BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers Vs The Pool Fa Cup

chor808

Aah. I would be glad to reply

1. Let us assume that the Glazers did not rip manure of anything which is Not the case, maybe you can find that excellent youtube video someone posted here on club ownership.[What were people protesting about then? Why did they want new owners? Why was the FC United of manchester club formed in the first place?] I mean do you really not know this?

2. I admit I am not an expert or significantly knowledgeable on football. So on that point I agree with you 100%.

3. If its about community, all the clubs Parson mentioned in his post should have changed hands but hey hey... they didn't. Maybe you did not read his post, Charlton, Leeds, Nottingham Forest, Cardiff, Blackpool, Coventry, awww come on .. do you really want me to enumerate on that list? I am sure you know this list by heart now.

4. About people making money, mmmmmmm hey hey Don't put them for SALE :P Simple. Nobody will make money of the club. But I can pretty much bet any amount of money that british clubs have been bought and sold and will continue to do so way beyond your or my existence. They should strictly be run as a NGO which is NOT FOR PROFIT.

I have said this 100 times before, it either takes Money or a court ruling {or both} in order to get a football club back. There will be people who will be in denial but that is to be expected on both sides of the fence.

The highlighted bit says it all

Sunshine, they were protesting about the Glazers taking over their club, that's why FC was started. They have taken millions out of that club, courtesy of a stock market listing.

It is about community, and that is why Charlton, Leeds Notts Forest Cardiff Blackpool (If you missed last weekend and previous incidents)have their protests. Their supporters want their clubs back, just like the rovers supporters do.

They aren't sold because they have incalcitrant owner like those imbeciles residing in Pune.

About making money, the Venkys now know they won't make any money, it's their stupid Indian pride that's keeping them where they are. They are unable to continue the benefit that the Rovers brings to Blackburn, so they should swallow their pride, admit their mistakes and move on

• Replies 932
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Parson:

Amarillo has financially contributed to protest funds. That makes him a protester as much as he can be from 300 miles away.

Chaddy:

The thing is, you are KNOWN for changing your mind. All the time. That is why people do not trust your 'full explanations'. If you stuck to your convictions just a few times, you wouldn't get anywhere near the stick you do on here.

I'm off to bed.

There's a few that have changed their minds on here. Some are boycotting now that a few months ago were loving going to Ewood under Lambert. Same owners mind.

Chaddy just happened to throw his dummy out, like everyone else on here, when Coyle was appointed, and then thought better of it. Not really a huge crime is it? It's better to do that than harangue fellow posters for not protesting and then go to cup games they could easily boycott wouldn't you say?

Or maybe some posters can just get off their high-horses and stop judging others.

In that regard, as a mod, should you really be trying to justify why someone gets a lot of 'stick'?

• Backroom

Blueboy333, I'm not justifying any stick he gets. It's unwarranted, but it is also human nature. People don't trust people who don't stick to their convictions. Look at politics!

Chaddy gives the impression of changing his mind a LOT. If he could nail down an opinion and stick to it he wouldn't get half the stick he does. 'Coyle' is one of several incidents where chaddy backtracked and tried to cover up changing his mind.

I'm not even having a go at him, I like the guy. Just wish he'd help himself. It'd certainly stop the stupid accusations of trolling that head his way.

• Backroom

The Times openly calling the attendance figures a lie. Very bold!

http://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/blackburn-and-blackpool-fans-unite-but-stay-away-in-fight-against-owners-0rwrzrvsv?#_=_

'If, as the official attendance said, there were 9,327 people inside Ewood Park, then my name is Rover the Dog.'

Blueboy333, I'm not justifying any stick he gets. It's unwarranted, but it is also human nature. People don't trust people who don't stick to their convictions. Look at politics!

Chaddy gives the impression of changing his mind a LOT. If he could nail down an opinion and stick to it he wouldn't get half the stick he does. 'Coyle' is one of several incidents where chaddy backtracked and tried to cover up changing his mind.

I'm not even having a go at him, I like the guy. Just wish he'd help himself. It'd certainly stop the stupid accusations of trolling that head his way.

Yes I changed my mind about being season ticket holder. Do I regret this decision? No I dont. Being a season ticket holder is part of my life and I couldnt miss a home game.

Mike, you say I change my mind alot but I have same protest opinion, same Coyle opinion and transfer opinion.

I have said my views on the protests and whether they will have an impact on the owners. I still by them.

I said Coyle was the wrong appointment and should be sack by on results. When appointed in the Summer I felt they were better options like Warnock, Grayson, Hill, Ainsworth.

On the summer transfer business, said they seemed to be a change in Coyle plans and tactics and the way he wanted to play. Only about 5 players out 13 players signed have an good impact. With 1 playing better recently

There's a few that have changed their minds on here. Some are boycotting now that a few months ago were loving going to Ewood under Lambert. Same owners mind.

Chaddy just happened to throw his dummy out, like everyone else on here, when Coyle was appointed, and then thought better of it. Not really a huge crime is it? It's better to do that than harangue fellow posters for not protesting and then go to cup games they could easily boycott wouldn't you say?

Or maybe some posters can just get off their high-horses and stop judging others.

In that regard, as a mod, should you really be trying to justify why someone gets a lot of 'stick'?

I don't think many now boycotting loved watching Lambert's team. I certainly didn't. What I did though was hope. It looked like they were at last making a decision in the interests of the club. After years of poor managers, over promoted coaches etc it looked like they'd gone for a guy who with suitable backing might have begun to arrest our decline. I and many others wanted to support that despite the fact that much of the football was dire. Therefore we carried on attending and supporting the team despite the poor owners. However, the fact that this manager was not backed, that he walked away rather than try any longer to get blood out of a stone or a reply from India and the subsequent appointment of Coyle, meant that the little spark of hope we'd had that our owners might have seen the light was extinguished. For me, it's now impossible to support the club in any real sense of the word, until something significant and fundamental changes at Ewood. I continue to hope for good results, am cheered by a win, but I expect losses, am never surprised by defeats, no longer read every tiny bit of vague rumour about the club, no longer expect even a weak transfer in, expect us to lose players at the 11th hour without replacements and fully expect relegation at the end of the season. This is the reality we find ourselves facing. No change of mind really. I've been moving in this direction since shortly after Venky's rolled up and it's got worse season on season. Odd flashes of hope have lured me back but I no longer see any hope, just more dreary dwindling away of our once proud club. Against that Chaddys frequent changing of mind, Parsons "we are what we were always meant to be," and the determination of others to keep attending and somehow saying they enjoy the experience in the face of overwhelming evidence of at the very least incompetence and possibly worse, just leaves me baffled and sad, and on Saturday, rather angry.

Again you're trying to justify it. 'It's unwarranted but it's human nature'. It's also human nature to change your mind. A Lot. I worry and fret about a lot of things. So I change my mind. I used to be indecisive but now I'm not so sure.

My old man, every season for the last 6 years, states he's done with Rovers and every season he gets another ST when he has a few months off in the summer and realises his love for watching Rovers overrides his hatred for Venky's. Changing your mind has got absolutely nothing to do with being untrustworthy. People aren't politicians, but there you go trying to justify it again.

Chaddy and Parsons have a different opinion to nearly everyone else on the board. Therefore they get stick because a few spiteful posters can't handle that and constantly harangue them with the same pointless line of questioning, trying to catch them out and getting them to justify why they go to Ewood, It's truly pathetic and a sad reflection on the mentality of the people who do it.

Anyway, sad to hear about the abuse you've received when protesting. Those people are low-life scum.

The Times openly calling the attendance figures a lie. Very bold!

http://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/blackburn-and-blackpool-fans-unite-but-stay-away-in-fight-against-owners-0rwrzrvsv?#_=_

'If, as the official attendance said, there were 9,327 people inside Ewood Park, then my name is Rover the Dog.'

I wasn't there but the official figure did surprise me, considering we only got 5k against Swansea and crowds are lower than they were then and fans are generally even more @#/? off. Swansea brought nobody but still.

It's obvious they are inflating the figures for league games but you can half-understand that by saying that they are including absent ST holders. I didn't think they'd do it in the cup. They weren't doing when Swansea turned up. It really is like we've gone back to the Kean era of lies, propoganda and half-truths. Very disturbing.

I suppose this again comes back to the effectiveness of a total boycott. The protests are obviously upsetting the club or they wouldn't be trying to inflate attendance figures to make the protests look impotent.

They can't inflate figures when a ground is empty. People say it will never happen but the idea is for it to be at least attempted for just one game. A televised home draw in the next round would be the perfect oppurtunity.

Yes I changed my mind about being season ticket holder. Do I regret this decision? No I dont. Being a season ticket holder is part of my life and I couldnt miss a home game.

Mike, you say I change my mind alot but I have same protest opinion, same Coyle opinion and transfer opinion.

I have said my views on the protests and whether they will have an impact on the owners. I still by them.

I said Coyle was the wrong appointment and should be sack by on results. When appointed in the Summer I felt they were better options like Warnock, Grayson, Hill, Ainsworth.

you never wanted Warnock remember the discussion last season

I'm surprised if The Times are openly accusing the club of lying about the number of people in the ground.

I was surprised that it got as high as 9,300 as sales during the week had been on course for 7,000-8,000 attendance, but having said that there were a lot of people queuing up for tickets shortly before kick off.

It's a simple breakdown. There were clearly 1600+ Blackpool fans in the Darwen End. Each half of the bottom tier holds about 2,500 and that bottom corner was well over half full.

The Blackburn End lower tier holds 5,000 and whilst there were plenty of empty seats I'd probably guess about 2,000 Rovers fans in there.

That leaves 5500. The Jack Walker stand holds about 11,000 and I'd suggest it was comfortably half full, perhaps even more than that.

I don't think many now boycotting loved watching Lambert's team. I certainly didn't. What I did though was hope. It looked like they were at last making a decision in the interests of the club. After years of poor managers, over promoted coaches etc it looked like they'd gone for a guy who with suitable backing might have begun to arrest our decline. I and many others wanted to support that despite the fact that much of the football was dire. Therefore we carried on attending and supporting the team despite the poor owners. However, the fact that this manager was not backed, that he walked away rather than try any longer to get blood out of a stone or a reply from India and the subsequent appointment of Coyle, meant that the little spark of hope we'd had that our owners might have seen the light was extinguished. For me, it's now impossible to support the club in any real sense of the word, until something significant and fundamental changes at Ewood. I continue to hope for good results, am cheered by a win, but I expect losses, am never surprised by defeats, no longer read every tiny bit of vague rumour about the club, no longer expect even a weak transfer in, expect us to lose players at the 11th hour without replacements and fully expect relegation at the end of the season. This is the reality we find ourselves facing. No change of mind really. I've been moving in this direction since shortly after Venky's rolled up and it's got worse season on season. Odd flashes of hope have lured me back but I no longer see any hope, just more dreary dwindling away of our once proud club. Against that Chaddys frequent changing of mind, Parsons "we are what we were always meant to be," and the determination of others to keep attending and somehow saying they enjoy the experience in the face of overwhelming evidence of at the very least incompetence and possibly worse, just leaves me baffled and sad, and on Saturday, rather angry.

Some prominent posters on here stopped going because lambert was sacked. They said so themselves. As for Lambert arresting the decline i'd argue that had already happened under Bowyer. Lambert was brought in to get us promotion. He left after 6 months, activating a release clause he had inserted into his contract. The decline has started again now under Coyle. It will probably end in League 1.

As for the highlighted bit you are simply doing what I argued against, judging others based on your own opinion/experience. It's not for others to say who or why someone can't change their mind, or what someone can enjoy. You've chosen to stop going, so have I really. Doesn't mean that's right for everyone, just means it's right for us. I'm not going to hassle you constantly on a forum for your decision and to try and make you change it. That would be idiotic. That was my point.

a contraverstial post perhaps that will have the usual suspects foaming at the mouth, but it seems that the whole protest was a bit of a damp squib in more ways than one with possibly 200 Rovers taking part so that narrative has now moved onto the attendance. If anybody has seen the picture doing the rounds of the JW Stand, taken from the Blackburn End, there can be little doubt that the attendance was there or thereabouts.

Protests simply don't work in bringing pressure to the door of the owners and the sooner people understand/accept that the better. I get that some people won't accept that as they've backed themselves so far into a corner that the slightest criticism of the protests has them hammering their keyboards in rage, however the fact of the matter is that the last two marches have been attended by between 200-250 Rovers fans. That in its own should be sending a message to the organisers.

"SO WHAT DO YOU THINK WOULD GET RID OF THE OWNERS" or something similar is the usual throwback to anybody who dare criticise boycotters/protestors. The simple answer is NOTHING the fans can do will rid the club of Venkys until either A, they decide to sell or B, somebody is stupid enough to buy the club from them at a price they would accept.

The interview that Paul Senior gave to the club TV station was a joke and when asked about how the owners felt about criticism from supporters, he may as well of said 'they don't give a @#/?'. Unfortunately sometimes in life you need to accept that you can't influence/change a situation, you just need to ride it out and see where you are at the end of it. Its pretty clear to me, and a growing number of people it would seem, that this is the situation at Rovers. Its not nice, pretty or acceptable but it is what is it.

It gives me no pleasure at all writing this post, however to me it is the reality of the situation the clubs finds itself in right now. Self-inflicted relegation and (in my opinion) wilful mismanagement of the club from the very top makes the bitter pill that so much more bitter. Sad times we live in as supporters of the club however I fear there is worse to come before we reach the end - whatever that may be.

:brfc:

I dont hassle anyone to change their mind. As i said it baffles me saddens me and sometimes angers me but ive given up on actually trying to change the opinions of supporters like those mentioned. I still call chaddy out when he posts something daft but beyond that no. Do i tbink continuing to attend is right. No i dont but its their money their time their choice.

Great post, sums it all up perfectly for me.

"SO WHAT DO YOU THINK WOULD GET RID OF THE OWNERS" or something similar is the usual throwback to anybody who dare criticise boycotters/protestors. The simple answer is NOTHING the fans can do will rid the club of Venkys until either A, they decide to sell or B, somebody is stupid enough to buy the club from them at a price they would accept.

I doubt anyone thinks 300 people protesting and 9000 turning up to watch the game will force Venky's hand. Reverse those numbers and it might. If 9000 keep turning up we'll never know.

I dont hassle anyone to change their mind. As i said it baffles me saddens me and sometimes angers me but ive given up on actually trying to change the opinions of supporters like those mentioned. I still call chaddy out when he posts something daft but beyond that no. Do i tbink continuing to attend is right. No i dont but its their money their time their choice.

I know you don't and I didn't say that.

you never wanted Warnock remember the discussion last season

I never said I wanted him but said he was a better option then Coyle.

If He had been appoint then I would have given him a chance. Like I do with every manager whether I wanted them or not

This thread is a microcosm of what is going n in the world right now. Trump, Brexit etc... Everyone concentrates on what divides us when actually we should be concentrating on what unites us. We all have a love for Blackburn Rovers. If someone doesn't agree with your course of action that's fine, if you don't agree with the actions of others that's fine as well. What's not fine is insulting someone because of this. No one has ever been insulted and then thought oh actually I was wrong.

As soon as you put labels on people you instantly have a divide and this divide helps nobody. I've read through this thread and after 37 pages of bickering not one person has changed their mind. In fact most people have become more entrenched in their views.

Please remember the next time you insult someone on here that they are a Rovers fan the same as you.

On 30/01/2017 at 9:58 AM, AndyNeil said:

a contraverstial post perhaps that will have the usual suspects foaming at the mouth, but it seems that the whole protest was a bit of a damp squib in more ways than one with possibly 200 Rovers taking part so that narrative has now moved onto the attendance. If anybody has seen the picture doing the rounds of the JW Stand, taken from the Blackburn End, there can be little doubt that the attendance was there or thereabouts.

Protests simply don't work in bringing pressure to the door of the owners and the sooner people understand/accept that the better. I get that some people won't accept that as they've backed themselves so far into a corner that the slightest criticism of the protests has them hammering their keyboards in rage, however the fact of the matter is that the last two marches have been attended by between 200-250 Rovers fans. That in its own should be sending a message to the organisers.

The interview that Paul Senior gave to the club TV station was a joke and when asked about how the owners felt about criticism from supporters, he may as well of said 'they don't give a @#/?'. Unfortunately sometimes in life you need to accept that you can't influence/change a situation, you just need to ride it out and see where you are at the end of it. Its pretty clear to me, and a growing number of people it would seem, that this is the situation at Rovers. Its not nice, pretty or acceptable but it is what is it.

It gives me no pleasure at all writing this post, however to me it is the reality of the situation the clubs finds itself in right now. Self-inflicted relegation and (in my opinion) wilful mismanagement of the club from the very top makes the bitter pill that so much more bitter. Sad times we live in as supporters of the club however I fear there is worse to come before we reach the end - whatever that may be.

:brfc:

Great post and completely understand where you are coming from as I suspect you have summed up how the majority feel. So boycott or attend is basically down to the individual. Whether you can consciuosly give money to the venkys and if the lifetime of supporting rover's and meeting friends and spending quality time with your friends outway the latter. However I still think people who organise protests should be fully respected and admired. Don't you think most protesters realise what you say. There no different to your average supporter but have enough pride to show their dissatisfaction at what is going on. Boycott, attend it's up to you but protests should never stop until they have gone and took all their slimey cronies with them #venkysout

On 1/30/2017 at 9:59 AM, gumboots said:

A very reasonable argument. However, I need to be completely honest and say that for this one game, the choice to attend nearly undermined a valiant attempt to gain publicity for a worthwhile cause.

Which was why I admitted to being angry on Saturday. I really thought that for this one occasion we could have spoken as one voice. But there's no point in getting angry about it because it just pushes others into defensive mode. I just want to feel that I tried even if I acknowledge that protests may not do any good. I can't just sweep it all under the carpet and attend. I can't let it go and I can't accept that just turning up week in, week out watching substandard players doing their best under a substandard manager is doing my best for our club. 

Just now, gumboots said:

Which was why I admitted to being angry on Saturday. I really thought that for this one occasion we could have spoken as one voice. But there's no point in getting angry about it because it just pushes others into defensive mode. I just want to feel that I tried even if I acknowledge that protests may not do any good. I can't just sweep it all under the carpet and attend. I can't let it go and I can't accept that just turning up week in, week out watching substandard players doing their best under a substandard manager is doing my best for our club. 

In days gone by we watched sub-standard players but with one brief exception we never had a sub-standard manager. The difference between then and now is that although we were struggling financially at the time everybody was busting a gut to get us going in the right direction. Eventually this happened and we worked our way back up the Leagues.

I'd go back to that state of affairs tomorrow if it meant we were rid of these bloodsuckers.

On 30/01/2017 at 9:58 AM, AndyNeil said:

Sorry Andy. I get where you are coming from but this cannot be an excuse to do nothing. It cannot be a reason not to try anything.

Isn't the old adage that Edison found 100 ways how not to make a lightbulb before the one way to invent it?

We haven't found the answer yet but we should not stop just because "it's all too difficult".

It's very easy to criticise. People SAY they want Venkys gone but DO nothing. They should just admit that the DON'T really want Venkys gone if they aren't prepared to offer even a suggestion.

It's no good saying you want to win the lottery if you don't buy a ticket.

Archived