BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers Vs The Pool Fa Cup

chor808

17 hours ago, Stuart said:

Sorry Andy. I get where you are coming from but this cannot be an excuse to do nothing. It cannot be a reason not to try anything.

Isn't the old adage that Edison found 100 ways how not to make a lightbulb before the one way to invent it?

We haven't found the answer yet but we should not stop just because "it's all too difficult".

It's very easy to criticise. People SAY they want Venkys gone but DO nothing. They should just admit that the DON'T really want Venkys gone if they aren't prepared to offer even a suggestion.

It's no good saying you want to win the lottery if you don't buy a ticket.

That is an unfair statement. Whatever we do the Venkys sit in their ivory tower in India and ignore it. If in fact they do notice anything it probably hardens their resolve to punish the fans for hating them and demonstrating. There is little we can do that effects them. All that is happening is that another match thread is being ruined by people bullying supporters to boycott. Can I please ask for a separate thread for protest posts.

• Replies 932
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Al said:

That is an unfair statement. Whatever we do the Venkys sit in their ivory tower in India and ignore it. If in fact they do notice anything it probably hardens their resolve to punish the fans for hating them and demonstrating. There is little we can do that effects them. All that is happening is that another match thread is being ruined by people bullying supporters to boycott. Can I please ask for a separate thread for protest posts.

I respectfully disagree. And I find your use of the term bullying in response to my post as both an over-reaction and an insult.

I don't care about 'hardening anyone's resolve', that's a cop out. The resolve of these people cannot become any harder. They have already said there is nothing that will change their view. It is clear that if a person do not seek to change something then they do not really want change.

Just now, Stuart said:

I respectfully disagree. And I find your use of the term bullying in response to my post as both an over-reaction and an insult.

I don't care about 'hardening anyone's resolve', that's a cop out. The resolve of these people cannot become any harder. They have already said there is nothing that will change their view. It is clear that if a person do not seek to change something then they do not really want change.

Sorry if you are insulted but we attenders are constantly being bullied to protest not only by you but by others as well and we are constantly insulted too. If I thought it would make a difference I would wholeheartedly do whatever I could do although it would be severely limited due to my inability to walk very far or to stand for long periods. I will not however boycott matches as I don't know how long I will be fit enough to attend.

21 hours ago, Stuart said:

It's very easy to criticise. People SAY they want Venkys gone but DO nothing. They should just admit that the DON'T really want Venkys gone if they aren't prepared to offer even a suggestion.

I hope that you aren't suggesting that I "don't really want Venkys gone" in that post Stuart? :huh:

Just now, AndyNeil said:

I hope that you aren't suggesting that I "don't really want Venkys gone" in that post Stuart? :huh:

Not sure, Andy. Have you joined any protests against them or made any suggestions about alternatives?

Like I said, it's no use saying I want to win the lottery if you don't buy a ticket.

1 hour ago, Al said:

Sorry if you are insulted but we attenders are constantly being bullied to protest not only by you but by others as well and we are constantly insulted too. If I thought it would make a difference I would wholeheartedly do whatever I could do although it would be severely limited due to my inability to walk very far or to stand for long periods. I will not however boycott matches as I don't know how long I will be fit enough to attend.

Hope you are fit and well for many years to come yet, Al.

Boycotting is not the only protest. I haven't boycotted. Yet. (18/75 aside). But there are some folk who won't even join in Venkys Out chants during games.

Again though, this is the 300 against the 7000 (or in reality 300 v 300) which really isn't very productive and is no longer an efficient use of time and energy. Some folk will not join in anything so it's time to change tack. The minority needs to carry on regardless. If people don't help and won't offer an alternative then, respectfully, stay out of the way and stop shouting down protesters or those shouting anti-Venkys slogans. (Not aimed at you, Al, I'm sure you don't).

Just now, Stuart said:

Not sure, Andy. Have you joined any protests against them or made any suggestions about alternatives?

Like I said, it's no use saying I want to win the lottery if you don't buy a ticket.

you aren't sure? Really...there is a post either in this thread or the Blackpool protest thread in which I stated to Neal what I had 'done'  If you still aren't sure, you can always take a look at my Twitter feed.

Is it a case now whereby you have to PROVE you want Venkys Out in some sort of internet bubble, willy waving, CV competition? Blimey...no wonder this site is in ever decreasing circles if this is the level 'we' are at. :o

1 hour ago, AndyNeil said:

you aren't sure? Really...there is a post either in this thread or the Blackpool protest thread in which I stated to Neal what I had 'done'  If you still aren't sure, you can always take a look at my Twitter feed.

Is it a case now whereby you have to PROVE you want Venkys Out in some sort of internet bubble, willy waving, CV competition? Blimey...no wonder this site is in ever decreasing circles if this is the level 'we' are at. :o

Not sure why you are getting so excited. My comment clearly wasn't aimed at you then was it.

• Mike E unpinned this topic

Archived