BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] London fire and reporting/coverage

9 hours ago, K-Hod said:

Yeah, I'm nigh-on certain that Kensington was one of Labour's Tory gains from the last election tbh. (Even the Daily Mail reported it!)

True but not relevant. These are local Government decisions from a local administration.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, jim mk2 said:

Look what crawled out of the woodwork.

I note that in failing to address the issue of fire safety successive Tory governments were only responding to public pressure, that is to say the Daily Mail, which has been campaigning against Health and Safety "nonsense" for a decade. It would be no surprise if K&C slipped into this new culture of understanding.  

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2303137/Health-safety-nonsense-revealed-Toothpicks-removed-bubbles-banned-childs-party.html

Death toll has now risen to 79. 

When the Tories got back in in 2010, they proudly announced they would "make a bonfire of regulations".

Tragically they got one.

On 2017-6-14 at 19:08, Batman. said:

Sky reporting that cameramen being attacked by locals for filming whilst residents told of bad news by emergency services. 

I do find all of this coverage very perverse, and I cannot see whose best interests it is in? Sky turn these things into entertainment. Turn the cameras off, let people do what they need to do, and report on it afterwards.

Just reading and seeing the pictures of the missing presumed dead of Grenfell Tower block, what jumps out at you, is, that they are all, bar two from fifty plus photographs ....of foreign origins.

Just now, JAL said:

Just reading and seeing the pictures of the missing presumed dead of Grenfell Tower block, what jumps out at you, is, that they are all, bar two from fifty plus photographs ....of foreign origins.

The run down areas of most cities now are full of foreign nationals.. Moss Side used to be an infamous rough area of Manchester full of the local hard lads, you'd do well to find many locals knocking around there now.

11 hours ago, 47er said:

When the Tories got back in in 2010, they proudly announced they would "make a bonfire of regulations".

Tragically they got one.

Apparently the government aren't going to introduce any new legislation after this fire according to a Newsnight journalist despite expert advice advising them and repeatedly advising them to do so.

Archived