BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] March On Wembley (F.A. Cup Final Protest)

Neal your a godsend to this board.It being in London it will get loads of support from Charlton and Orient fans,if there are two rovers shirts on show it will be a miracle.Our fans have took to the 3rd already.

Just now, duggy9197 said:

Neal your a godsend to this board.It being in London it will get loads of support from Charlton and Orient fans,if there are two rovers shirts on show it will be a miracle.Our fans have took to the 3rd already.

There're already 2 Rovers fans going.

34 minutes ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

In terms of protest this is a good idea.

Has anyone made any thoughts on perhaps protesting the Elton John concert? Road blocks or any form of disruption would definitely be newsworthy. 

You are certainly going to get none football fans attending and people from other areas too. Perhaps a leaflet showing what destruction Venkys have caused and perhaps highlight that people attending, could in a very small way be contributing to their cause. If it stops another concert next year, then job done.

1 hour ago, lraC said:

You are certainly going to get none football fans attending and people from other areas too. Perhaps a leaflet showing what destruction Venkys have caused and perhaps highlight that people attending, could in a very small way be contributing to their cause. If it stops another concert next year, then job done.

Is it none football fans your trying to attract tho? I would say FA cup final would get 100 time the coverage than a Elton John concert and non football fans will see a protest in the way of them getting to a concert as a disturbance rather than anything positive.

A protest down at one of the FA's biggest events with majority of football fans tuning in is the way to go imo. Footballing people care about football and it will put more pressure on the FA as the footballing world will be watching and it might have the media asking the FA to comment. It's also in the media at the moment and the more emphasis put on it will help with our cause before next season starts and everyone forgets about us. 

12 minutes ago, JonnyP said:

Is it none football fans your trying to attract tho? I would say FA cup final would get 100 time the coverage than a Elton John concert and non football fans will see a protest in the way of them getting to a concert as a disturbance rather than anything positive.

A protest down at one of the FA's biggest events with majority of football fans tuning in is the way to go imo. Footballing people care about football and it will put more pressure on the FA as the footballing world will be watching and it might have the media asking the FA to comment. It's also in the media at the moment and the more emphasis put on it will help with our cause before next season starts and everyone forgets about us. 

No harm in doing both.

5 hours ago, duggy9197 said:

I'm sure there are plenty that would disagree. It seems previous discussions got some traction and good people with better contacts than ran with it, they deserve the credit, will help out in anyway.

I'm planning to drive down but if enough want to attend, I can drive a mini bus if enough people are willing to chip in on the cost (if I can find my bloody licence).

• 2 weeks later...

With the recent tereorist activity, added police presence and hightened security procedures, this weekends protest at this moment is not looking good and I suspect will not be going ahead. The fight will go on for our club and communities but at this time the recent attacks put things into perspective.

I thought i'd inform people as early as possible. 

Just now, Neal said:

With the recent tereorist activity, added police presence and hightened security procedures, this weekends protest at this moment is not looking good and I suspect will not be going ahead. The fight will go on for our club and communities but at this time the recent attacks put things into perspective.

I thought i'd inform people as early as possible. 

As much as agree with peaceful protesting the last thing the Met will want is a group of protestors in the middle of everything considering the stress they will be under as a result of the Manchester bomb. They will have enough on their hands. I think that's a respectable decision to cancel the protest 

1 hour ago, JonnyP said:

As much as agree with peaceful protesting the last thing the Met will want is a group of protestors in the middle of everything considering the stress they will be under as a result of the Manchester bomb. They will have enough on their hands. I think that's a respectable decision to cancel the protest 

Agreed.

Archived