BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Right age for 1st game?

My little lad is 2 and I take him to Morecambe most games, I'm lucky here because my old man is a life president there so I get a parking space and free briefs. I turn up about 10 minutes in to avoid crowds and either sit in the directors box or the hospitality seats so its a bit quieter and we leave after about 70 minutes to avoid crowds/traffic. He absolutely loves it, he can concentrate and stay engaged for the 25 minutes or so we watch of each half and is really entertained by the crowd and the noise in general. He loves watching the game and I'd say lower league football is a really good introduction. I'm not going to bother to take him to Rovers for a few years yet because of a combination of the drive/likelihood of him wanting to leave after 10 minutes and us being and absolute embarrassment!  

I first went aged 7 with an Aunt & Uncle who had three main stand front row season tickets. 

My two lads both went before their second birthday, of course there was plenty open terracing for them to run around on at the time.

Took my lad when he was 2/3, away to Stockport.

Had him on my shoulder and this bloke behind:

"You're ******* useless McAteer"

My lad burst into tears and never forgot that until he was 8/9, so be careful, or not in the current climate, maybe a good idea to put him off :P

Archived