and how many didn't call it the Riverside?

Providing the name wasn't something embarrassing then I could live with it. It wouldn't make any notable difference to me or my matchday experience.

I'd sooner they did what the Sheffield owner did and print his name on their kit for a large sum of money.

Still think that there is something else going on. If it was as simple as renaming the stadium they could have done that from the start.

I'm hoping that an embarrassed Football League have given word that we've done enough in reducing losses in wage reductions and.sales that they will allow us to trade again.

If it's another revenue strain to bring into the club, then I couldn't care less.

Ditto. They could call it the Chupa Chups Arena for me as long as they pay us 5m p.a. for the privilege of doing so. Doubt this is what we are referring to to get out of FFP though.

Google Ewood Park ;) everybody would be like let me google Ewood Park. Win win Stuart ;)

Sent from my GT-N8000 using Tapatalk

?

At least my crappy phone has the facility to turn off annoying, needy auto signatures!

Mods: Can we rename this to something like how to we think we are getting out of FFP?

I don't think a stadium sponsorship would be enough but maybe wrong.

There there are the other ways around FFP if you write off debt (as a loss to the loanees) as QPR have done to clear the debt.

Fulham also in a way (see the last sentance)

(from Wikipedia)

During his ownership of Fulham, Al-Fayed had provided Fulham F.C. with £187 million in interest free loans. In March 2011 Fulham posted annual losses of £16.9 million, Al-Fayed stated that he would continue to make "funds available to achieve our goals both on and off the pitch" and that the "continued success of Fulham and its eventual financial self-sustainability is my priority.". As of January 2013 Fulham were effectively debt free as Al-Fayed converted the loans into equity in the club

Is it too much to ask that Venky's will buy out some of the debt?

Ditto. They could call it the Chupa Chups Arena for me as long as they pay us 5m p.a. for the privilege of doing so. Doubt this is what we are referring to to get out of FFP though.

I cant imagine any company offering us a deal anything like that though(unless it was named the venky stadium and they just do it as a way of putting money into the club through a back door)

Not keen on it at all to be honest but if it was to guarantee getting out of the embargo and providing the manager with funds whilst holding onto Rhodes then I suppose fair enough.

Just don't go changing the name every pigging year like some do.

Mods: Can we rename this to something like how to we think we are getting out of FFP?

There there are the other ways around FFP if you write off debt (as a loss to the loanees) as QPR have done to clear the debt.

(from Wikipedia)

During his ownership of Fulham, Al-Fayed had provided Fulham F.C. with £187 million in interest free loans. In March 2011 Fulham posted annual losses of £16.9 million, Al-Fayed stated that he would continue to make "funds available to achieve our goals both on and off the pitch" and that the "continued success of Fulham and its eventual financial self-sustainability is my priority.". As of January 2013 Fulham were effectively debt free as Al-Fayed converted the loans into equity in the club

I beleive they have done some of this already, however its part of FFP that you cant do this above a small figure each year.

Anyway, we are meant to be holding talks with the FL if this article is anything to go on...

http://the72.co.uk/40020/football-league-to-hold-embargo-talks-with-blackburn-and-fulham/?

• Backroom

(from Wikipedia)

Seems like the Footall League may not consider Fulham's attempts at getting around FFP enough. If they end up under embargo that could make things quite interesting, as it would suggest converting loans to equity (as Fulham and QPR have both done) would not be enough to satisfy the criteria. QPR I believe are still in court with the FL over their FFP transgressions.

I go to Ewood where we have the Blackburn End, Darwen End,Riverside and Jack Walker Stand, that will always be the case for me and that is no disrespect to Clayton or Douglas.

No disrespect to Jack Walker Stand - but still have fond memories of the Nuttall Street Stand and its wooden seating.

• Moderation Lead

?

At least my crappy phone has the facility to turn off annoying, needy auto signatures!

I agree, view it in your browser or turn off that bleeding signature! Please :-)

Archived