BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Apple Watch

I've resisted the temptation to buy one so far as I don't need one and they are expensive.

However

The techie in me is tempted as they are now £249 from Currys online

Anyone got one ?

Just had a look Nick and £249 appears to be for the smaller 38mm size which is for girls so get the larger size. I've been tempted with buying one for ages as you can never have enough gadgets. My difficulty would be having to leave my Tissot titanium t-touch at home to wear the iwatch.

T013_420_44_202_00.png

See what Kamy says is to me is the problem with Smart watches. I am currently looking for a new watch and am REALLY tempted by a smartwatch (probably not Apple, but that would surprise no one) mainly as I like the idea of being able to change the face display. Don't really care about fitness things, messages or any of that other guff, but would like to play and change the look and feel as I see fit.

But... like with all tech, it's out of date in a year when the next comes out. With a good old fashioned watch, tech might change slightly, but if you find the one you want it never really gets outdated.

Decisions, decisions....

You can get the 42mm in Space Grey for £289, and you can buy in store so it's a trip to Whitebirk later I think :tu:

(I also have a really good watch but it's too tempting)

If you simply want one or want to be able to see texts etc. on your wrist get one. If you want to take advantage of the various fitness apps and feel it will in some way help monitor overall health etc. don't bother.

I use a chest strap HRM and this does give accurate readings. All the calories burnt, fat burning zone stuff, HR and so on can't be accurate from a wrist monitor.

Get a good pedometer app, calorie counter app and a chest strap HRM and you'll get far more accurate results.

See what Kamy says is to me is the problem with Smart watches. I am currently looking for a new watch and am REALLY tempted by a smartwatch (probably not Apple, but that would surprise no one) mainly as I like the idea of being able to change the face display. Don't really care about fitness things, messages or any of that other guff, but would like to play and change the look and feel as I see fit.

But... like with all tech, it's out of date in a year when the next comes out. With a good old fashioned watch, tech might change slightly, but if you find the one you want it never really gets outdated.

Decisions, decisions....

Biddy, Android only please :D

If you simply want one or want to be able to see texts etc. on your wrist get one. If you want to take advantage of the various fitness apps and feel it will in some way help monitor overall health etc. don't bother.

I use a chest strap HRM and this does give accurate readings. All the calories burnt, fat burning zone stuff, HR and so on can't be accurate from a wrist monitor.

Get a good pedometer app, calorie counter app and a chest strap HRM and you'll get far more accurate results.

what Paul said

Archived