BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Has a date been agreed for supporters consultation meeting

8 minutes ago, Athlete said:

Quelle surprise you'd pop up in their defense 

I'm not defending them either, I'm using relevant information, facts and news to decipher my opinion on the way it came about.

• Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Biz said:

How does that work when 95% of the debt is money the club owes to their company/family?

It's still debt Wether it's to them or Boi or whoever or whatever it's financed.. Owning and servicing a massive debt which shouldn't be there... Look again at players sold.. OK we all know that a lot of people have had there slice of the pie but C'mom... 

Just now, Biz said:

I'm not defending them either, I'm using relevant information, facts and news to decipher my opinion on the way it came about.

Football is all about opinions you stick to yours I'll stick with mine... 

2 hours ago, Hasta said:

The problem with Keans contract was that it meant that he could wheel out the old guard, bring in the likes of Myles and co. and not have to worry about relegation as it was incredibly well paid. We talk about players contracts having relegation clauses. Kean's had none. He was to be well rewarded over 4 years regardless of what happens. If he kept us in the Premier league was obscene.

Remember this was a rookie unknown. Would any Rovers board member at that time have agreed that contract? No. Did Venkys know anything about football? No.  So who prepared the contract and under FA rules for running clubs, was it legal for them to do so.?

Again this is off memory. Did the contract actually refer to the possibility of us being in League one? I recall that it did. Do you think Mark Hughes, Tony Pulis or Ronald Koeman have contracts which talk about league one.  It isn't almost like it needed to be in there because the course the club was about to take meant serious chance of relegation.

Yes you are right. At a time when we were a Premier League club, Kean's contract had a section built into it providing for a bonus,stating the amount, if we were in League 1!

Just bad advice though eh?:blink:

Just now, Athlete said:

It's still debt Wether it's to them or Boi or whoever or whatever it's financed 

There's a difference between owing them money and owing a bank money. One involves interest, the other doesn't. 

The debt is a result of taking bad advice and making constant bad decisions, as I've said before, the vacuum creates these conflicts, the distance between decision makers and the decisions in the club, even as recently as the Coyle fiasco.

Just now, Biz said:

There's a difference between owing them money and owing a bank money. One involves interest, the other doesn't. 

The debt is a result of taking bad advice and making constant bad decisions, as I've said before, the vacuum creates these conflicts, the distance between decision makers and the decisions in the club, even as recently as the Coyle fiasco.

Biz in a multi national corporate world constantly taking bad advice and making bad decisions doesn't happen it may happen once or twice at a push where someone will get potted for but any mistakes are learned from and not made again...  

Now if you seriously think it would that's your opinion Biz but it's certainly not mine 

Why are they still here? I can only assume that one day they believe they will get their money back. A whole lot more misery for us to go through before they either achieve that or, more likely, abandon it.

People my age will probably never live to see us get our Rovers back.

Just now, 47er said:

Yes you are right. At a time when we were a Premier League club, Kean's contract had a section built into it providing for a bonus,statint the amount, if we were in League 1!

Just bad advice though eh?:blink:

It provided a bonus no matter what division he was in. He got less money as we went down the leagues. So, yeah, clever agents sorting out their clients so no matter what happened they'd still get paid = Bad advice to the people paying the bills. Everything you say supports the evidence that the Venksters were gullible fools who thought they could get in the Champions League on an investment of £5m a year if only they let the agents run the club. If it's not obvious now then I'm not sure the penny will ever drop. The slippery agent and his cronies weren't keeping a watchful eye on here and the LT, and imposing injunctions on every man and his dog,  because they were trying to protect Venky's. :wacko:

11 minutes ago, Athlete said:

The point I'm making is where they actually bothered.. If you make a mistake at corporate level you don't carry on making those mistakes unless it does not matter or it's irrelevant for what you've actually got the vehicle for 

But let's not forget that the Phil Jones transfer fee virtually paid for what was given for the club in the first place... But the purchase price went on the debt 

I'd imagine they are very bothered they were ripped off, and I imagine the only reason they are still here is because if we ever get back in the Prem they'll be able to take back nearly all the money they've accrued in debt via 'Venky's London' from just one seasons TV money.  

Just now, blueboy3333 said:

I'd imagine they are very bothered they were ripped off, and I imagine the only reason they are still here is because if we ever get back in the Prem they'll be able to take back nearly all the money they've accrued in debt via 'Venky's London' from just one seasons TV money.  

OK then.. If they were that bothered about that why make mistake after mistake allowing us to get relegated to league one 

LOL I didn't mean go to sleep straight away! I'll pretend your joking and not just a bit slow;)

Is it not time you was in school wherever in the world you maybe or is it venkys world... ?

What do Coyle, Lambert and Mowbray have on their CV's?

That has already been covered in another thread by a couple of other posters and the answer wasn't promotion from league one.. As I've told Biz football is all about opinions you have yours I have mind end of.... 

The reason people didn't ask about the debt and asked about Coyle is because those meetings have a strict agenda, blueboy.

The question of debt was asked either last year or the season before and, if I remember correctly, the debt is loaded against Venkys London Limited, which is the parent company of Blackburn Rovers Athletic PLC. It's secured against everything from land in India (supposedly) to future ST sales (confirmed).

The debt is firmly Blackburn Rovers' debt, not the Rao family. As far as I know every penny they have "pumped into the club" (horrible suggestion) is then loaded as debt to them, payable on departure. This basically almost rules out any takeover bid as the debt pretty much quadruples the now value of the club.

Furthermore the suggestion they were badly advised could have been bought in the early years. They definitely trusted the wrong people. However, since then, it's been gross mismanagement on a massive scale that stems way and above 'bad advice'. There is a solid argument to be had that they are choosing to operate in the shadows as a way to conceal actual happenings at the club - if this wasn't the case they'd be transparent, they'd answer questions (in the modern world what's stopping a video link for "fan consultations"?) and they'd appoint a recognised, cohesive board that operates in the interests of the club and not the sole personal interests of the owners

10 minutes ago, Athlete said:

Biz in a multi national corporate world constantly taking bad advice and making bad decisions doesn't happen it may happen once or twice at a push where someone will get potted for but any mistakes are learned from and not made again...  

Now if you seriously think it would that's your opinion Biz but it's certainly not mine 

Someone did get potted. We've seen 3 "chairman" and 7 managers sacked in less than 7 years. We've also seen countless staff, players and different "advisors" move on with pay offs.

Football isn't standard business either, which is precisely why these problems have happened here and elsewhere; rich idiots looking for new trinkets

Just now, Athlete said:

That has already been covered in another thread by a couple of other posters and the answer wasn't promotion from league one.. As I've told Biz football is all about opinions you have yours I have mind end of.... 

Nope, it was promotion from the Championship. I pointed it out when Coyle was appointed. A blind man on galloping horse can see what the 'policy' is. Unfortunately, because they are idiots they chose Coyle instead of another with promotion to the Prem on his CV (Warnock), probably because Coyle was cheaper and talked his way into the job.

Your opinions aren't based in 'fact', that's the difference. And you can't back then up. End of...

Nope, it was promotion from the Championship. I pointed it out when Coyle was appointed. A blind man on galloping horse can see what the 'policy' is. Unfortunately, because they are idiots they chose Coyle instead of another with promotion to the Prem on his CV (Warnock), probably because Coyle was cheaper and talked his way into the job.

Your opinions aren't based in 'fact', that's the difference. And you can't back then up. End of...

Who did he talk too? Mike Cheston was the only director at the time and it wasn't him.

The owners can't be reached by MC himself so how does Coyle from Langho, who was in Houston at the time, manage to reach them directly?

Just now, Dreams of 1995 said:

The reason people didn't ask about the debt and asked about Coyle is because those meetings have a strict agenda, blueboy.

The question of debt was asked either last year or the season before and, if I remember correctly, the debt is loaded against Venkys London Limited, which is the parent company of Blackburn Rovers Athletic PLC. It's secured against everything from land in India (supposedly) to future ST sales (confirmed).

The debt is firmly Blackburn Rovers' debt, not the Rao family. As far as I know every penny they have "pumped into the club" (horrible suggestion) is then loaded as debt to them, payable on departure. This basically almost rules out any takeover bid as the debt pretty much quadruples the now value of the club.

Furthermore the suggestion they were badly advised could have been bought in the early years. They definitely trusted the wrong people. However, since then, it's been gross mismanagement on a massive scale that stems way and above 'bad advice'. There is a solid argument to be had that they are choosing to operate in the shadows as a way to conceal actual happenings at the club - if this wasn't the case they'd be transparent, they'd answer questions (in the modern world what's stopping a video link for "fan consultations"?) and they'd appoint a recognised, cohesive board that operates in the interests of the club and not the sole personal interests of the owners

Fact? So Cheston was lying when he said the debt was Venky's?

The rest is just conjecture. Just because they don't want to answer questions doesn't make them corrupt.

You can make a 'solid argument' for anything in the absence of transparency. It doesn't make it true. 

Archived